Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut
Well I swear that when I look it this with my eyes, It doesn't look this dirty. :oops: I would have preferred the coil to be a bit straighter than this, but I was starting to get frustrated.:|

IM7R79J.jpg

cSgCy9E.jpg

I think that is the first time, I have tried a close up shot like that, so I guess this is telling me that I need to clean them.:oops:

KAS
I am trying your wick method right now, not too bad. Do you get gurgling?

Reactions: kas122461

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I am trying your wick method right now, not too bad. Do you get gurgling?

No not at all, you should never have gurgling, the excess always drains right out for me. I will take another pic in a moment, and show you the other way that I wick these sometimes. I might get some negative responses, from a few Reonaut's. I wick it like this, for the ones I take to work with me, this way I can get several drags in, in between squonks.

Okay I took 3 pics, and I did try to clean this some, the pics look like I cleaned nothing. :(

I tuck the wick underneath the coil, and to the other side.
Qc6Bnt6.jpg

qyFgaPI.jpg

T3Dc20a.jpg

I try to have the extra long tails kind of thin, so that when I pull them threw to the other side, I can see the drain hole under the coil. I didn't really achieve that with this one, still drains out. :|

KAS

Last edited:

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut
No not at all, you should never have gurgling, the excess always drains right out for me. I will take another pic in a moment, and show you the other way that I wick these sometimes. I might get some negative responses, from a few Reonaut's. I wick it like this, for the ones I take to work with me, this way I can get several drags in, in between squonks.

Okay I took 3 pics, and I did try to clean this some, the pics look like I cleaned nothing. :(

I tuck the wick underneath the coil, and to the other side.
Qc6Bnt6.jpg

qyFgaPI.jpg

T3Dc20a.jpg

I try to have the extra long tails kind of thin, so that when I pull them threw to the other side, I can see the drain hole under the coil. I didn't really achieve that with this one, still drains out. :|

KAS
i tried that method once and I found that every time I squonked it would suck the juice out of the wick as well idk how that was happening. Any tips?

Reactions: kas122461

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
i tried that method once and I found that every time I squonked it would suck the juice out of the wick as well idk how that was happening. Any tips?

I don't think I ever had that problem, but when I first started wicking like this, I always tried to make sure that when I was done, I could see the drain hole when I looked under the coil. That way air can get to the drain once the excess is gone. I guess if you cant see the hole trim the tails a bit thinner until you can. :|

KAS

Last edited:
Reactions: Vapefiend

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
After all this time of using the these, I lost one of the little nuts that you clamp your coil in place with. :( I don't have spares of those, all of mine are original's, (not clones) I ended up robbing one, from one of the ones that I am not using right now. I don't suppose anyone knows where to get spares at do they? :unsure:

KAS

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut
After all this time of using the these, I lost one of the little nuts that you clamp your coil in place with. :( I don't have spares of those, all of mine are original's, (not clones) I ended up robbing one, from one of the ones that I am not using right now. I don't suppose anyone knows where to get spares at do they? :unsure:

KAS
If so I need some too. My chalice iii stays in its case out of fear of losing it’s nuts (no pun intended)

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
@kas122461, I bought some spare post caps for my 6 CIII's from Vapin Art, but that was over 2.5 years ago so no idea if they still have any. Also got a couple of spare screws for my CII around the same time. All for not though when I stopped using any of the Chalice atty's all to soon after cause they just don't get it done for lung hits.

Only other option might be direct from Mark himself.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
@kas122461, I bought some spare post caps for my 6 CIII's from Vapin Art, but that was over 2.5 years ago so no idea if they still have any. Also got a couple of spare screws for my CII around the same time. All for not though when I stopped using any of the Chalice atty's all to soon after cause they just don't get it done for lung hits.

Only other option might be direct from Mark himself.

I did do a quick search, to see if any were still available, with no luck. I have not tried to contact mark. I think it might have ended up in my kitchen sink drain. I am going to try to check the P-trap. I should have ordered the spares, while they were still available.

KAS

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I did do a quick search, to see if any were still available, with no luck. I have not tried to contact mark. I think it might have ended up in my kitchen sink drain. I am going to try to check the P-trap. I should have ordered the spares, while they were still available.

KAS

Unfortunately Mark very often doesn't have any spare parts either. I bought my spares from US sources when he didn't make more of them when he told me he would (nor for many months after either).

I imagine sink drains probably claim a lot of small parts. I never wash my Reos, but have other things with small parts that I do. An easy fix that works well for me in my double kitchen sink is I have thick round fibrous Scotch Brite pads the right size to fit snug down in my sinks drains to seal them off completely. The pad lets liquids pass through very freely, but catches anything else in the natural depression in the center of the pad. The fibers hold small things secure for easy retrieval with forceps, tweezers, etc, or I can just lift the whole pad out and dump what it caught on a paper towel.

scotchpad.jpg

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
That's why one should use the bathroom sink to wash your vape gear. You can close the drain so if something falls it won't go far. Open the drain to drain the water when your done.

It is actually a rare thing for me to do that, I usually just wipe them off with q-tips and a paper towel. I was setting one up that had not been used for a while.

KAS

• Agree
Reactions: Spydro

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
It is actually a rare thing for me to do that, I usually just wipe them off with q-tips and a paper towel. I was setting one up that had not been used for a while.

KAS

It's rare for me as well.. but when I rinse attys that I taking apart it's smart.

Once I forgot to close the drain and when I was rinsing small parts out of my ultrasonic cleaner I thought the bucket was empty and here a small screw was in it stil.. went right down the drain!

Lucky it was in drain trap!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread