i have an issue with my smok stick v8

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajorArtz

Sep 12, 2017
so i got the smok stick v8 via mail and i opened it up and everything was fine but i took one puff and then after, it has been blinking 4 times everytime i take a puff and it just wont fire i looked up in the internet and i saw that it has to do something about the atomizer connection i used a different mod to check if it is the atomizer connection and it has worked there what do i need to do to fix it? i changed the coil to a different one and it still hasn't puffed i also took the base of the tfv8 and checked it on another mod it worked perfectly fine so i know for sure it has to do with the mod but i don't really know what to do... hope you guys can actually help me...

Reactions: lboyerbp

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I am thinking I've read of this problem before, and it has to do with the 510 pin connection, particularly between that mod and certain tanks. I think maybe a spacer may solve the problem? Again, this is seeming to ring a bell, but I'm not entirely sure, and I don't own any smok products, but I seem to remember this being a problem for others... It definitely sounds like a connection issue if the mod is working with other tanks, and the tank with other mods. I'm not sure if something needs to be done to the 510 pin, or you just need a spacer or something with the tank you want to use? I'd maybe do a search on the forum for tf8 connection problems, you might find your answer.

Good luck and welcome to ECF!

Anna

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Welcome, @MajorArtz

Did you give the stick a full charge before using it?

Am I correct that you used the Big Baby tank that came in the kit on another mod and it worked, but have not tried another tank on the stick? I only run a tank with the M2 coils on the stick since it runs at 3.7 volts and the power is not adjustable.

ETA: I dug out my instructions and it says the stick will blink 4 times if it doesn't see an atomizer. Make sure the 510 is clear and clean, that it isn't pushed down and stuck, and try another tank and see if it sees that atomizer.

Last edited:

MajorArtz

Sep 12, 2017
Welcome, @MajorArtz

Did you give the stick a full charge before using it?

Am I correct that you used the Big Baby tank that came in the kit on another mod and it worked, but have not tried another tank on the stick? I only run a tank with the M2 coils on the stick since it runs at 3.7 volts and the power is not adjustable.

ETA: I dug out my instructions and it says the stick will blink 4 times if it doesn't see an atomizer. Make sure the 510 is clear and clean, that it isn't pushed down and stuck, and try another tank and see if it sees that atomizer.
well actually i tried another tank on but it didn't work either
so i can't really know whats the problem
i'm pretty sure it's about the connection and not the mod itself but i don't know how to fix it...

Reactions: stols001

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
well actually i tried another tank on but it didn't work either
so i can't really know whats the problem
i'm pretty sure it's about the connection and not the mod itself but i don't know how to fix it...
Are you sure the coil in the tank is tight enough ? Too tight and the tank will short the mod and not fire while if it's not tight enough the mod won't detect it correctly and again won't fire. It sounds stupid but believe me i've had that issue multiple times with my big baby beast (although i don't use factory coils but the fact still remains)

MajorArtz

Sep 12, 2017
Are you sure the coil in the tank is tight enough ? Too tight and the tank will short the mod and not fire while if it's not tight enough the mod won't detect it correctly and again won't fire. It sounds stupid but believe me i've had that issue multiple times with my big baby beast (although i don't use factory coils but the fact still remains)
well i tried that and it didn't work either...

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
I still haven't seen a response if the stick got a full charge before use. May not have anything to do with the problem, but am curious.

It would seem to me that the problem is in the Stick V8 "mod" since all tanks that work/fire on other mods work, but none work on the Stick. My first suspicion would be a depressed or defective 510 in the stick, tanks not making contact. Check to see that the 510 pin in the stick is clean and springs back up when gently pushed down, that there is a springy movement.

If that fails, take it to a shop or contact the seller for repair or replacement. A reputable online vendor may just send another without requiring a return of the "bad" one. Or perhaps they will offer a sufficient discount on another mod? You won't know until you ask.

I guess the only positive I can offer is that, worst case scenario, you only paid slightly more for the kit then the Big Baby tank alone. That is the only reason I bought mine, wanted another BB tank and was almost like the stick was a bonus. All else fails, get another Stick V8 or different mod/kit from a different vendor. A second, third, fourth, etc. tank is never a bad idea.

Good luck and let us know how things work out.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
well i tried that and it didn't work either...
Welcome and glad you joined.
There a quite a few causes that result in the problem you defined.
Could be a problem between the mod and tank.
Might try a 510 TO 510 or EGO ADAPTER :
Eleaf 510 to eGo Thread Adapter (Connector) by iSmoka
510 to Ego Adapter
510 to eGo Adapter - $2.49 : EasyVapors.com, Electronic Cigarette Cartridge and Cartomizer Refills ELiquid
Often, this improves connectivity, and have found works for me.

MajorArtz

Sep 12, 2017
I still haven't seen a response if the stick got a full charge before use. May not have anything to do with the problem, but am curious.

It would seem to me that the problem is in the Stick V8 "mod" since all tanks that work/fire on other mods work, but none work on the Stick. My first suspicion would be a depressed or defective 510 in the stick, tanks not making contact. Check to see that the 510 pin in the stick is clean and springs back up when gently pushed down, that there is a springy movement.

If that fails, take it to a shop or contact the seller for repair or replacement. A reputable online vendor may just send another without requiring a return of the "bad" one. Or perhaps they will offer a sufficient discount on another mod? You won't know until you ask.

I guess the only positive I can offer is that, worst case scenario, you only paid slightly more for the kit then the Big Baby tank alone. That is the only reason I bought mine, wanted another BB tank and was almost like the stick was a bonus. All else fails, get another Stick V8 or different mod/kit from a different vendor. A second, third, fourth, etc. tank is never a bad idea.

Good luck and let us know how things work out.
well i contacted the seller and he told me to send him a video of how the mod looks
i'm gonna do it right now and hope he sends me maybe a new mod or something else...
i don't really know cause i don't have any vape store close to me at all...

I've got one of those, I find it burns real quick? after about 3 drags it's like the coil burns out straight away....

Might have to take it back to the vape shop and see if maybe it needs different types of coils. Otherwise, the few times I have used it.......you can't see what your playing on Xbox!!! some serious clouds with that thing!!!

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
I've got one of those, I find it burns real quick? after about 3 drags it's like the coil burns out straight away....

Might have to take it back to the vape shop and see if maybe it needs different types of coils. Otherwise, the few times I have used it.......you can't see what your playing on Xbox!!! some serious clouds with that thing!!!
It's unfortunate but it's a thing on smok's coil they give nice flavor and clouds but they don't last very long,which is why i moved to the rba based for my big baby beast tank, if for whatever reason the cotton goes bad or gets burned i can simply remove it and rewick it (you don't wanna see what my cotton looked last time i did it XD it was horrible) trick i've found on here to make em last longer is the poking holes in the juice flow on the coils themselves (one at top,and other at bottom). If the poking dosen't help could be duds or a normal thing for the coils, imho i don't recommend smok's tank anymore because i don't think they last long enough for their prices, and that's without talking about smok as a company lol

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska

The Stick V8 is not an adjustable mod that seems to me to push more power on the first few fires on a fresh charge. Assuming you are using the M2 coils specifically designed for the stick, try short, quick fires for the first few hits when it is fully charged whether it is a new coil or not. When breaking in a new coil on a VW mod, we are supposed to start with lower wattage and work our way up. That option is not available with the stick, so starting easy is the next best thing.

It's unfortunate but it's a thing on smok's coil they give nice flavor and clouds but they don't last very long,which is why i moved to the rba based for my big baby beast tank, if for whatever reason the cotton goes bad or gets burned i can simply remove it and rewick it (you don't wanna see what my cotton looked last time i did it XD it was horrible) trick i've found on here to make em last longer is the poking holes in the juice flow on the coils themselves (one at top,and other at bottom). If the poking dosen't help could be duds or a normal thing for the coils, imho i don't recommend smok's tank anymore because i don't think they last long enough for their prices, and that's without talking about smok as a company lol

Just curious what build you are running on your rba deck and how it is working on the stick?

MajorArtz

Sep 12, 2017
well actually i'm planning on buying a g priv mod and a tfv12 with his rba section so i can buy some fused clapton coils when the coils are done
i bought the smok stick v8 like 2 months ago but it came only right now cause of shipping problems
i really do like smok products but i see a lot of people that don't
is there's a good company that makes the same kind of stuff like smok does?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread