New Calculator to try

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunnomatic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2013
Conway,SC
RF SC = Real Flavors Super Concentrates in my gibberish. I only just became aware of the Chinese SC line and have no plans to try any of them. I would rather try something made in the states that is tested in a US lab.
FA is Italian but with a good reputation. God only knows where all these companies are getting their ingredients to make all this stuff tho lol.

bunnomatic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2013
Conway,SC
Yes but it affects the end cost of mixed juice (I mix RF at 3.5% total flavoring) very little IMO and if you catch the RF on sale it isn't much more expensive at all. Most of my current stock was bought during some of their sales at 20% - 50% off.
I'll have to watch them for a sale or my wife will cut me off lol. ive been getting my stuff from Bull City Flavors but they don't carry RF yet. They have some of the best prices I have found. That is a very low flavor total. I thought FA was low at 6-8% lol

bunnomatic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2013
Conway,SC
Yes but it affects the end cost of mixed juice (I mix RF at 3.5% total flavoring) very little IMO and if you catch the RF on sale it isn't much more expensive at all. Most of my current stock was bought during some of their sales at 20% - 50% off.
Was nice chatting with you! My dog is looking at me like if I don't tke him out he is going to do something that I won't be happy about lol! Have a great night!

Reactions: Burnie

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I'll have to watch them for a sale or my wife will cut me off lol. ive been getting my stuff from Bull City Flavors but they don't carry RF yet. They have some of the best prices I have found. That is a very low flavor total. I thought FA was low at 6-8% lol
some people mix them higher and I plan on trying some of my 3.5% recipes scaled up to see if it makes a difference but so far I have no complaints with their stuff at 3.5% using no sweetener or just 0.25% of pyure in the fruit mixes. I have done a lot of single flavor testing at 0.5% - 2% with their flavors (67 flavors in the stash, I think? some I tested higher based on what I read on the forums.) and like other vendors it can vary from flavor to flavor but total flavor percent for a recipe I have yet to go over 4% - 4.5% combined total percent using all RF flavors.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
And now we return you to your regularly scheduled topic;):

You actually can do this. If you export a recipe to Excel, you will get a workbook with two tabs. One with the recipe and one with all of your ingredient inventory. Delete the recipe tab all together. On the inventory tab, you can make any changes you want, even delete and start from scratch. Then import back into JC and this will overwrite the inventory with whatever you have in your spreadsheet. Make sure you have a backup file incase it goes bad. It took me several attempts but I finally figured it out. Not perfect but I am very comfortable in excel and using this method is much faster than going through the inventory editor.

If there's any interest, I can produce a how-to walk through....
Good work-around! Thanks for sharing!!:thumbs:

Reactions: Fozzy71

skineedog

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2015
Where do you buy your TFA flavors from?
Usually from ECX but lately, last several orders have come from BCF. I like that BCF offers bottle sizes for most flavors that ECX doesn't. Capella for instance, ECX it's 4oz or 13mls, thats it. Well, maybe I'd rather have 30mls.... BCF offers several sizes to choose from on most brands and flavors. ECX on the other hand has, with codes and 'loyalty' credits, ever so slightly cheaper prices.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
The software isn't dead; it is still a great calculator. We have just been spoiled with near weekly updates in the past. And, the thread isn't dead as long as people are still seeking help, and others are here to offer it.:D
dead = not being updated imo (note: I work for a software company full time doing remote/tech support) but I agree that I will be using this until I can't use it any longer for whatever reason

Hi everyone, I've been using the calculator for a while but a few weeks ago my juice file became corrupt. I know it is an .xml file and I have run it through an online xml validator which reports:
An error appears near line 89 column 16048:
undefined.
Does anyone have any resources or knowledge that could help me repair the error. Thanks for any ideas.

Reactions: IDJoel

squee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Central CT
Hi everyone, I've been using the calculator for a while but a few weeks ago my juice file became corrupt. I know it is an .xml file and I have run it through an online xml validator which reports:
An error appears near line 89 column 16048:
undefined.
Does anyone have any resources or knowledge that could help me repair the error. Thanks for any ideas.
How to Unlock a Corrupt & Unreadable .XML File | eHow

Reactions: 28if
I used an online validator and It told me where the error is, but...even though I know where the error is I can't seem to figure out "what" it is. the validator says the error is at the end of this line: DefaultVGPercentage<> there is a long line of text before that but for some reason I can't paste it here.
I have tried removing the > and the < which doesn't help. So it seems I am missing something. but looking at the ends of other lines hasn't helped me as they look the same. So I'm stuck.

squee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Central CT
I used an online validator and It told me where the error is, but...even though I know where the error is I can't seem to figure out "what" it is. the validator says the error is at the end of this line: DefaultVGPercentage<> there is a long line of text before that but for some reason I can't paste it here.
I have tried removing the > and the < which doesn't help. So it seems I am missing something. but looking at the ends of other lines hasn't helped me as they look the same. So I'm stuck.
If you want to upload the xml, i can take a look at it but without that, there isn't much else I can tell you

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Any chance you can post a screen shot of the entire error message, and also one of the section containing the error (including a bit before, and after)? Then maybe we can offer you some extra sets of eyes to help you identify the problem.
the validator says the error is at the end of this line: DefaultVGPercentage<>
Also, and please keep in mind that this is coming from one who professes his own ignorance, but...
from what I was able to glean from the link @squee shared, there should be some sort of a value between the two arrows (the "<" and ">") that defines what the default VG percentage should be (such as "<50>", instead of the empty "<>", but I am only guessing!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread