Greetings from TheMagicMan

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMagicMan

Sep 14, 2017
Hi folks. Got into vaping in early 2014 with some protanks and an MVP2. It got me by for a while but eventually I stopped and have most of my vaping stuff away. It got used by that person and most of the juice I had.

It came full circle and I asked him for the mod and tanks back since he has progressed with the technology.

Come to about 3 weeks ago and my Vuse Vibe tank I had bought brand new had a burnt taste with it. Called and got some coupons and the like. In the mean time I looked into getting back into vaping. Something with a little more power than my vuse vibe.

Technology has progressed so much! Today I have 2 Istick QC 200w's and a Blazer Sense 200 and 2 Sense Blazer Pro's. I have a couple rdta's on the way so I can finally vape some of those coil gunkers without smoking my *coils* that are perfectly safe in my Blazer tanks.

I'm excited to be back.

Last edited:

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Welcome to ecf!

Anytime your tank gets a burnt taste just clean your tank really well, and change your coil.

In order to avoid that, make sure you prime your coils well before using. You don't have to be that careful in what juice you use, just be reasonable and count on changing your coil once every 5-7 days on the factory made coils.

When i build I change the wicking and burn off my coils a bit more frequently, but with factory made you can get by with every 5-7 days, and all I vape is coil killers.. lol..

AnywAy, welcome!

TheMagicMan

Sep 14, 2017
Welcome to ecf!

Anytime your tank gets a burnt taste just clean your tank really well, and change your coil.

In order to avoid that, make sure you prime your coils well before using. You don't have to be that careful in what juice you use, just be reasonable and count on changing your coil once every 5-7 days on the factory made coils.

When i build I change the wicking and burn off my coils a bit more frequently, but with factory made you can get by with every 5-7 days, and all I vape is coil killers.. lol..

AnywAy, welcome!

That makes sense. I was close to two weeks on that individual premade coil set anyway but Reaper Blend by Rocket Fuel vapes killed them quite quickly. It's great but jeez I may avoid that one once I'm done with the 30ml.

So if one is using coils generally speaking it's not a bad idea to stock up on the ohm and style of coil you like if it's one a week thats 52 a year or 17 boxes of coils @ 9.99 per 3 unless they are on sale. I'm thinking RDA/RBA/RDTA is kind of the way to go. Sometimes though I just love the simplicity of a tank and a pre-built commercial coil for it's ease of use.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
That makes sense. I was close to two weeks on that individual premade coil set anyway but Reaper Blend by Rocket Fuel vapes killed them quite quickly. It's great but jeez I may avoid that one once I'm done with the 30ml.

So if one is using coils generally speaking it's not a bad idea to stock up on the ohm and style of coil you like if it's one a week thats 52 a year or 17 boxes of coils @ 9.99 per 3 unless they are on sale. I'm thinking RDA/RBA/RDTA is kind of the way to go. Sometimes though I just love the simplicity of a tank and a pre-built commercial coil for it's ease of use.

Get rta's for real, but definitely keep your factory tanks w/coils around too. Sometimes you do just want the ease of dropping in a coil if you either dont have time to build or are just feeling lazy.. I always keep one box or two of factory coils (5 in a box) on hand and replenish those as needed. (It helps that i use the same coils as my husband.. lol) other than that I build our coils.

Reactions: stols001

TheMagicMan

Sep 14, 2017
Get rta's for real, but definitely keep your factory tanks w/coils around too. Sometimes you do just want the ease of dropping in a coil if you either dont have time to build or are just feeling lazy.. I always keep one box or two of factory coils (5 in a box) on hand and replenish those as needed. (It helps that i use the same coils as my husband.. lol) other than that I build our coils.

For sure. I do have a Ijoy Limitless Plus RDTA & an Ijoy Combo coming I got used off of reddit. I got both for $24 shipped with the original boxes and stuff so I'm looking forward to those.

What are your general thoughts on the fused clapton coils and stuff like that? I'm strongly leaning towards getting a set of 4 from my b&m for $10 and seeing if I like them or not. Then advanced vape supply has I think a dozen for $10 from there.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
For sure. I do have a Ijoy Limitless Plus RDTA & an Ijoy Combo coming I got used off of reddit. I got both for $24 shipped with the original boxes and stuff so I'm looking forward to those.

What are your general thoughts on the fused clapton coils and stuff like that? I'm strongly leaning towards getting a set of 4 from my b&m for $10 and seeing if I like them or not. Then advanced vape supply has I think a dozen for $10 from there.

I've never used advanced vape supply, so I cant speak on them, generally fused clapton are more expensive than that though if you go buying them.

Best bet honestly, is just to do simple builds that you can do yourself. I have a coil master kit (which i like) that has all the tools and whatnot for winding your coils.. I prefer simple though, a regular micro coil, a nice spaced coil, or a clapton periodically. Buying a spool of wire that will last a couple years is dirt cheap! Some cotton (Japanese organic is my favorite) and your good to go.. for a long long time!

I just avoid having others do for me what I can easily do for myself, so I don't get into the too complicated. If you build right you'll be just as happy with a simple build anyway.

It's your choice though.. I'd just rather do it myself..

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Welcome back, I don't know that there's anything wrong with precoiled to start with, other than you are then limited to whatever resistance coils you purchase. It's true that you'd have more versatility with a coilmaster kit and buying your own wires, but a lot of people prefer the ease of coils that are already "complete."

I'm the same way, I do like RTAs but I won't take one out of the house due to the possibility of unexpected leakage or other horrors that I wouldn't want to deal with on the go... yet. That might change, but I think there will always be a place for prebought coils in my life.

Glad you are turning to vaping once again!

Anna

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi folks. Got into vaping in early 2014 with some protanks and an MVP2. It got me by for a while but eventually I stopped and have most of my vaping stuff away. It got used by that person and most of the juice I had.
It came full circle and I asked him for the mod and tanks back since he has progressed with the technology.
Come to about 3 weeks ago and my Vuse Vibe tank I had bought brand new had a burnt taste with it. Called and got some coupons and the like. In the mean time I looked into getting back into vaping. Something with a little more power than my vuse vibe.
Technology has progressed so much! Today I have 2 Istick QC 200w's and a Blazer Sense 200 and 2 Sense Blazer Pro's. I have a couple rdta's on the way so I can finally vape some of those coil gunkers without smoking my *coils* that are perfectly safe in my Blazer tanks.
I'm excited to be back.
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might like to read:
http://best-e-cigarette-guide.com/e...cigarettes/sub-ohm-vaping-perks-and-problems/
What is Sub Ohm Vaping? Our Sub Ohm Vaping Guide & Tips
All About Sub-Ohm Vaping
Battery safety
Care and Use of 510, eGo and Variable Voltage Batteries
(7) Information Resources for Your First RBA | E-Cigarette Forum
ECF Sub-Ohm Advisory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread