Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecinik

Sep 13, 2017
İzmir, Turkey
Hello and Welcome.
What about the tank do you not like?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Cloud chucking is fun but I want something that mimics cigarette more. Buying coils will be pretty expensive for me especially in Turkey. I will use nrg tank as a backup and a sub-ohm tank which I will have some fun time to time.

Reactions: Letitia

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Cloud chucking is fun but I want something that mimics cigarette more. Buying coils will be pretty expensive for me especially in Turkey. I will use nrg tank as a backup and a sub-ohm tank which I will have some fun time to time.
You could always get a mtl tank instead...... rebuildables are much more complicated and there's alot of "safety factors" to consider before even considering getting into this.

A popular choice in the mtl tanks category is the nautilus 2 or nautilus X also idk what's not satisfying you (nicotine,or just the tank experience) but in a mtl setup you could up the nicotine levels too,as most sub 0hm juices (or high vg rather) mostly come in 3-6 mgs.

Brother bob will probably come along to add a couple links for ya though :p

On another note: Welccome to ecf :D

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, you're seeking out a MTL setup for your RTA, so it sounds like you somewhat know what you are doing. Have you used an RTA before? If you haven't, there is going to be a learning curve, but it's not really insurmountable. If you decide to get something like a coilmaster kit, which contains an ohms reader and various tools for setting up your coils, that may be a bit of an expense, but some folks find it worth it. Others minimalists use steam engine to calculate resistance on their own, then test fire on their mod (there are some disadvantages to this, a mod can be a bit of an unstable base for vaping. I like my ohms reader simply for that reason-- I'm clumsy, less likely to tip over my mod, etc.

The main things you will need is wire, and whatever wicking material you use (many people start out with kanthal and cotton) kanthal's an easy to wrap wire, but you can't use that in temp mode, if you were planning on doing so. There IS a learning curve, I'd suggest going into this forum: Rebuildable Atomizer Systems
and checking out the coilbulding section and the RTA section to get a sense of what's out there, what might be easiest for you to start, and how to get started building coils. If you buy the tank you are looking at, a few YouTube demo/reviews might be in order, to make sure you are setting up your set up correctly.

It is certainly true that drop in MTL tanks can be easier at first, less leaky, etc., and can be very inexpensive, less expensive than sub0hm tanks and coils, it certainly isn't a terrible idea to start there first. I enjoy the N2 as a device and recently got a Nicholas Firefly tank, where it's a bit of a crossover tank and a vapor producer, but is more of a MTL experience, and it has great flavor.... I literally got this tank yesterday and I've tried a lot of MTL setups and this one more closely approximates RTAs for flavor with no leaking at all. Coils are fairly inexpensive... The Nautilus 2, Nautilus mini or even Nautilus X are all good MTL tanks as well, and there are many others to choose from.

With that said, if you really want to have a RTA up and going, I think almost anyone can, with the right amount of information, tools and patience. I don't take my RTAs out of the house, though, as I don't trust them not to leak unexpectedly (at least not yet) so I'm happy to have some MTL drop-in coil atomizers at my disposal....

Good luck, welcome to the forum!

Anna

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined.
I can begin to understand your problem, don't give up.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Hi and welcome. I do recommend learning to build coils, especially in your situation. It's much cheaper, and you should be able to get at least Kanthal or NiCr wire at an electrical supply house. Cotton should be no problem. So long as you can get or make juice, you should be ok.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
There are so many mtl rta's out there that I'm sure you'll be pleased. I dont own that coppervape skyline, so i dont know anything about it, but there are a plethora of choices, and I'm sure you'll be happy with whatever you choose.

You will want some tools for building your own coils, a 9/16 drill bit to wind your coils around, an ohms reader, a long handled little screw driver (for the tiny screws, the longer handle makes life easier than the free tiny screw driver they give you), kanthal wire, organic cotton, tweezers, fingernail clippers, an ohms reader, and reading glasses if you don't see small objects well.

Some of that you probably already have at home.. the rest you can pick up inexpensively places like eBay or fasttech.

Once you have all the tools, you are good to go. You will want to watch some YouTube videos on how to build and wick on your skyline, then all there is left is to actually build it.

Building a coil is the easy part, where the learning curve comes in is in getting the wicking right.. but once you have it down, your golden!

I wish you luck!

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
There are so many mtl rta's out there that I'm sure you'll be pleased. I dont own that coppervape skyline, so i dont know anything about it, but there are a plethora of choices, and I'm sure you'll be happy with whatever you choose.

You will want some tools for building your own coils, a 9/16 drill bit to wind your coils around, an ohms reader, a long handled little screw driver (for the tiny screws, the longer handle makes life easier than the free tiny screw driver they give you), kanthal wire, organic cotton, tweezers, fingernail clippers, an ohms reader, and reading glasses if you don't see small objects well.

Some of that you probably already have at home.. the rest you can pick up inexpensively places like eBay or fasttech.

Once you have all the tools, you are good to go. You will want to watch some YouTube videos on how to build and wick on your skyline, then all there is left is to actually build it.

Building a coil is the easy part, where the learning curve comes in is in getting the wicking right.. but once you have it down, your golden!

I wish you luck!
9/16? Surely you mean 9/64

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread