Smok Skyhook turned on, but won't fire, reading 0-0.067volts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harrison Foxley

Sep 14, 2017
Hi im new here i've looked around and couldn't find an answer, I have a smok Skyhook, its turned on all lighting up, no error messages, but won't fire, reading 0-0.067volts - 0.119 ohms and 0.563amps each time i click the fire button it doesn't rise any higher. and it is on 120 watts.

I've changed the batteries and still not working, does anyone know how to fix before i take it apart and look for loose wires?

Thanks,

Harrison

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hi im new here i've looked around and couldn't find an answer, I have a Smok Skyhook, its turned on all lighting up, no error messages, but won't fire, reading 0-0.067volts - 0.119 ohms and 0.563amps each time i click the fire button it doesn't rise any higher. and it is on 120 watts.

I've changed the batteries and still not working, does anyone know how to fix before i take it apart and look for loose wires?

Thanks,

Harrison

Maybe try a Build that has Higher Ohms?

Or perhaps Dial Back the Watts on the Build you have right now?

Reactions: stols001

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi im new here i've looked around and couldn't find an answer, I have a Smok Skyhook, its turned on all lighting up, no error messages, but won't fire, reading 0-0.067volts - 0.119 ohms and 0.563amps each time i click the fire button it doesn't rise any higher. and it is on 120 watts.
Welcome and glad you joined.
If you followed:
"Important Note:
Rebuildable atomizer coils and wicks have known risks.

Rebuildables are for experts, not average or beginner vapers with no multimeter or knowledge of how to use a meter, or when a meter must be used, or how electronic devices work. These materials cannot safely be used by the inexperienced or those without basic knowledge of electronics.

This is because:
1. A rebuildable coil/wick MUST be tested carefully with a meter before it is used.
2. If it is not tested it is entirely the risk of the user.
3. Faulty wicks/coils WILL blow electronic devices.
4. New coil/wick units must be tested and then used first on a strong basic electrical APV that has short circuit protection.
5. No new coil/wick assembly should be used on an electronic device until known to be safe.
6. These items destroy electronic devices if faulty. This is a known issue.

Due to the nature of this product there is no warranty. This product is for experienced users and requires technical knowledge in order to properly use it"
There are so many areas where things could have gone wrong, it's would be difficult to pin down a single cause in this post.
Could contact:
Local B&M Vape Shop-----Might be simple.
Vendor who sold it ---see if they will repair or replace or advise (any authorized distributor).
Manufacturer contact ---see if they will repair or replace or advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread