Status
Not open for further replies.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
My Chalice Days were within a very short time period. While they earn the title of tootle puffer heaven to many folks, unfortunately as a dedicated DLH vaper the Chalice II and III atty's were barely used before they and their Reos (some bought specifically for them) were delegated to the out of service stash a long time ago. I'm not sure now that all three of the Mini 2.1's were even used at all. A bad case of Reo Fever struck... again. :rolleyes:
:)

7cs.jpg

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
The III was always a refined vape for me, but I needed to use a very strong juice flavour to be satisfied. The limited draw I can live with when using something with, say, menthol or coolada in it. Definitely a first-thing-in-the-morning vape for me.

Darn near dropped a spring thanks to it's propensity to create shorts (screw top wire connects with little room for tails - that cap is soooo close).

One of the best machined atties I've ever owned, too.

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut
I've always wondered. When you build a coil for your chalice is it dead center between the posts or angled to one side? How does everyone's inner air hole line up with their coil? For example my coil is always dead center between the posts (equal space on both sides) Now the best way I can describe until I take a picture; so imagine a clock over the deck with the air hole in front of you. My coil is at 12 o clock and the inner air hole lines up at about 1 o clock. Anyone else's air hole not line up centered with the coil?

Reactions: kas122461

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut
@Vapefiend I know on the clones at least, you can knock out the internal part with the air hole, with a suitably sized rod, gentle taps through each of the three holes in turn and it pops out. Then you can line it up how you want to and tap it back into place.
Mine is authentic from reos.

Reactions: Rossum

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I've always wondered. When you build a coil for your chalice is it dead center between the posts or angled to one side? How does everyone's inner air hole line up with their coil? For example my coil is always dead center between the posts (equal space on both sides) Now the best way I can describe until I take a picture; so imagine a clock over the deck with the air hole in front of you. My coil is at 12 o clock and the inner air hole lines up at about 1 o clock. Anyone else's air hole not line up centered with the coil?

I have always built my coils off to one side in the little open area, I never tried to build one between the posts before, it just looked to close to me. The flavor was better then the previous atty's I had used, so I just kept building them like that. My coils on these seems to last a long time, but the next time I need to build a coil, I guess I will try it. I guess I never really worried where the air was coming in from and hitting the coil. Sorry I am not much help. :blush:

KAS

Joules_Verne

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2013
SW France
Way back when, I got a Chalice 3 clone and it was widely reported that the internal air-flow holes were randomly placed, so took the top off and marked the base for the centre point opposite the posts. Then replaced the top and marked on the outside of the top with a (non-permanent) sharpie to line up with the mark on the base, removed the top again then tap-tap-tapped the inner sleeve out and re-inserted so the inside air-hole lined up with the mark I made and then it vaped fine. Ultimately the vaping style didn't suit so I "did a Spydro" and relegated it to the 'spares' box !
BTW, been having so much fun lately what with catching up on REO forum re-opening posts that I missed out on celebrating my 4th vaperversary on 24August :thumbs: :rickroll:but maybe that's for the best since alcohol is forbidden these days :( (medication, not my choice)

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Way back when, I got a Chalice 3 clone and it was widely reported that the internal air-flow holes were randomly placed, so took the top off and marked the base for the centre point opposite the posts. Then replaced the top and marked on the outside of the top with a (non-permanent) sharpie to line up with the mark on the base, removed the top again then tap-tap-tapped the inner sleeve out and re-inserted so the inside air-hole lined up with the mark I made and then it vaped fine. Ultimately the vaping style didn't suit so I "did a Spydro" and relegated it to the 'spares' box !
BTW, been having so much fun lately what with catching up on REO forum re-opening posts that I missed out on celebrating my 4th vaperversary on 24August :thumbs: :rickroll:but maybe that's for the best since alcohol is forbidden these days :( (medication, not my choice)
Happy 4th Vaperversary! Yay! Yes, isn't it nice having the forum back. It's good to see folks we haven't heard from in awhile.
Jan

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
It has been a while sense I had tried to build a new coil for one of these. I did one last night, and tried to go between the posts, and that was just a PIA. I went back to my old way of building them, and ruined 2 coils in the process. Once I got it done, I was Vaping my Orange Thing again. :)

I don't think I will try the between the posts build again, I am using a 3/32" drill bit to build on and it is just too close to the posts for me. :?:

KAS

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
It has been a while sense I had tried to build a new coil for one of these. I did one last night, and tried to go between the posts, and that was just a PIA. I went back to my old way of building them, and ruined 2 coils in the process. Once I got it done, I was Vaping my Orange Thing again. :)

I don't think I will try the between the posts build again, I am using a 3/32" drill bit to build on and it is just too close to the posts for me. :?:

KAS

You might try a vertical build in it (would allow for a larger coil).

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut

KAS
Can you post a picture of your build/wick?

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Can you post a picture of your build/wick?

Well I swear that when I look it this with my eyes, It doesn't look this dirty. :oops: I would have preferred the coil to be a bit straighter than this, but I was starting to get frustrated.:|

IM7R79J.jpg

cSgCy9E.jpg

I think that is the first time, I have tried a close up shot like that, so I guess this is telling me that I need to clean them.:oops:

KAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread