Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapor Pete

The Vapor Pope
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
Rochester, NY
Hey all,
Im thinking it might be more cost effective to start refilling dead VK carts with Vapor4Lifes juice, but I know there was some issues with the carts having the hard plastic tips, rather than the rubber tips. So has anyone mastered a techneque to refill without obliterating the carts? If so, are there any tutorials/videos demonstrating how to do it that a specific to the Vapor king?
My best,
-VP

cosican

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
CHAPEL HILL NC
Hey all,
Im thinking it might be more cost effective to start refilling dead carts with Vapor4Lifes juice, but I know there was some issues wth the carts having the hard plastic tips, rather than the rubber tips. So has anyone mastered a techneque to refill with obliterating the carts? If so, are there any tutorials/videos demonstrating how to do it that a specific to the Vapor king?
My best,
-VP

You are a smart person and I am not
I refill my VK with 2 different methods

first, you can drip directly into the atomizer from the battery side, 2 to 3 drips, let it settle, dry off the bottom, wait a few secs and you are good to go
2nd take white plastic tip off, with a bent tweezer?? then remove the rubber ring, drip around the hole, slowly and carefully, wait
put the rubber ring back on, with a blunt end of a pen or something creative, snap back the white tip and bingo

Vapor Pete

The Vapor Pope
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
Rochester, NY
You are a smart person and I am not
I refill my VK with 2 different methods

first, you can drip directly into the atomizer from the battery side, 2 to 3 drips, let it settle, dry off the bottom, wait a few secs and you are good to go
2nd take white plastic tip off, with a bent tweezer?? then remove the rubber ring, drip around the hole, slowly and carefully, wait
put the rubber ring back on, with a blunt end of a pen or something creative, snap back the white tip and bingo

Hahaha! Why am I smart and you are not???!!:confused::D
Anyway, thanks for the info. It was the whole "taking off the plastic tip" that I heard can result in mangled carts, so I was wondering if someone had come up with a "science" to remove the tip. Aside from that, of the two methods you have described, which do you find to be the better overall?
My best,
-VP

Dawnfox

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
KC, MO
There are pictures in a thread somewhere of a VK cart being refilled. The person who posted them used the thing that comes with a nutcracker to pick the nut out of the shell, for taking the hard cover off. I use a bobby pin to pop mine off, but sometimes end up making the hole in the cover a bit bigger that way. Someone else said they leave the white cover off and put an empty mouthpiece from another (901?) e-cig on it, and yet another person pokes a hole in one of the little clear plastic covers that come on the carts and uses that instead of replacing the white cover. The thread may be in this forum...

Vapor Pete

The Vapor Pope
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
Rochester, NY
There are pictures in a thread somewhere of a VK cart being refilled. The person who posted them used the thing that comes with a nutcracker to pick the nut out of the shell, for taking the hard cover off. I use a bobby pin to pop mine off, but sometimes end up making the hole in the cover a bit bigger that way. Someone else said they leave the white cover off and put an empty mouthpiece from another (901?) e-cig on it, and yet another person pokes a hole in one of the little clear plastic covers that come on the carts and uses that instead of replacing the white cover. The thread may be in this forum...

Thanks Dawn,
Even Steve has told me that there are tutorials on the ECF about how to refill his VK carts. Havent had any luck in finding them. As Im writing this, it leads me to another question, say I have an dried up Mint cart, I refill it with Coffee (how ever I decide to refill ..lol), is it going to taste like crap then???? I've heard it is a problem unless you use the same flavor juice? Ughh........... sooooo mannnyyy possibiltieeeeeessss!!! :-x I gotta figure something out fast though, Im burning through carts faster than expected and soon to be running out!!!8-o
My best,
-VP

SMILIN

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2008
CHITOWN USA
www.vapor4life.com
Thanks Dawn,
Even Steve has told me that there are tutorials on the ECF about how to refill his VK carts. Havent had any luck in finding them. As Im writing this, it leads me to another question, say I have an dried up Mint cart, I refill it with Coffee (how ever I decide to refill ..lol), is it going to taste like crap then???? I've heard it is a problem unless you use the same flavor juice? Ughh........... sooooo mannnyyy possibiltieeeeeessss!!! :-x I gotta figure something out fast though, Im burning through carts faster than expected and soon to be running out!!!8-o
My best,
-VP

Best way is drip into battery end, hole in middle suck the juice in.....about 15-20 drops in dry atomizer, dab, with napkin, let sit for 20-30 minutes, walla, good as new. I have had no prob, mixing flavors.

Enjoy

vape-on

Steve:cool:

ichaya

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2009
Central Pennsylvania
I am new to all of this, but I have found a method that works.

FIRST, you have to make a "special tool".
I took a piece of heavy gauge wire (Same size as the hole in the cartridge).
Bend about the last 1/4 inch at a right angle.

OK, insert your new tool into the mouth piece, and turn it so that you can now pull on it.

Pull firmly but steadily. (Watch out if you pull too hard, the second cap might shoot across the room).

This should let you lift out the mouthpiece without damaging the cartridge walls.

OK, now you have the filler material exposed, you can either use a syringe, or drip in the amount you would like.

Now you just pop the plastic fillers back in, and you are done.

ichaya

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2009
Central Pennsylvania
You mentioned that you are using a syringe.

Where did you get the syringe from?

We live in PA, possibly one of the most restrictive in the US for buying a syringe.

In PA you are required to have a prescription to legally buy a syringe.
Here's the weird parts: That rule ONLY applies to a syringe to use for a human.

A farmer can buy a limited supply at a place that sells animal medications. (The syringe, and the medication are exempt from the prescription rule!)

I have ordered syringes for "refilling ink cartridges" from e-bay at a pretty good price. (new ones of course, do NOT want to try and smoke ink! YUCK)

I guess since the needles are dull they are exempt?

Anyway, thanks PA for your bizarre laws.

if u are using a syringe about how much do you think for a proper fill?

Peaches

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoney
if u are using a syringe about how much do you think for a proper fill?

Some folks say 15 to 20 drops (20 drops = 1 ML) Have heard that various cartomizers can hold 2 ML (40 drops) but I'm not sure if this applies to the VK cartomizers. It also depends on how dry your cartomizer is when you refill it. I would start with 15 drops if it is pretty dry since you can always add more without wasting any of the liquid by overfilling/overflowing.

RsL

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2009
Minneapolis
You mentioned that you are using a syringe.

Where did you get the syringe from?

We live in PA, possibly one of the most restrictive in the US for buying a syringe.

In PA you are required to have a prescription to legally buy a syringe.
Here's the weird parts: That rule ONLY applies to a syringe to use for a human.

A farmer can buy a limited supply at a place that sells animal medications. (The syringe, and the medication are exempt from the prescription rule!)

I have ordered syringes for "refilling ink cartridges" from e-bay at a pretty good price. (new ones of course, do NOT want to try and smoke ink! YUCK)

I guess since the needles are dull they are exempt?

Anyway, thanks PA for your bizarre laws.

You can buy syringes from juicyliquid (dot) com

sharked

Apr 1, 2009
Best way is drip into battery end, hole in middle suck the juice in.....

Can you elaborate on how this is done? Do you actually suck it in with your mouth or do you use some kind of eyedropper like tool? Any worries that you may suck it through into your mouth?
Thanks for being so open about this Steve! I know you could easily be all hush hush about how to refill these to boost your cartridge sales. Your transparency is refreshing as this mint carts I just got. :)

gings

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2009
California
Can you elaborate on how this is done? Do you actually suck it in with your mouth or do you use some kind of eyedropper like tool? Any worries that you may suck it through into your mouth?
Thanks for being so open about this Steve! I know you could easily be all hush hush about how to refill these to boost your cartridge sales. Your transparency is refreshing as this mint carts I just got. :)

When I use this method, I simply use the dropper bottle that the juice comes in. After dropping 4 to 6 drops of juice into the battery end, I turn the atomizer on its side and roll it back and forward with my finger to help with distribute the liquid. The liquid dissappears into the atomizer within seconds! Because you'll only get liquid in your mouth if you overfill the atomizer, the amount of your refill will depend on how dry (or empty) your atomizer is to start with. It's a trial and error thing.

ichaya

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2009
Central Pennsylvania
I see some people talk on various sites about "sqeezing out" old catridges.

Couple of questions if anyone can answer them.

1 - WHY? Is this a way to clear all juice of out a cart, and maybe have a "cleaner" old cart (free of mixed flavors)?

2 - How would you do that?
The only way I could think of is to open up the cart, and remove the filler material.
Then use a heavy syringe to squeeze it out.

Would this cause other issues?
Like squished filler material, and how do you get the material back in correctly?

Sorry for some of these, but still learning.

cosican

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
CHAPEL HILL NC
I see some people talk on various sites about "sqeezing out" old catridges.

Couple of questions if anyone can answer them.

1 - WHY? Is this a way to clear all juice of out a cart, and maybe have a "cleaner" old cart (free of mixed flavors)?

2 - How would you do that?
The only way I could think of is to open up the cart, and remove the filler material.
Then use a heavy syringe to squeeze it out.

Would this cause other issues?
Like squished filler material, and how do you get the material back in correctly?

Sorry for some of these, but still learning.

You dont have to be afraid of the juice, that amount will not kill you if you touch a little
Take the old filler out of the cart, tweezers, paperclip??
and put it on a piece of paper towel or napkin and fold over the PT or napkin and it gets all soaked up, real easy,

Some people clean it under water and let dry I use most of the same juices, so it does not matter to me
I rarely re use the filler, there are SO many alternatives you can find on this site to try something else as filler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread