Coolfire iv 18650 wont behave!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breezy Dawn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2015
Virginia
I have had this about 2 weeks and have not yet dropped it,yet! I put in my 18650 samsung inr batt and if i turn the battery cap to much it will not turn on. If i back up the cap enough for it to turn on,it wont sit flush/wobbles ,lol. NOW it just suddenly wont be on while im using it and i have to play with the battery cap/door. What in the world? My battery is a flat top and i have tried to look it up,all i see is 18650 but not flat top or button top? Should i be using the button top like AW or flat top like samsung?
Also i bought this from fasttech and i have a feeling this will not be an easy return if its messed up. Its is legit innokin but will they warranty it from fastech if it is broke?

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
A flat top is fine. Something wonky is definitely going on and I'd prepare the video in advance (as FT always seem to like videos on broken stuff) and get it replaced. I have the same model over a year and other than a new one after a really bad drop onto a stone floor it's been very reliable. Actually even after that drop it still worked just fine, but the bent c frame and resulting tilt to the 510/tank was disconcerting to me. But even with that much damage it still fired normally.

Breezy Dawn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2015
Virginia
A flat top is fine. Something wonky is definitely going on and I'd prepare the video in advance (as FT always seem to like videos on broken stuff) and get it replaced. I have the same model over a year and other than a new one after a really bad drop onto a stone floor it's been very reliable. Actually even after that drop it still worked just fine, but the bent c frame and resulting tilt to the 510/tank was disconcerting to me. But even with that much damage it still fired normally.
I left a warrenty form (?) with Innokin just now because i tried one time get a return from fasttech and it did not go well at all. Maybe it is known issue and Innokin will step up,though I have never tried it. If i leave the cap lose it does power up but it makes me pretty nervous,then when i started to just power off it just went on a shelf to sit...in time out,lol.
Thanks for some feedback and let me know how fasttech handles this for you please.

Reactions: Eskie

Breezy Dawn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2015
Virginia
I left a warrenty form (?) with Innokin just now because i tried one time get a return from fasttech and it did not go well at all. Maybe it is known issue and Innokin will step up,though I have never tried it. If i leave the cap lose it does power up but it makes me pretty nervous,then when i started to just power off it just went on a shelf to sit...in time out,lol.
Thanks for some feedback and let me know how fasttech handles this for you please.
I see i misread that about making a video. I should do that,thanks!

Reactions: Eskie

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA

My old Coolfire IV had a non-replaceable internal battery. I didn't know they had changed it to a replaceable battery. Cool. There were people pulling the battery cap and replacing it back when I vaped a Coolfire, but I thought it was permanently pressed into place..

Last edited:
Reactions: Breezy Dawn

Breezy Dawn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2015
Virginia
My old Coolfire IV had a non-replaceable internal battery. I didn't know they had changed it to a replaceable battery. Cool.
They did its called coolfire iv 18650. I love my first coolfire iv too. Lucky enough the battery door is now closing all the way. I have no idea,unless maybe the spring was stiff new? Im pretty happy with it now!

Reactions: DaveP

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
They did its called coolfire iv 18650. I love my first coolfire iv too. Lucky enough the battery door is now closing all the way. I have no idea,unless maybe the spring was stiff new? Im pretty happy with it now!

My Alien 220w and my Pico Dual 200w both have battery doors that you have to pull outward, press down, and slide in flush to the body once the battery is installed. Those were a little iffy until I got used to the motion required to get it to lock in place against the spring pressure. After a few times it was a natural movement.

Reactions: Breezy Dawn
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread