All Things about the Eleaf iCare & iCare Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I searched and didn't find a thread about the iCare or iCare mini, so I figured I would start a thread for questions and answers about them. Mine is on the way from FT, but is on a slow boat. :(

If you already have one please give us your thoughts on how it works.

I have a few questions right off the bat. :)

1. How is the battery life? Does it last the whole tank?
2. How is the Flavor of the juice? Some devices work better than others for flavor.
3. How easy is it to clean and change flavors?
4. Have you found a good source for replacement coils?
5. Has anyone tried to rebuild/clean the coils?

Lets get the chat going. :D

iCare - Eleaf electronic cigarette
Do you really wanna know about my experience with the IC Mini? Not good.

While I loved its compact size and its feature of being able to recharge it in a dock and the battery rarely died, that's about the only good things about it. I gave up and went back to a vaping pen.

1. It leaks juice! I owned not one, but two from two different suppliers. BOTH leaked juice everywhere- in my hand, on the table, in the charging dock-everywhere!
2. The mouthpiece is used to lock/unlock the chamber to put the juice in. After awhile this plastic mouthpiece where you place over the chamber will strip down. Similar to the IC Mini is the Vapor Shark Minnow- at least it has a metal tool in the mouthpiece to open the chamber- it won't strip down. AND- it comes with 3 different types off mouth pieces. I'm going to buy the Shark Minnow and try it out mainly because I DID love the compact size of the iCare Mini. However, it doesn't appear there is a charging stand with the Minnow. No biggie really. It also looks to have a better fill line than the iCare.
3.It is VERY hard to see where you're filling up the iCare Mini at; sure you can see the line when looking directly at the tank, but you really have to hold it up to a light to see when you're getting to that line with juice when filling it up.
4.When the battery does die- you're toast until it is charged back above 10%. You can't even vape with it docked or plugged in if you're totally dead.
5.Cleaning is somewhat easy- I took the chamber out, used a Q-tip soaked in rubbing alcohol and cleaned the chamber. Make sure you clean the mouthpiece too- it can get gunked up really quickly.
6.Atomizers. While they're relatively cheap, they burn up fast. The longest I ever had one last was 3 weeks. The shortest- 2 days! Now, I'm really good about cleaning and reusing atomizers, especially between flavor changes. A 5 pack I've found as cheap locally as 8.99. On the net, I've found a 5 pack for 5.99 but it's coming from BFE China. No thanks, I'll keep my dollars here at home as much as I can, thank you very much. Cleaning the coils- no biggie- just soak in BOILING HOT water for 15 minutes and either air dry for 24 hours or lay them in front of a heat register while you're heating the house. Blow dryers- not a good idea, not if you want to blow your coil up.
7.On a final note, IF you purchased directly from an eLeaf supplier, you have a 90 day warranty. If you purchased off of eBay, you have 30 day buy protection plan. If you purchased elsewhere, you're left to deal with that seller, eLeaf won't honor their 90 days if you purchased anywhere else other than them.

I've posted two pics- one of the iCare Mini, one of the Vapor Shark Minnow- the "tool" to unlock the chamber is in the center, look at the difference between the two.

Attachments

• icmini.jpg
    icmini.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 101
  • vsminnow.jpg
    vsminnow.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 120

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
It leaks juice! I owned not one, but two from two different suppliers. BOTH leaked juice everywhere- in my hand, on the table, in the charging dock-everywhere!
This is why I quit using mine. I won't use any device where I get juice in the mouth, I want to vape it, Not drink it. :facepalm:

Thanks for your input @Mel Durham :)

Kalifas

Jul 10, 2017
Chicago
Anyone here tired the myMini from myVapors? It is the iCare, but with a drip tip-style mouthpiece, and a chimney that unscrews out WITH the tip. Same coils. Overall unit price is about ~$10 more.

So I'm not sure if anyone is still wondering about this device, but I got it this weekend ($15 at VaporDNA). Keep in mind I've only tried refillable cartridges with cigalikes and this was my first "device." My thoughts...

It's a really good looking device. Well made, seems more durable than the iCare, and easier to fill. I haven't had any wicking issues, even when I tried straight VG in it. Nice hits, and good amount of vapor. Not having issues with spitback. It happened a couple times but because of the way the driptip is made, I didn't get any in my mouth. I had no issues with leaking.

But there's definitely cons... I'm really not liking the flavor of anything in it. Honestly, the straight VG tasted better than the 3 juices I tried in it. You do have to pull a little hard to get a hit. Adjusting the airflow so it's fully open helps. What helps even more is covering part of the drip tip opening with your thumb.

So I'd pretty much only recommend it if someone doesn't care about flavor. Gives really good clouds for such a tiny thing. Although, now I'm wondering if I could better taste my juice with it and actually don't like the flavor afterall. But it's doubtful... how can one screw up caramel? ;) Hope this is helpful.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
My wife has a bunch of these and they are all working great. No leaks either. If yours leaks you might have a cracked tank or you are over-filling it. They are made of glass. She dropped one and the tank cracked but I was able to fix it and it still is working great. These are almost 1 year old and are still working great too.

Reactions: gnees
My wife has a bunch of these and they are all working great. No leaks either. If yours leaks you might have a cracked tank or you are over-filling it. They are made of glass. She dropped one and the tank cracked but I was able to fix it and it still is working great. These are almost 1 year old and are still working great too.
No there was no cracked tank, and no I didn't overfill it. If anything, it was underfilled, below the fill line- especially with them leaking while parked in the charging dock. I would pick it up out of the dock and there's fluid down the sides of the mode, and in the bottom of the charging dock. Yes, I know it's made of glass. If there's a crack, I never saw it. It would've had to have been on the inside away from the window. It would have to have come that way from the factory. I'm very ginger with my equipment. I don't throw it around, I diligently take care of my equipment. Anyhow, it doesn't really matter anymore. I got rid of them- I can not and will not tolerate eliquid all over myself, my vape, or my desk or end table. I've since moved on.

I now have a Joyetech Ocular Touch Screen Mod w/a COV Phoenix tank. The ceramic coil is the best thing since sliced bread and I love that I can put music, pics, and wallpapers on my mod. I also have an RDA. Life is good.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
No there was no cracked tank, and no I didn't overfill it. If anything, it was underfilled, below the fill line- especially with them leaking while parked in the charging dock. I would pick it up out of the dock and there's fluid down the sides of the mode, and in the bottom of the charging dock. Yes, I know it's made of glass. If there's a crack, I never saw it. It would've had to have been on the inside away from the window. It would have to have come that way from the factory. I'm very ginger with my equipment. I don't throw it around, I diligently take care of my equipment. Anyhow, it doesn't really matter anymore. I got rid of them- I can not and will not tolerate eliquid all over myself, my vape, or my desk or end table. I've since moved on.

I now have a Joyetech Ocular Touch Screen Mod w/a COV Phoenix tank. The ceramic coil is the best thing since sliced bread and I love that I can put music, pics, and wallpapers on my mod. I also have an RDA. Life is good.
WoW! you went from the lightest mod to the Heaviest. LoL... I have the Ocular C also. I have my favorite songs and pics in mine. But man is it heavy compared to all my other mods

WoW! you went from the lightest mod to the Heaviest. LoL... I have the Ocular C also. I have my favorite songs and pics in mine. But man is it heavy compared to all my other mods
I like it because I can adjust the air and wattage, besides the ceramic coil is easy to clean. Haven't had to worry about changing coils for 3 months now.

Mohdj

Sep 2, 2017
Hi dears .

i see all of you talking about the icare mini so i hope get solution for my icare !

i just buy it new one from ebay , and i was so happy when finally coming for me ..

but after charge it and put the coil & juice it's not firing !! soo sad ,

i try whit the second coil same issue , not working not firing

i was think maybe battery problem but it's full charge and showing green light there !

so what i can do with that ? i send email for the saller now second day waiting the reply but nothing send back ..

anyone can help me with this because it's make me crazy and really wanna use it :(

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Hi dears .

i see all of you talking about the icare mini so i hope get solution for my icare !

i just buy it new one from ebay , and i was so happy when finally coming for me ..

but after charge it and put the coil & juice it's not firing !! soo sad ,

i try whit the second coil same issue , not working not firing

i was think maybe battery problem but it's full charge and showing green light there !

so what i can do with that ? i send email for the saller now second day waiting the reply but nothing send back ..

anyone can help me with this because it's make me crazy and really wanna use it :(
How hard are you puffing on it? Maybe try to tighten the air control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread