FDA I'm in Weeds. When is the Big Exhale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fogMann

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2013
Chicago, IL, USA
I've waded through some of the material on ECF but admittedly a rather shallow excursion. I'm confused as to exactly when the other shoe drops. The big question - exactly when will products become unavailable. By products, I mean all the liquids, mods, attys, etc. manufactured by suppliers who have been unwilling or unable to fund the studies required by the FDA. I assume that many many vendors fall into that category.

I assume that on this date, legal shipments of those products will cease, U.S. customs would have the right to inspect and confiscate, retail sales will halt and the dark ages for vaping begins.

My apologies in advance. The answer is probably addressed in many posts. I just haven't been able to locate a definitive answer.

MSK421

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2017
Fort Worth, Texas
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Drug talk is not permitted on ECF. No exceptions.

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
I assume that on this date, legal shipments of those products will cease, U.S. customs would have the right to inspect and confiscate, retail sales will halt and the dark ages for vaping begins.

IIRC, the date you're looking for was August 8, 2018, but was extended three months to November. I think that if the deeming regs aren't changed, most vapers who haven't stocked up or know where to buy their vape gear on the black/gray market, will go back to smoking or just quit completely. Even worse, few smokers will become vapers.

Fortunately, I've seen a lot of things in last few months that give me hope that things will change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread