Still smoking support and chat thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

loxmythe

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2010
pa
If you're going to smoke a few consider switching to roll your own using pipe tobacco. It doesn't have the additives that cigarettes have to keep you hooked and make you crave more and the tubes aren't "fire safe" so no extra chemicals (carpet glue Google it) that aren't in any way good.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
If you're going to smoke a few consider switching to roll your own using pipe tobacco. It doesn't have the additives that cigarettes have to keep you hooked and make you crave more and the tubes aren't "fire safe" so no extra chemicals (carpet glue Google it) that aren't in any way good.
Oh my goodness this must be what helped me. I had been hand rolling for over a year until I quit a couple weeks ago. Using 'pipe tobacco' that I thought was just labeled as such to beat the cigarette taxes. It certainly wasn't a typical pipe tobacco "cut".

Last edited:

Thayamax

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Southeast Michigan

That's exactly what I was using for the last several years that I was smoking. The problem was I was laid off for the last two years and I was chain smoking them up to 4 pad since I had nothing to do and nowhere to go.

tgs3

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2017
Brooklyn, NY

Thayamax

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Southeast Michigan

medleypat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2016
Frankfort Indiana
Hi, @medleypat , welcome to the thread. You'll find that every person here is, or has been where you are. For some people it's much harder than for others. I've heard many people say that it's much harder to quit the second time than it was the first.

Did something happen that caused you to pick up the smokes again, or is your equipment just not doing it for you anymore?

medleypat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2016
Frankfort Indiana
Hi, @medleypat , welcome to the thread. You'll find that every person here is, or has been where you are. For some people it's much harder than for others. I've heard many people say that it's much harder to quit the second time than it was the first.

Did something happen that caused you to pick up the smokes again, or is your equipment just not doing it for you anymore?
Not sure if its equipment or juice going to mix some new juice tomorrow going to take my pg up to 70% and see if that's it

Thayamax

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Southeast Michigan
Not sure if its equipment or juice going to mix some new juice tomorrow going to take my pg up to 70% and see if that's it

When I first started ecigs I used 70% PG. You probably need the extra kick that the higher PG gives you. I'm now doing 70% VG, but I've also changed from MTL to DL inhales and lowered my nic from 24mg to 3mg. If I tried to vape that combo now I'd probably choke to death. :eek:

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
So, ok I still haven't picked up another smoke. Hasn't been a major problem but if I hadn't tossed my tobacco I may have had one a couple days ago. What I find even more amazing is the fact that I haven't ordered anything vape related for over 2 months!!! :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock: Having MAJOR withdrawals with that! :lol:

Thayamax

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Southeast Michigan
Congrats on fighting off that urge to smoke. It definitely becomes easier the longer you vape. On the other hand, shinyitis tends to become worse over time. I had a bad case of it until I stocked up before the August deadline for new products last year. I'm still wondering what became of that since I'm still seeing new stuff coming out constantly. I still haven't bought anything new since last year, but I don't know how much longer I'm going to be able to last. o_O

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Oh I have no problem resisting the glitzy new stuff AT ALL. My problem is that almost any mod on the clearance pages is capable of powering my vape. And there are Soooo many fantastic deals available out there today. Almost ordered an Evic VTC mini 75 watt with Tron S kit yesterday for $14.99. But I've already got one still in the box! I'm a sucker for any tank that accepts Joyetechs CLR coils. Just have to remind myself that 8 is enuf! :rolleyes: I've purposely kept my vape in a range that any mod I have can power my tanks including my old VV/VW tubes. That's something like 2 dozen mods. I don't need anything. I don't need anything. I don't need anything. I don't need anything. Have to keep telling myself, no matter how great the deal....I don't need anything. I don't need anything. I don't need anything. I don't need anything!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thayamax

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Southeast Michigan
I keep telling myself the same thing. I have the opposite problem. I wind my own coils so I'm attracted to tanks that don't use premade coils. Mods are my downfall. I love mods that are different from all the common ones. If they have something that's quirky.....I want it! So far I've been able to control myself because...I don't need anything! That should be the war cry for all shinyitis sufferers. :headbang:

Sir Kadly

Tootle Wompin' Squonkaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    I had a bad case of it until I stocked up before the August deadline for new products last year. I'm still wondering what became of that since I'm still seeing new stuff coming out constantly.
    The FDA has delayed all the regs by a couple more years (don't remember the exact time frame but at least a couple years), and is talking as if they want to push vaping as an alternative to smoking. Generally positive news coming from the FDA in recent months.

On another note, still not doing as well as I'd like with the cutting back on my smokes thing. Maybe I do need to try the roll my own cigs approach after all. Simply trying to make it difficult to get to them is not working for me.

tgs3

ECF Veteran
    Aug 3, 2017
    Brooklyn, NY
    Checking in to say that I have gone over one month on 9/10 cigarettes a day - which means that for the last month I have not smoked 15/20 more cigarettes a day. I have smoked for over forty years. This is because of vaping. Yesterday, I suddenly realized that I feel better - physically and psychologically. I am now back at work and my goal for the rest of the month is to cut down by two more by Oct. 1.

Really glad I found this community and found vaping.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread