Dogs and e-juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

silkyfurz

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2010
Maryland
In regard to the thread about the poor puppy who ate e-juice, I wanted to post this separately. In an emergency, you can give your pet (really) burned toast. It acts as charcoal, absorbs the poison, and makes them throw up (pup-chuck). You can also buy a bottle of syrup of ipecac over-the-counter to keep on hand, which is given to induce vomiting. My grocery store has it in the baby food section.

When my dog snatched and ate almost a whole bag of Hersey's Dark Chocolate Kisses, I rushed him to the emergency vet, where he stayed for 2 nights while they observed him for seizures. Next time I saw my regular vet, he told me about the burned toast. I could have saved $1,500!

vapour Dwarf

Jul 2, 2010
u.k.
That's great info because we can be as careful as possible and accidents do happen knowing how to deal with them when they do happen is the hard bit. For some reason i usually opt for the run around panicing and waving my arms about like an idiot routine. But now i will at least know i can help, i would still have to go down to the vet just to make certain it has worked and get the all clear

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
I had a friend who tried everything with her dog, meat, cheese, peanut butter, shoving it as far as she could down it's throat, nothing worked. The dog had seizures so the medication was a must have. One day she dropped her own baby aspirin (heart issues) on the floor and by the time she got out only a third of the phrase "don't eat that!" the dog had. From then on she dropped the dog's pill on the floor and loudly commanded "don't eat that". Never had another problem pilling the dog. :laugh:

tgcrna

Tink
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
Greensboro, NC
I had a friend who tried everything with her dog, meat, cheese, peanut butter, shoving it as far as she could down it's throat, nothing worked. The dog had seizures so the medication was a must have. One day she dropped her own baby aspirin (heart issues) on the floor and by the time she got out only a third of the phrase "don't eat that!" the dog had. From then on she dropped the dog's pill on the floor and loudly commanded "don't eat that". Never had another problem pilling the dog. :laugh:

Too funny! One of my cats, when she was a kitten, snatched my son's Adderal (for ADD) off of the table and ate it before I could get to her. Adderal is a stimulant. That cat didn't sleep for over 24 hours! So, of course, I didn't either! She watched a ceiling fan with fascination for hours. Maybe I'll try your friends method if I ever have to give her a pill.

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
Too funny! One of my cats, when she was a kitten, snatched my son's Adderal (for ADD) off of the table and ate it before I could get to her. Adderal is a stimulant. That cat didn't sleep for over 24 hours! So, of course, I didn't either! She watched a ceiling fan with fascination for hours. Maybe I'll try your friends method if I ever have to give her a pill.

Oh no! :lol: My cat is like that naturally for most of the day, can't imagine her on ADD meds. :blink:

oettinger

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2010
Tampa, Fl.
My 10mo puppy ate a 5ml bottle of e-juice.

I took her to the vet, they asked if she was freaking out or anything. When I said that she seemed fine, but I was just being cautious they said to bring her back if she started acting weird or having seizures.

In her defense she is a 70lb giant poodle puppy.

But, the vet didn't seem too concerned BUT size makes a huge difference. Based on the chocolate formula the theobromine in milk chocolate: milk chocolate=45mg/oz= toxicity at 1 oz eaten/pound body weight. my dog would have to 6 POUNDS of it within a 1hr period for it to be considered toxic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread