KR808-D1 batteries (vapor king)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBulla

Jun 18, 2010
Monmouth, IL USA
I'm having problems with 2 of my VK batteries, the same issue plagues both. Both are clean as a whistle, I've scraped them out with a thumbtack and even applied some rubbing alcohol on a q-tip to clean the threads and the inside of the battery. The problem is they don't seem to be making contact with either my chargers or my cartomizers. If I pull on just the batteries, they light up just fine, but as I said I get no vapor out of them, and I can't seem to charge them any further. Anyone have a possible solution or am I just SOL?

taylormomto6

Sep 15, 2010
California
i have the exact same problem.
i have batteries, that simply don't work.
i only have ONE battery that works at this moment in time.
kind of hard to be a dedicated e smoker, if i don't have the parts.

I'm in the same position. I've ordered a couple more, but I don't want to keep buying new batteries twice a month.

My manual is better, but still acts up sometimes.

Cindy T

KILLERkpd

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
East Coast
Are the batteries not taking a charge? Are they blinking when you screw them into the charger?? I had an issues with my batts, one would charge after I messed around with it for about 15 minutes, and the other batt would not do anything.

What I eneded up doing is taking the screw out of the USB part only, very gently screwing the batt back in and trying to charge that way, it worked perfectly, I then just screweed teh cover back on that I had removed. There were a few times that I had to repeat this process but it worked.

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
You might try running a piece of fine sand paper or an emery board lightly over the thread sides and top. They did have some problems with burring at one time and the batteries weren't making proper connection. If that doesn't work I'd contact them for return and ask them to test anything they send out as replacement.

taylormomto6

Sep 15, 2010
California
Are the batteries not taking a charge? Are they blinking when you screw them into the charger?? I had an issues with my batts, one would charge after I messed around with it for about 15 minutes, and the other batt would not do anything.

What I eneded up doing is taking the screw out of the USB part only, very gently screwing the batt back in and trying to charge that way, it worked perfectly, I then just screweed teh cover back on that I had removed. There were a few times that I had to repeat this process but it worked.

I have one that is just dead, no blinking, no nothing and one that will work for a drag or 2 if I tap it on the counter or get something sharp and lift from the little hole where the cartomizer connects. This one is clearly not getting a good connection.I've already sent one back, this is the replacement. It worked great for a few days before it starting acting up. The 2 I sent back to VK are apparently not going to be replaced.Cindy T

Goldenkobold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Florida

thanks for this, my (only) battery was acting funny and only charging for a few seconds before showing as charged....this seems to have fixed the problem

BillyP

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2010
Eugene

SmokingBullet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2010
Southern Utal
I'm having problems with 2 of my VK batteries, the same issue plagues both. Both are clean as a whistle, I've scraped them out with a thumbtack and even applied some rubbing alcohol on a q-tip to clean the threads and the inside of the battery. The problem is they don't seem to be making contact with either my chargers or my cartomizers. If I pull on just the batteries, they light up just fine, but as I said I get no vapor out of them, and I can't seem to charge them any further. Anyone have a possible solution or am I just SOL?
The first PT I had from V4L, just up and stopped working on day, about 38 to 40's into it. The replaced that on. The 2nd one I had which I ordered; also a PT, is now 30 days old. The button sticks and won't come back up which I'd think can be hazardous.
Reading these threads, I'd think V4L would work on improving battery life rather than worrying about how pretty they look.

TheLexicana

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2010
Cincinnati, OH
Seconding the part about pulling up the center post on the battery. As long as the carto is screwing all the way down, this will almost definitely fix your problem. Just take something narrow (a thumbtack, or pointy tweezers), poke it into the hole in the battery post (if it's an auto) or into the well around the center post (if it's a manual), and wiggle it up just a little.

TheBulla

Jun 18, 2010
Monmouth, IL USA
I know this is an old post, and sorry for trudging it up, but I thought I had solved the problem when I was noticing one of my batteries was only working with certain cartos, and I came up with the center post fix all on my own, however it hasn't fixed the original batteries I had. They still won't charge or vape, but they light up when you drag on them. They're way out of warranty now though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread