Looking for cig-a-like ecigs with liquids made in the USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecig2017

Sep 13, 2017
Hi, I'm new to the forum but not new to ecigs. I've tried many different brands over the years and now I am looking for something specific. I'm looking for Cig-a-like style ecigs with cartridges (at least the liquid inside) made in the USA.

I currently use a VUSE Vibe, but I want the option to step down in nicotine levels (VUSE only offers 48mg). Can anyone recommend a cig-a-like, or something similar in size to the VUSE Vibe that has cartridges with liquid made in the US in 2017? If not, what about other popular brands that are compatible with aftermarket cartridges that have liquid made in the US?

Does anyone know of any cig-a-like or VUSE Vibe size ecigs that use Purilum, LLC as their eliquid provider?

Purilum, LLC is based in Greenville, NC and their mission statement says "In addition to rigorous product testing and purity verification, each e-liquid produced is verified by an independent toxicologist for safety and purity."

Thanks everyone!

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi and welcome,

Why are you so concentrated on overpriced juice from a profiteering cig-a-like maker?

The USA produces many fine e liquids.
Almost every juice can be used in almost every e-cigarette/cartridge/atomizer/tank on the market.
Go and have fun.

Cheers
I

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Juul also doesn't offer the alternative of lower-nic pods, though I've heard they are refillable, so I guess you could do that, slowly decreasing your nicotine if you want.

I know some folks just prefer cartos, and you could try this forum for recommendations for something similar, that isn't necessarily manufactured by big tobacco and paying quite such premium prices, cartos that are designed for refilling tend to be a bit more versatile than the gas station products, for example... Vape Pod Systems

With that said, you should probably do what works best for you.... I'm not entirely familiar with which brands are manufactured where, but if you buy through a US vendor you will be supporting the economy nevertheless. If you are looking for "USA safety" or some notion, I'm not sure the cigarette companies would be the place I would necessarily go, they are looking for profits, not safety....

With all that said, hope you find something that works for you!

Anna

dsites

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2017
Nederland, Colorado
I went from VUSE to V2 Ex and like it much better. V2 is in south Florida and will probably be slower than usual filling the order. You fill the clearomizer with your own juice. If you're coming from VUSE, I'd go with the strongest nic level they have (24).

Welcome and Best Wishes

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
America does not have the sole rights to make safe and tested e-liquid. In fact, because we already have regulation and testing in Europe, you are probably at least as safe this side of the Atlantic at the moment.

Vapers are sitting ducks to greedy businesses and unsubstantiated claims invented by the marketing department. If you believe everything you read you might not get a fair product for a fair price.

Personally, I think you are on the wrong track.

Then again... read the small print... and make up your own mind.

Purilum LLC "these statements have not been evaluated or approved by the FDA"

In other words, this statement ""In addition to rigorous product testing and purity verification, each e-liquid produced is verified by an independent toxicologist for safety and purity" has no validity at all because they made it up. It could be true, it could also be not true.

I would have thought Halo/eVo/purity/nicopure would be a prime candidate for US liquid. I mean, Halo themselves like to give the impression all their products are made in the USA (which they most certainly are not) but at least they have a heart unlike some of the other greedy 'US-made liquid' companies which sell mass-produced non-niche liquid under the guise of 'premium' and we all should know who they are. There are some (too many) big brands out there pretending to be special selling over-priced liquid. These are best avoided.

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
I don't know where you live but, in the US, it's easy to buy the materials and equipment to make your own juice. If you make your own juice, you know what's in it. The only research you need to do is on the flavorings and you can vape unflavored juice. Many members here do. It's also a whole lot cheaper.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I completely agree about DIY, but it sounds like this user is looking for convenience, and a USA brand. I have to admit, when my son first started ordering e-juice over the internet, I was kind of skeezed out, but I didn't know as much about vaping then as I do now, and you can get some *fantastic* e-juice from many places, possibly including China....

I'm unclear as to why the OP is insistent on "USA" made liquids, whether it's a thought that they will somehow be "better" or not. Even so, since my *latest* understanding is most nic used in e-cigs comes from tobacco, but it's purified. Although, honestly, if you buy from a reputable supplier (DIY or just juice) it's not going to be entirely clear where the nic is coming from, where the various ingredients are coming from, etc. I suppose there are probably "Organic" places and etc., perhaps that is something that would make the OP feel more comfortable? Although given the fact that pretty much anyone can slap the label "Organic" on something and unless it's certified organic (and sometimes even then) it's difficult to tease out which e-liquids are best, healthiest, or anything else, other than recommendations from people who have bought from them in the past and found the liquid to be of good quality, nothing grotesque floating in it, doesn't taste off, etc. There's really no way to tell, unless you DIY and even then you have to buy your base ingredients *somewhere*, right?

I've heard good things about The Apothecary, is it? for VG. That can be certified USP grade, which *is* a valid measure, to the best of my knowledge-- samples do have to be tested for purity and whatnot. Nicotine River publishes its MSDS sheets and I liked that about them, so I used them for my supplies.... I believe they are a US based company.... I really have made very few online juice purchases as I got into DIY before I really bought more than a few bottles of juices from Freedom Smoke USA, they've been around a while and have a fairly good reputation as "middle of the road in both flavoring and pricing" IMO-- they're nothing fancy, but they're a solid brand who've been in the industry for awhile. I always felt comfortable with their juices though I do have other B&M that I could order from, but I never saw the need for anything else. They will even customize flavor and add more if you want that (probably not less, but I never asked).

Maybe @ecig2017, if you have one near you, you may even want to check out their selection.... They "make" or at least "combine" ingredients (probably nic and PG/VG ratio to flavoring) while you wait, so it's definitely "combined" here, and they do say all their ingredients are FDA approved-- for flavoring, that doesn't necessarily mean for inhaling, but I don't think ANY flavors are FDA approved for inhalation.... But, it might be a place to try flavors if you want to refill your cartos that is USA based? IDK, just putting it out there, in the hopes of being of help.... :)

Anna

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I don't know where you live but, in the US, it's easy to buy the materials and equipment to make your own juice. If you make your own juice, you know what's in it. The only research you need to do is on the flavorings and you can vape unflavored juice. Many members here do. It's also a whole lot cheaper.

I am currently running homemade e-liquid at 87% cheaper than store-bought.
I'd like to get it to 90% cheaper, but I like to use more expensive flavors sometimes.

In reality, we are talking over $1,200 per year. I don't need to make that saving, but it's better than handing my money over to some arrogant fake-premium juice company.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
I went from VUSE to V2 Ex and like it much better. V2 is in south Florida and will probably be slower than usual filling the order. You fill the clearomizer with your own juice. If you're coming from VUSE, I'd go with the strongest nic level they have (24).

Welcome and Best Wishes

V2 ejuice is made in china. So you need to get another brand juice to get USA juice.

Reactions: djsvapour

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    Considered among the least rip-off of cig-a-likes:
    Smokeless Image | The Best Electronic Cigarette
    Comes with prefilled cartos, but they carry cheap blanks (and juice) to use what you want, for high nic like Vuse try nicotine salts liquid such as Mr. Salt-E

Last edited:

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Hi, I'm new to the forum but not new to ecigs. I've tried many different brands over the years and now I am looking for something specific. I'm looking for Cig-a-like style ecigs with cartridges (at least the liquid inside) made in the USA.
    I currently use a VUSE Vibe, but I want the option to step down in nicotine levels (VUSE only offers 48mg). Can anyone recommend a cig-a-like, or something similar in size to the VUSE Vibe that has cartridges with liquid made in the US in 2017? If not, what about other popular brands that are compatible with aftermarket cartridges that have liquid made in the US?
    Does anyone know of any cig-a-like or VUSE Vibe size ecigs that use Purilum, LLC as their eliquid provider?
    Purilum, LLC is based in Greenville, NC and their mission statement says "In addition to rigorous product testing and purity verification, each e-liquid produced is verified by an independent toxicologist for safety and purity."
    Thanks everyone!
    Welcome and glad you joined.
    There are lots of different options spelled out below. All vape is good for my tastes.
    Might like to read:
    http://www.vaporauthority.com/pages/learn
    http://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/a...tte-college-guides-tutorials-information.html
    Beginner – Guide To Vaping
    http://vapingcheap.com/vaping-101/
    (10) Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods | E-Cigarette Forum
    (1) Proper Terminology - Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Attachments. | E-Cigarette Forum

Reactions: stols001
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread