Status
Not open for further replies.

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Yup. 28ga Kanthal A1. 4 wraps around the shaft of a Q-Tip and wicked with 2.0mm ReadyXWick.

Crazy old school there with the stop! Haha

I could never get the readyxwick to wick right. Always seemed like it could never hold enough juice for a single hit for me.. ive got a ton of it in different sizes up to 4mm.

Though what you just said sounds easy enough to try it. Would be the 100th attempt at it.

Reactions: Robinowitz

citral

Sep 9, 2017
I do MTL. I started building less to Ohms and more with an eye to heat flux. I like the older version of SE with its treatment of Heat Flux and I use it.

I keep an eye on everything for the Reo. Coil mass, wire length, heat flux, watts @3.7V (that's accounting for voltage drop + sag on a fresh battery).

It seems I favor around 30-35W and 250-300mW/mm2 for DL on 22mm attys, inside that window I adjust airflow to make it hotter or cooler so I try variations on that, found out passed 40mJ/K the ramp up time I find too long. So much variables lol.

Reactions: Robinowitz

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Yup. 28ga Kanthal A1. 4 wraps around the shaft of a Q-Tip and wicked with 2.0mm ReadyXWick.

Tried it and I guess my qtips are larger? Way too loose for 2mm readyxwick. Then all I could find was the 2mm.. unless it's 1.5mm? Anyways my 2mm rod was even loose.

Tried it on a rm2. 4 wraps cane in at like .3ohms haha. Tried it again with 5 wraps and it is like .43ohms. Used kgd for wick.

They really need to make a ss rm2!

citral

Sep 9, 2017
Alright I dialed restricted DL perfection on the O-16 for me today, 7 wraps of 316l on 2.5mm id for .45 ohms and the second biggest air holes.

I'll leave that there and wait for the 2 others coming my way to build 1 for mtl and the other 1 with dual coil.

.45 is not too bad on battery tho, so could see myself hiking with that setup and maybe bump the nic from actual 4mg to 6 or even 8.

citral

Sep 9, 2017
And another (airy DL) success today with 5 wraps of staggered fused clapton (316L, 28x28/32) @.35 ohms, packed with cotton to reduce chamber size

526952IMG20170913191627.jpg

Airflow 3/4 open, has the same vape quality on the Reo and VT Inbox @240°C, only slightly longer ramp up.

Still need a good MTL setup, will try again the speed revolution but with 316L 28g as I found 30g had not enough surface for me

Reactions: JC Okie

citral

Sep 9, 2017
Alright I got this ! 6 wraps of 28g 316L on 2.5mm drill, cotton folded under it, .6 ohms cold but gets higher when vaping.

It has throat hit, warmth, everything I like with a good dyi RY4/cuban cigar. The airhole it a tad restrictive tho but not adjustable on the speed revolution, not sure I want to drill it will try the same setup on the O-16 first. So I just needed to drop the ohms and decrease wire gauge to make it work after all.

197751speed.jpg

Reactions: JC Okie

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Alright I got this ! 6 wraps of 28g 316L on 2.5mm drill, cotton folded under it, .6 ohms cold but gets higher when vaping.

It has throat hit, warmth, everything I like with a good dyi RY4/cuban cigar. The airhole it a tad restrictive tho but not adjustable on the speed revolution, not sure I want to drill it will try the same setup on the O-16 first. So I just needed to drop the ohms and decrease wire gauge to make it work after all.

197751speed.jpg

How'd it vape without the folded cotton under the coil?

citral

Sep 9, 2017
Well you could just cut it short and fold it to the sides like if there were 2 coils, you would just have to squonk more often and the vape would be colder.

Anyway, today I had a day off and tried like 20 builds on the hadaly, hobo, o-16, duals, single, every possible configuration. I'm in sort of a hurry as I'm flying in 2 days for a week and can't imagine taking anything else but the reo.

And I've settled back to the O-16, single coil in the middle, 6 wraps of 26g 316l at .4 ohms. Can't find anything better, it's warm but doesn't get hot when chain vaping, it's kind on battery, has awesome flavor and decent cloud production, all in all it's a winner and got to admit, it looks great, I find 22mm attys dont look that great on the reo.

My serpent SMM still stomps all over it flavour wise, bummer...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread