Status
Not open for further replies.

deryk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Edison, New Jersey, United States
Hello Folks!

I used to use a Provari 2.5 and loved it, after 2.5 years of use I figured it was time to upgrade to a newer model so last fall I got the P3. Hate it... I clean the contacts weekly, add new noalox like every other week and I am still constantly having to take the battery out and reinsert it to keep it working. The screen is black, so I have no clue what its set to. On my 3rd set of batteries thinking that was the problem...it is time for a new VV/Vw mod.

I vape on the cool side, I know its 1.7 ohms, no clue what the wattage is because its been a few months since I have been able to read the screen.

So I am looking for a new Mod. I like the style of the Provari (cylinder shape) I don't like the box style. Any suggestions for a pretty solid rugged mod that uses the 18650 batteries?

thanks in advance

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Gotcha.

You can get a cheap one by EHPro (about $20), that runs quite well (very similar to the v2.5 IMO). It has an auto shutoff so you have to 5 click it if it sits too long (not crazy about that).

If your budget supports it, Dicodes are tough to beat today for a good tube mod, but they'll set you back some pennies (> $200).

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
deryk, I can't speak to it personally, as I don't own one, but I know that MANY people rave after the Dicodes.

If it's not a box mod you want, but would be willing to have a mod that's somewhere in between, I strongly and highly suggest a Jac Vapour Series B. WONDERFUL device. :)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
deryk, I can't speak to it personally, as I don't own one, but I know that MANY people rave after the Dicodes.

If it's not a box mod you want, but would be willing to have a mod that's somewhere in between, I strongly and highly suggest a Jac Vapour Series B. WONDERFUL device. :)

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

deryk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
For the meen time I switched back to my Provari 2.5 (3 years old and still working like a champ!) I contacted the person doing the Provari repairs but I am so over pulling the battery out 3-5 times a day for it to work. The screen is so dark that I can't see anything on it and its only 8 months old. The P3 is a big disappointment to me.

The Dicodes as nice as they look are out of my price range... bought a fixer upper house last summer so most of my "extra" money is going that way. So is box mod's the current direction for ecig's?

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Welp, deryk, sure hope you can get that dark screen/no screen Provi fixed up! I'm sure I'd be incredibly disappointed as well.

Yep yep, the Dicodes IS pricey. Have you looked at the one that DPLongo22 recommended, the EhPro?

Other than having to 5 click it on from sleep, he's been extremely happy with it!

You might do better (or worse) on price, but here's a site for you to check out: Ehpro 101 TC Mod 50W - $22.99

I'd say yes on your box mod question. In fact, as I've seen it, the trend toward box mods has been steadily increasing for a long, long time now. I have a stable full of both tubes and boxers. Variety is that spice, ya know? :D

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Welp, deryk, sure hope you can get that dark screen/no screen Provi fixed up! I'm sure I'd be incredibly disappointed as well.

Yep yep, the Dicodes IS pricey. Have you looked at the one that DPLongo22 recommended, the EhPro?

Other than having to 5 click it on from sleep, he's been extremely happy with it!

You might do better (or worse) on price, but here's a site for you to check out: Ehpro 101 TC Mod 50W - $22.99

I'd say yes on your box mod question. In fact, as I've seen it, the trend toward box mods has been steadily increasing for a long, long time now. I have a stable full of both tubes and boxers. Variety is that spice, ya know? :D

The EhPro is a nice mod, especially for the money.

Here you can see it between a Provi and the JAC that Kat mentioned (which runs about $70 with a discount code). All three are in 18650 mode.

For me the JAC is tough to beat at $70. It's not quite as thin as a tube, but it's probably the thinnest regulated "box" on the market, and is very comfortable to hold and use. Throw in the DNA75 chip, and you've got a nice little mod.

There are also a ton of great options between the two prices, but most box mods will be more "box" than "tube".

Foods for thought, and hope the pic helps you out a little. :)

20170803_173101 (Medium).jpg

deryk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
reading through the post's I came across 100W GeekVape Aegis TC Box MOD I do like the idea of it's resilience. I am a pretty physical guy, with a physical job and I liked that quality about my Provari... Anyone have an opinion on the Aegis?

I am willing to spend around a $100 on a device. Any box mods that aren't too boxy and large but pretty solidly built? I usually make a leather sheath for my ecig's and wear it around my neck on a lanyard.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I'm not sure but I think someone here had a pretty bad experience with that mod. It's very new, so...

One VERY popular one is the Evic Primo Mini (or something like that), and it only runs maybe $30-40? Hang on...

@pufZeppelin - you're on, bud. Talk the talk for the good man. :D

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Ya know, I had a hard time leaving my tubes behind. Won a ton of boxes and passed them all along to friends, just couldn't get comfortable with 'em. Until I won a Pico. Sure there's no denying its a box but take a good look at those rounded ends. I swear when wrap My hand around one it feels like the mod was created just to be right there. Another plus is that even with a tank it's barely 2/3 the height of a tube with tank. Just somethin for you to consider?

Edit: Forgot to mention that it vapes wonderfully at 1.5Ω 13.5 watts. If I'm in the mood I can grab an old Zmax or SID outta the cabinet, swap the tank and never know the difference in the vape!

Attachments

• 2017-04-27_13.07.47.jpg
    2017-04-27_13.07.47.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Yay know, I had a hard time leaving my tubes behind. Won a ton of boxes and passed them all along to friends, just couldn't get comfortable with 'em. Until I won a Pico. Sure there's no denying its a box but take a good look at those rounded ends. I swear when wrap My hand around one it feels like the mod was created just to be right there. Another plus is that even with a tank it's barely 2/3 the height of a tube with tank. Just somethin for you to consider?

It's funny but I almost mentioned the exact same thing. EXCELLENT for, and less than $30 if you don't mind waiting a week or two for it. Light, small enough to fit into any pocket, and quite a nice vape.

:thumbs:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I think Mooch recently beat the carp out of the Aegis for testing purposes...

...and? How'd it fare?

I think someone here said the chip was... less than wonderful. NOT first hand experience, mind you.

There I go - spreading rumors. :facepalm:

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Is there a 12 step program for clearance page addicts?.........love it foggy.....sign me up:)
Yeah I got it bbaaadd! Just had a full kit with 20 coils delivered Monday. Don't even care about the mod but includes my fave tank and lifetime supply of CLR rebuildable coils $20. IStick 60watt delivered today another that is supposed feel wonderful in hand $13.99. My 4th Pico scheduled for delivery Monday $15. GOTTA STOP! But da deals keep findin me!:(;)

Last edited:

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Hello Folks!
I used to use a Provari 2.5 and loved it, after 2.5 years of use I figured it was time to upgrade to a newer model so last fall I got the P3. Hate it... I clean the contacts weekly, add new noalox like every other week and I am still constantly having to take the battery out and reinsert it to keep it working. The screen is black, so I have no clue what its set to. On my 3rd set of batteries thinking that was the problem...it is time for a new VV/Vw mod.
I vape on the cool side, I know its 1.7 ohms, no clue what the wattage is because its been a few months since I have been able to read the screen.
So I am looking for a new Mod. I like the style of the Provari (cylinder shape) I don't like the box style. Any suggestions for a pretty solid rugged mod that uses the 18650 batteries?
thanks in advance

some good prices - have to go have yourself a look (get yourself a P80 / Primo Mini / & K1 DNA 75) all (3) for appx $90
I just posted this pic elsewhere, figure this is another good spot... ;)

upload_2017-8-3_19-14-3.png
upload_2017-8-3_19-24-48.png
P80​
- Wismec

upload_2017-8-3_19-18-20.png
- AVAIL | Kanger K1 Box Mod

:thumb:

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Ya know, I had a hard time leaving my tubes behind. Won a ton of boxes and passed them all along to friends, just couldn't get comfortable with 'em. Until I won a Pico. Sure there's no denying its a box but take a good look at those rounded ends. I swear when wrap My hand around one it feels like the mod was created just to be right there. Another plus is that even with a tank it's barely 2/3 the height of a tube with tank. Just somethin for you to consider?

Edit: Forgot to mention that it vapes wonderfully at 1.5Ω 13.5 watts. If I'm in the mood I can grab an old Zmax or SID outta the cabinet, swap the tank and never know the difference in the vape!

With all the hullabaloooooooooo over the Pico, it was not one I considered.

BUT. However. Wait, there's more to this.

A truly dear ECF'er gifted us a couple of them, and now they are in constant rotation. Yes, it's a box mod, sort of. The diminutive size makes it kompletely hand komfy and the price, welp, it's in the range of uber affordable. It's definitely one I'd recommend, tho it is far from tubesque.

Just food fer.

But da deals keep findin me!

Would ya PLEASE tell them to lose my email, too??? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread