Status
Not open for further replies.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Kind of depends on how you like to vape.

I won an ikronos x mini recently and so far have really been enjoying it. It's a 50 watt, integrated battery mod that is tc capable, and fits a serpent mini perfectly.. (which is 22 mm so it fits a 22mm tank or smaller, although you could get away with a 23mm tank) it's an integrated battery so you don't have to worry about buying batteries for it or a charger.. just get a tank and your good to go.

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/iKarno-X-MINI-Box-MOD.html

It's 32.00 USD so it's not a bad price. Over 40 watts and it runs through the battery fairly quickly but around 30 watts or under you get good battery life and it works beautifully. I don't know how long lasting it will be, but I've had a couple weeks with it now and have to say it's been great!

I'd definitely recommend it for a small mod.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Again, like what the others said, there's no real answer to that question. I would relate to it being asked what's the best vehicle with four wheels for a good price... everyone has a different answer for a different reason.

I am not a huge cloud chaser and lean more towards a flavor chaser setup.. I like a 30W vape, so many of the single battery mods will be good for me. I use an Eleaf Aster, and a Cloupor Mini 80w box mod. They're both small, uses a single 18650 battery, and is more powerful enough for my day to day use.

At home, I have a bigger "desktop" mod I've had for a while called the Releaux RX200. It needs three batteries, but is a very stable mod. It's been quite reliable for me, But again, I usually vape it at 30W.

Recently, I've been looking for a good dual battery mod for a prolonged vape experience. I've been keeping my eye on the Smok Alien 220 mod, but since I already have quite a few mods, it's on the backburner.

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
Welcome to ECF!

What the others said is correct.

It also depends on where you are and what is available and whether or not you're a beginner or looking to move up the ladder.

In the US, there are lots of options.

If you're just starting and trying to quit smoking, you can't go wrong with an Eleaf iStick 30w or 40w. The iStick 60w is well liked and has a replaceable 18650 battery.

A good starter tank would be the Aspire Nautilus Mini. Eleaf GS Air M, or Joyetech Ego One V2.

lupinehorror

bròn
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Dunblane
whatever you go for i'd recommend something with a replaceable battery/cell. helps to always have a spare in your pocket. when starting out i had much success with the istick pico kit (kit comes with the tank included). decent amount of watts (75) and uses an 18650 cell which are readily available. got a mine on amazon (uk) for £25 (plus the price of the 18650 which isn't included).
as others have said it's a hard question to answer though. maybe go into a vape shop, if there's one near you, and discuss what your needs are.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Easy question to answer, the Smoant Battlestar. Does power and temperature control quite good and you could get one recently for $25. I don't remember what vendor had that deal but it can be had pretty cheap with a little searching, and a coupon code.
$25???

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to locate that vendor and return here with a link!

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
If you're looking for a good vape, the atty/tank is the most important part of the deal. The mod is just a fancy battery you can turn up and down as needed. Do you have that settled?

If you do, and the tank is 23 mm or smaller, the Pico is tough to beat at $20 from Rocky Mountain Vapors with the 30% discount code "TURKEY". They have other Eleaf mods as well, which are also discounted with that code.

After that, you've got a ton of good recommendations on mods, so once you settle on a tank, you should be good to go.

Edit: oops, you're talking in pounds so you need UK based, US won't be as useful. The mods are the same as far as recommendations, but prices are an unknown. We do have UK members here so they might key you in to good local deals.

Last edited:

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Smoant battlestar
The battlestar is proving to be a rock solid purchase. Not that cheap in the UK. Mine came from China to save a few £.

I'm going with the iStick Pico recommendation. OR, if you want to extend yourself a little, the Aspire Zelos at about £50 makes sense if you don't mind the battery will eventually die.

Super-cheap is do-able but you have to know where to look.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
iStick Pico or Aspire Zelos are both good options. From your original post it sounded like you wanted a "box" mod, so I'm not sure if that means you want something with removable batteries that you can recharge, and or one battery or two. There is no "best" answer for any box mod, especially since you gave few parameters to start. If you are a new vaper, then internal battery starter set makes a lot of sense, rather than rechargeable, but it's not really clear at this point... Though, if I were looking for a mod and could REALLY purchase a Smoant Battlestar for $25, I probably would, were I not on a "no purchase" status. That's a seriously crazy price.

Best of luck!

Anna

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
$25???

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to locate that vendor and return here with a link!
I searched for the info on that deal and I was incorrect. Ecig.com has it for $34 which is still s good price. The deal I was talking about was from there with 20off coupon code which made it $27 I think. Anyway it doesn't matter because the coupon code doesn't work anymore but $34 still is pretty good for a really solid mod.

Grego25

ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Like everyone's saying it really depends what you're looking for. Are you limited to 2ml tanks in the uk? If not I would say a starter kit like the pico or smok al85 would be good to try it out and see what you like. I started out before there were so many decent starter kits for cheap so I got a double battery mod & a tank separately. Nice thing about that is I that mod has the power to run any tank I want. Then again once you get going you can replace one part at a time and there's not really a weak link in most newer starter kits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kilroy

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2009
Charlotte, NC
I've been getting a decent vape off an eGo style battery and cartomizer for years. It's kept me away from cigarettes. You don't need a box mod to vape, but if you want to try one there's no reason not to. I'd recommend a Joyetech Cuboid mod with a Cubis tank. But you get very similar with the eGo AIO, and it uses the same coil, and it's about $20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread