Status
Not open for further replies.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
This is the place to post technical issue, problems etc. Please keep in mind to keep it here instead of having it moved to the lounge, it will need to stay primarily on topic. If you'd like to just chat with other Reonauts, please come to the new Lounge :) located here: The Reonauts new lounge

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I got a few new to me doors in recently with a mini I picked up, and one of them had a magnet in backwards. Gave that corner of the door a good soak in some acetone to dissolve the super glue, and proceeded to slap it against a piece of wood, took about thirty good whacks but that magnet eventually jumped out. The piece of wood was the edge of my hobby computer table:facepalm: and now it's a little chewed up:laugh: ...the table that is, the door is fine.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I got a few new to me doors in recently with a mini I picked up, and one of them had a magnet in backwards. Gave that corner of the door a good soak in some acetone to dissolve the super glue, and proceeded to slap it against a piece of wood, took about thirty good whacks but that magnet eventually jumped out. The piece of wood was the edge of my hobby computer table:facepalm: and now it's a little chewed up:laugh: ...the table that is, the door is fine.

That's about the only way you can do it.
When I've had to reinstall magnets, a couple times, I mark them with just a dot with a Sharpie marker, to be sure I have the polarity right, before super gluing them in.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
It didn't take the paint off? or was it a TRA? How long did you soak it? I'd asked Rob about that, and he said it would remove the paint.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
It didn't take the paint off? or was it a TRA? How long did you soak it? I'd asked Rob about that, and he said it would remove the paint.
It was a TRA, but I did use a q-tip and kept dabbing the acetone onto the magnet area, with paint, you'd probably want to mask off the front of the door, or even go as far as to mask off everything but a small circle around the magnet.

Reactions: Kenna

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
It was a TRA, but I did use a q-tip and kept dabbing the acetone onto the magnet area, with paint, you'd probably want to mask off the front of the door, or even go as far as to mask off everything but a small circle around the magnet.
oh ok........thanks. Might give it a shot. A solder iron didn't work

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
oh ok........thanks. Might give it a shot. A solder iron didn't work
you really got to slap it pretty hard to dislodge them magnets. If I had to do it over again, i might just rubber band the door to a paint stirrer stick to get more force, but you don't want to bend it either, just a real sharp tap tap tap.

Reactions: Kenna

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
you really got to slap it pretty hard to dislodge them magnets. If I had to do it over again, i might just rubber band the door to a paint stirrer stick to get more force, but you don't want to bend it either, just a real sharp tap tap tap.
we were using a more powerful magnet which is what I'd heard Rob uses, but didn't work. Don't have access to the solder anymore. That was on the trip to Florida over a year ago. Don't really need the door right now, have another one, just don't like it as much. Will get it out eventually or will send it in when I finally send in another one that needs some work.

maybe silly...but I put a very slight bow in the door...no need for magnets anymore.
newp, not silly, lots of folks do that

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
Got my P67 today! Loving it!
4dc07e7cc903bf65e1a93a44c3fb6383.jpg

I'm sure it's been covered, but what is this piece and how do I keep it from rattling (if I can)
ba1d837c2c5a130ba752dfe246d5e97f.jpg

Thanks Reo friends!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I did not know that you could get a REO mod with a power button on the side..I've been to Rob's site many times but never seen the side buttons..............cool......I like side buttons........nice mod you have..................

Last edited:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
{{{{{{{Debadoo}}}}}}}
awwwwwwwww a purple hug! Love it! ((((((((((((dancin)))))))))

I did not know that you could get a REO mod with a power button on the side................cool......I like side buttons........nice mod you have..................
They've been out maybe a couple years. They are wonderful and just recently became in stock permanently on the website. (hint hint) :D

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
awwwwwwwww a purple hug! Love it! ((((((((((((dancin)))))))))

They've been out maybe a couple years. They are wonderful and just recently became in stock permanently on the website. (hint hint) :D
I have visited the Reo site a few times in the past but never noticed the side buttons.......maybe because I am looking at the Reo Grandes and not the P67 model.....I just see on the reo site that the P67 gives you side fire button but the Reo Grande is top fire.....

Last edited:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I have visited the Reo site a few times in the past but never noticed the side buttons.......maybe because I am looking at the Reo Grandes and not the P67 model.....I just see on the reo site that the P67 gives you side fire button but the Reo Grande is top fire.....
they haven't been on the site long. Before that they were just released when he got some done up and there were F5 wars to get one. Welcome to the thread. I'm guessin you don't have a Reo, but are interested in em. You're welcome to ask anything you like if you have questions. This thread doesn't get as much traffic as the lounge though, but you can use either one. Here's the lounge link
The Reonauts new lounge

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
they haven't been on the site long. Before that they were just released when he got some done up and there were F5 wars to get one. Welcome to the thread. I'm guessin you don't have a Reo, but are interested in em. You're welcome to ask anything you like if you have questions. This thread doesn't get as much traffic as the lounge though, but you can use either one. Here's the lounge link
The Reonauts new lounge
Thank you!.....for the welcome.......I have a million mods but no Reo Mod yet.........lol........

Last edited:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Thank you!............I have a million mods but no Reo Mod yet.........lol........
We can fix that for ya! :D But I warn ya, you'll have no more use for those other million ones once ya get a Reo. Both the grand and p67 are great. What type of attys do you like? mtl, lung hits? Do you build? Have you used mechs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread