Status
Not open for further replies.

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
I cleaned everything off and still no luck. That baby just won't fire.

Thanks everyone for the help!!

So the positive contact pin is making contact to the striker plate when you press the button??

You did say the button was very hard to press.

Reactions: Kenna

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I cleaned everything off and still no luck. That baby just won't fire.

Thanks everyone for the help!!

Got me stumped. I have no idea. It's a pretty simple device, which just needs electrical continuity between + and -, as is true with any mechanical mod.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
If its not the grub in the 510 thats not making contact then it is a loose 510 on the inside of the device. Probably needs a spa day to get it sorted though...

@olefolks Did you raise the 510 grub to where the atty wouldn't set flush with the top of the device and try firing it? The reason I suggest that is that way you definitely can rule out the grub connection completely...

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
If its not the grub in the 510 thats not making contact then it is a loose 510 on the inside of the device. Probably needs a spa day to get it sorted though...

@olefolks Did you raise the 510 grub to where the atty wouldn't set flush with the top of the device and try firing it? The reason I suggest that is that way you definitely can rule out the grub connection completely...

He did test the 510 with a multimeter and shows no connection.. as in he fired it and no juice.

olefolks

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
Lewisville, TX, USA

@olefolks Did you raise the 510 grub to where the atty wouldn't set flush with the top of the device and try firing it? The reason I suggest that is that way you definitely can rule out the grub connection completely...[/QUOTE

None of my attys fit flush with the P67 anyway. I actually took the 510 grub out and put it back in (which wasn't easy). Thanks Music!!

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Isn't there some screw on the side of the contact or striker plate? Could that be the issue? Again I don't own a p67. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Yes the button positive contact screws to the inside of the insert. I mentioned that being loose first long ago.. the striker plate is held tight from tightening the 510 nipple.

Eric Parlin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Still haven't heard from Eric. He is probably busier than a one armed paper hanger with the hives.

Ok- I'm back in the office after having a decent Labor Day Weekend. I think most of the suggestions here were spot-on. If you aren't seeing any power to the 510, please send it back to me. I'll tear it apart and replace one item at a time until I find the culprit. Then, I'll post back out here what I found and we can use that as a trouble-shooting tip for any future issues.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Welp, it's good to have a parts bin when you are a REOnaut...I've been vapin and tinkerin with these mods for over three years now, and just a few minutes ago discovered what it's like to drop a hot spring :facepalm::oops: Grabbed the wrong drip tip and shorted out my SXK Hadaly on my 2015 Woodie. My first indication something was wrong was the smell :lol:

Last edited:

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Welp, it's good to have a parts bin when you are a REOnaut...I've been vapin and tinkerin with these mods for over three years now, and just a few minutes ago discovered what it's like to drop a hot spring :facepalm::oops: Grabbed the wrong drip tip and shorted out my SXK Hadaly on my 2015 Woodie. My first indication something was wrong was the smell :lol:
Oh bummer! Haven't dropped a spring......yet..... Luckily Reo's have a "safety switch" built in, aka the spring.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Oh bummer! Haven't dropped a spring......yet..... Luckily Reo's have a "safety switch" built in, aka the spring.
Knock on wood Robinowitz, I have a few spares so it really wasn't a problem, and seeing that spring collapse into itself was a reassurance to me, and made me say thanks to the genius of the design of these great mods :)

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I dropped one when building a Chalice III (user error, for sure). I felt the same way when I realized what happened. Thank God for the original thought and design. Spare parts are a wise investment for sure.

Knock on wood Robinowitz, I have a few spares so it really wasn't a problem, and seeing that spring collapse into itself was a reassurance to me, and made me say thanks to the genius of the design of these great mods :)

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I don't drop hot springs. But I guess the only weak link to my Reos being good for "lifetimes" is the number of hot springs I have for them. However I have plenty of 'extras' that can be taken out of unused Reos to use in others.

Reminds me of my very early Reo days when the fuse mod for the Reos was the rave. Was suckered into buying the stuff for 50 of them, but never actually used any in my Reos.

Attachments

• reofusemod.jpg
    reofusemod.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 50

olefolks

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
Lewisville, TX, USA
Ok- I'm back in the office after having a decent Labor Day Weekend. I think most of the suggestions here were spot-on. If you aren't seeing any power to the 510, please send it back to me. I'll tear it apart and replace one item at a time until I find the culprit. Then, I'll post back out here what I found and we can use that as a trouble-shooting tip for any future issues.

Glad you had a good week-end. It will be in the mail tomorrow and thanks!

bushmaster

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
Colville, WA
I had problems navigating through the labyrinth of magnets at K&J Magnetics. I finally ordered 5 1/4" x 1/16" and 5 1/4" x 1/32". The order arrived today and the 1/4" x 1/32" is perfect for my LG H2 battery. The 1/16" magnets work great but .......well, they work just as good with an even shorter throw. I'll have to practice with both awhile longer to make an educated guess which is better on my Grand. One thing I do know--sure are strong little buggers. Awfully hard to pull one off of a stack of five. Don't trim your fingernails.:)

Furthermore, when buying two sets, they come in separate zip-locs as you would expect. Don't let them get near one another or they'll be stuck together like two dogs in a back alley. Strong enough that they'll rip through the plastic. Just sayin...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread