Need help on my first vape mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nisith

Sep 13, 2017
Hi Guys
I really need your expert reviews and suggestions on my 1st mod. I usually vape on vape pens and the ones which i'm using is Smok Stick V8, Kanger EVOD Pro & Kanger AKD K-Pin.

But after seeing lots of vapers videos on youtube i felt like i need to take my vaping experience to next level, so i purchased Smoant Charon 218w mod with Uwell Crown 3 tank and Samsung 25r batteries. Without knowing how to use it. So i would kindly request you to contribute little help on basic settings to get on with the mod.

My unit details:
Smoant Charon 218w (uses dual 18650 batteries so i purchased Samsung 25r)
Uwell Crown 3 tank (with 2 coils included 0.25 ohm & 0.5 ohm)

Thanks in advance

Regards
Nisith

Nisith

Sep 13, 2017
That is a nice looking mod. I don't know anything about it, but this video will explain how to use it. I liked the vid as he explains how to use the curve setting.

The Uwell Crown 3 tank should be self-explanatory. Enjoy!

PJReid Thanks for the help. Unfortunately this video didn't helped me on my issues but yes I previously watched this video and it helped me buy this mod and his other video helped me buy my tank. BTW he is Matt from SuckMyMod.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
PJReid Thanks for the help. Unfortunately this video didn't helped me on my issues but yes I previously watched this video and it helped me buy this mod and his other video helped me buy my tank. BTW he is Matt from SuckMyMod.
Hi and welcome,
We are happy to help.
Ask about anything you may be unclear about.

Cheers
I

Nisith

Sep 13, 2017
Nisith, what is the "issue" that isn't covered? We can't help if we don't know what your question is. Whatever the video didn't cover, ask away here... I'm fairly certain someone can answer your question, but only if you actually make KNOWN what issues you are having trouble with?

Anna
Dear Anna

Thanks for taking time on reading my post
My Issue is I have never used regulated mod ever so I don't know how to use the mod which I have with me.
More precisely I don't know how to use VW/TC/TCR modes. I have the mod Charon 218w and tank uwell crown 3 but don't know on which settings should I use it. so I need someone to suggest me how can I use the tank and mod in a simple settings.

I hope u understood what my problem is now?

Would surely look forward to your revert on the same

Regards
Nisith

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yes, if you are new, stay in wattage mode for now, those settings should be covered in the video. In wattage mode, you can use kanthal wire or stainless steel, so make sure you aren't using any nickle coils or Titanium coils, those are for TC only.... Start low on wattage and slowly turn it up until you are happy and satisfied with your vape. After you've vaped for a while, if you want to use TC mode, you'll need to research what coils work with your tank on TC (though it looks like the Crown comes with SS coils that CAN be used in TC mode).

IF you are dying to run TC, things get a bit more complicated with your settings. You'd be *setting* a wattage, most likely, as the wattage the mod fires at to START your vape, but as your temperature rises (you also set your temperature, usually not to exceed about 450 degrees F, I believe it is, but you can certainly set your TC to lower temperature, as well) you'll start out just like in WW mode, only if your tank starts to overheat, your mod will dial back the wattage to keep an even temperature in the tank.

I think you have chosen well for running TC eventually down the line, but there's nothing wrong with staying in wattage mode for awhile while you more thoroughly learn your device's capabilities. Or, you can watch some more demos/reviews that will explain the menu function more precisely and allow you to fine tune your settings, there are plenty of them I am sure, on YouTube and maybe one will give you more information?

You don't *have* to run it in any particular mode, but wattage tends to be easiest to start with, even if you have TC capable coils. Get a sense of your device in its simplest mode and then move up from there... :)

Best of luck,

Anna

Reactions: Nisith

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
No it isn't covered, The video only helped me on buying it....
Thanks for your precious time on trying to help me...

On your coils, the SUS316 factory coils which come in either .25 ohm or .5 ohm, what you will want to do is to first prime your coil (shown in video below)

Then, as your working your way up to the wattage you feel tastes best and performs well for the coil, please note that the factory recommended settings are usually a bit too high. For instance, your .5 ohm coils is supposedly rated for between 70 and 80 watts, but you'll likely find, as most of us also have found, that those settings are way too high. You may find your coils sweet spot somewhere around 40-60 watts instead. Same goes with your .25 ohm coil, it is supposedly rated for between 80-90 watts, but you may find that is simply too high, preferring instead to vape that coil around 50 to perhaps 70 watts.

I hope this helps you some.. If you have further questions please ask, and I (and we) will help you all we can. :)

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain

Your welcome.

You are good to go for now, but there is some learning concerning battery safety and whatnot that you will want to learn and need to know..

You can start here:
18650 Battery Ratings -- Picking a Safe Battery to Vape With | E-Cigarette Forum

And Mooch's Recommended Batteries | E-Cigarette Forum

And Li-Ion Battery Chemistries - What are the differences in their safety? | E-Cigarette Forum

You should learn things such as wait for 30 minutes to an hour after charging your batteries before vaping.. and more...

If you have battery safety questions just ask and read on the forum in the battery section. Batteries and Chargers

Don't let it scare you.. these are just good things to learn and know.. :)

Nisith

Sep 13, 2017
Your welcome.

You are good to go for now, but there is some learning concerning battery safety and whatnot that you will want to learn and need to know..

You can start here:
18650 Battery Ratings -- Picking a Safe Battery to Vape With | E-Cigarette Forum

And Mooch's Recommended Batteries | E-Cigarette Forum

And Li-Ion Battery Chemistries - What are the differences in their safety? | E-Cigarette Forum

You should learn things such as wait for 30 minutes to an hour after charging your batteries before vaping.. and more...

If you have battery safety questions just ask and read on the forum in the battery section. Batteries and Chargers

Don't let it scare you.. these are just good things to learn and know.. :)
Thank you very much for the relevant links.
Sure I will go through it and try learning concern things about the battery.

Nisith

Sep 13, 2017
Hi Guys

I vaped on your recommended suggestions and it was great as I found my sweet spot at 50/55 watts on 0.5ohms.
But I don't know why my tank is consuming lots of juice as I have to refill 5 times in a single day on a 0.5ohms coil.

And please check below the link of my mod picture as I am feeling little bit proud to final having a beast with me.

http://i65.tinypic.com/30skfw2.jpg[/IMG]

Reactions: Opinionated

Nisith

Sep 13, 2017
Hi Guys

I vaped on your recommended suggestions and it was great as I found my sweet spot at 50/55 watts on 0.5ohms.
But I don't know why my tank is consuming lots of juice as I have to refill 5 times in a single day on a 0.5ohms coil.

And please check below the link of my mod picture as I am feeling little bit proud to final having a beast with me.

http://i65.tinypic.com/30skfw2.jpg[/IMG]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread