Status
Not open for further replies.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
It is said that if you remember the 60's that you really were not there.

bull....ting.jpg

That is probably mostly true of the freaks. But I remember it, almost all of it like it was yesterday. And I still wear my Peace and Fire.

pafs.jpg

Regardless, I am REQUIRED to add this one again...

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I remember all of the '60's. Hallucinogens and the like were not for me but the music was a different story, thanks again Spydro, excellent choices.

It is said that if you remember the 60's that you really were not there.

View attachment 685673

That is probably mostly true of the freaks. But I remember it, almost all of it like it was yesterday. And I still wear my Peace and Fire.

View attachment 685679

Regardless, I am REQUIRED to add this one again...

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Remembering the great Jimi Hendrix who died 47 years ago today on September 18, 1970 in London at age 27.

I am including some videos and backstage pictures from the International Monterey Pop Festival in June 1967, and videos for a look into his life story. John Phillips (The Mamas and Papas) was one of the four key organizers of this festival that marked the start of the Summer of Love. Brian Jones and Nico Paffgen were the reigning King and Queen at Monterey Pop. This festival was what launched the instant fame of Jimi Hendrix in the US.

A list of the songs he performed on Sunday evening June 18th right before the Mamas and Papas and Scott McKenzie performances that ended the festival….. Killing Floor, Foxy Lady, Like a Rolling Stone, Rock Me Baby, Hey Joe, Can You See Me, The Wind Cries Mary, Purple Haze and Wild Thing.

MPF67-Cass-Michelle-Jimi.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread