Endura T22 Leaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

tgs3

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I have recently received a few devices as gifts - one from a generous member. I was given a new T22 by a vaping friend.

I used it for the first time today and enjoyed it. It is a huge step up from the juul I have been using.

However, there seems to be a leak. When I remove it from the pouch I carry in, it is always moist. When I opened the box, I just attached the two main parts. Am I missing something?

Any ideas on how the leak is occurring?

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Foggy Road

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
In order to diagnose the problem, you need to find out where the leak is coming from. Hold it, or let it sit like it would be sitting in your pouch thingie. Observe and see if you can find out where the liquid is escaping, be it through an o-ring or through the airflow chamber. The likeliest suspect is where the coil goes into the tank base.

redeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chicago suburbs
www.nofearmotorsports.com
There's supposed to be a large white o ring in the top cap. There's supposed to be a smaller black one in a groove in the bottom of the tank. Make sure both are present and seated properly. Also the coil has to be lined up with the slots and pushed in and seated all the way in. If all of the above are ok and all three connections are finger tight, it can't leak unless the glass is cracked.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Volume of leakage would also help. I tend to close off my airflow if tanks are in transit, just generally, as a *small* amount of leakage isn't uncommon if some mods aren't upright. It's certainly not a *given* but I do find that my tanks don't leak that way, though some of them are just non-leakers.

It might be worth watching a demo video or two to make sure all the pieces (including O-rings) are seated properly and that you have the coil inserted all the way in, if you are having trouble identifying the problem. I don't think a small amount of moisture (can you identify that it's ejuice, or just condensation?) would be unlikely if you are placing it in a plastic bag, especially if you've just used it and things are a little bit warm. Does it leak at other times?

Anna

redeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chicago suburbs
One other tip. Due to the size of the coil and the amount of juice the wicking holds, there is a tendency for a small amount of juice to build up in the drip tip hole over time. I clean my drip tip hole and drip tip once a day. But you know when this happens because you will get a juice taste in your mouth when you draw on it.
Have you tried another coil? If the silicone seal is damaged at the top coil tip it won't seal to the top.
As coastal cowboy said, it is a little finicky getting the coil to seat. If you have the other coil that came with it, try that.
Make sure the bottom cap and top cap are finger tight. Check the two o rings I mentioned before. I did find a thread on the Innokin forum where a guy received a T22 and those 2 o rings weren't installed at the factory. The spares are in the bag in the kit. Keep us in the loop.

Reactions: stols001

redeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chicago suburbs
In terms of volume: I 3/4 filled the tank last night and put it in my carrying case. I checked it when I got to work and the tank was empty.
Something is missing or defective. Check the 2 o rings first. Try the other coil. If that doesn't work, call your supplier for an exchange.

redeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chicago suburbs
I did not power off the device before storing it. I don't suppose that that is the cause. The rings seem to be in place. There is a small space between the clearomizer/tank and the battery when I screw them together. Is that normal.
Yes. That's the air flow. The o rings could be damaged too.

redeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chicago suburbs
One more, lol. When you take the drip tip out and look in the hole, is the silicone seal on the coil centered in the hole? If the coil isn't all the way in, wrong coil, bent coil, or warped tank base, coil will be crooked. Looking in the hole, the hole in the coil should be centered in the drip tip hole. Post a pic of your coil. Pics would help.

redeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chicago suburbs
Thanks. I'm a newbie and know nothing about advanced vaping. But I researched heavily before buying. And with all the units in my close circle of family and friends for 2 solid months of use, we've got the T18 and T 22 pretty well disected.
Trig is no slouch either. He's filled in any info I didn't have. That's what makes this board so great. It's about helping people, not bullying or making fun of them.
I love this place.
I've looked at every negative thread on the T18/T22. Most probs are either user error or factory goof up, not a design flaw. Problem is, a lot of OPs never follow up after they have been given help. An OP starts a thread needing help, gets advice, then never reveals the final outcome.
Too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread