Status
Not open for further replies.

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Hey guys. I'm looking at possibly trying to trade for a pre-loved p67 and wanted ask about the spring button. How would I tell in pictures if the REO had this button?

No idea as I don't have a spring loaded button on mine.. i'd say have the person loosen the positive contact and then try the button to see if it springs back.

No idea when reosmods started shopping mods with a spring button installed.

You can buy the spring button for like $8 at reosmods if needed.

Reactions: MsLoud

MsLoud

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
No idea as I don't have a spring loaded button on mine.. i'd say have the person loosen the positive contact and then try the button to see if it springs back.

No idea when reosmods started shopping mods with a spring button installed.

You can buy the spring button for like $8 at reosmods if needed.
Oh good to know. I need to go to the site and have a look around. Been a while. I still have my little REO Mini and it's never failed me though I have a ton of extra parts just in case.

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Oh good to know. I need to go to the site and have a look around. Been a while. I still have my little REO Mini and it's never failed me though I have a ton of extra parts just in case.

Oh just wanted to say I was thinking about the 2015 woodvil when i replied about the button.. easier to loosen the positive contact on that.. different on the p67.

I'd say (first either remove the battery or lock it so it cant fire) have them push the positive contact away from the button. Then push the button in and see if it springs back.. if not then no button spring.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Hey guys. I'm looking at possibly trying to trade for a pre-loved p67 and wanted ask about the spring button. How would I tell in pictures if the REO had this button?

You would not be able to tell them apart just from external or internal pictures as they appear to be identical (pictures below).

As for the need for the spring button... 4 of my P67's are from sale day of the first run (without spring buttons), my fifth one does have a spring button. Every night in the dark I vape all 5, wouldn't be able to tell which one had the spring button if it were not for how that P67's finish feels in hand, the DIY it runs and that I know in what order they reside in the 6 slot holder they are in so I can just reach for the joose I want to vape by fell. IOW, makes no difference to me whether the button is spring loaded or not... I have had zero issues with any of them.

This pic include the 4 without spring buttons.

rx8.jpg

This one has the spring button... all buttons look identical. I don't know when the spring buttons were started, but #5 also has the Peek instead of wood insert in it. It dates from early June this year.

mrda6s.jpg

HTH

Last edited:

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Also its not the end of the world if it don't have the spring. It will work just fine without it as the gold contact acts as the spring.

The button may stick in the on position if juice gets behind it from a leak from your rba. The spring button would prevent that sticking from happening.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida

You can't tell by looking. The spring button looks no different. Probably the best way would be to ask when it was purchased new. The only non spring button P67s were the first release. Any subsequent releases had the spring added.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Thank you both! So now I see the Supervein color...anyone have a hammertone to compare to give me some idea of the difference? My Mini is hammertone and I love the durability of the finish.

I've never seen a Supervein in person. But I have a Hammertone Grand and a P67. It's one of my favorite finishes. supervein looks to me sorta like Hammertone on steroids. More contrasting blacks and grays.

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Thank you both! So now I see the Supervein color...anyone have a hammertone to compare to give me some idea of the difference? My Mini is hammertone and I love the durability of the finish.

Too bad spydro dont have one as it would be easy for him to do a side by side with all of his hehe. Shocking! :pervy: ;):thumb:

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Too bad spydro dont have one as it would be easy for him to do a side by side with all of his hehe. Shocking! :pervy: ;):thumb:

Well, I do have multiple Hammertone Reos. And I have many other "grey" TRA Reos. Yes I was in the market for 5th and 6th P67's when Rob decided to try out the Supervein. But as an unproven "vein" I had no interest in it at all, at least not until it proved itself as a vein that wouldn't eventually oxidize to almost all black like the Silvervein and Coppervein Reos do if not clear coated. Rob and I discussed it at length, he thought it was worth a try so dove in. It has not been even near long enough yet to know either way on he oxidation. FWIW he has tried many other new colors on the metal Reos that did not work. R&D costs money that you don't recoup when it fails. The losses is also why he stopped offering anodized Reos. Anyway, none of the colors interested me at all, so I got his OK to make me two custom color P67's (with me buying the materials to do so). I got #5, but before the color was 100% decided on for #6 the sale of Reosmods was looming. So I dropped #6 and he could finally retire as he had wanted to do for some time.

All is good without #6. It's already hard enough to hold 5 of them in only two hands when vaping them. :pervy:
;)

MsLoud

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
Well, I do have multiple Hammertone Reos. And I have many other "grey" TRA Reos. Yes I was in the market for 5th and 6th P67's when Rob decided to try out the Supervein. But as an unproven "vein" I had no interest in it at all, at least not until it proved itself as a vein that wouldn't eventually oxidize to almost all black like the Silvervein and Coppervein Reos do if not clear coated. Rob and I discussed it at length, he thought it was worth a try so dove in. It has not been even near long enough yet to know either way on he oxidation. FWIW he has tried many other new colors on the metal Reos that did not work. R&D costs money that you don't recoup when it fails. The losses is also why he stopped offering anodized Reos. Anyway, none of the colors interested me at all, so I got his OK to make me two custom color P67's (with me buying the materials to do so). I got #5, but before the color was 100% decided on for #6 the sale of Reosmods was looming. So I dropped #6 and he could finally retire as he had wanted to do for some time.

All is good without #6. It's already hard enough to hold 5 of them in only two hands when vaping them. :pervy:
;)
OK, so I'm confused...Are you saying the Supervein is as good as the Hammertone - just more coloring I assume? I had a Copper and Silver Vein and was very disappointed and it didnt take long for the color to start to change to that awful dark which is why I stuck to TRA for so long. I got my little Mini Hammertone and love it.

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
OK, so I'm confused...Are you saying the Supervein is as good as the Hammertone - just more coloring I assume? I had a Copper and Silver Vein and was very disappointed and it didnt take long for the color to start to change to that awful dark which is why I stuck to TRA for so long. I got my little Mini Hammertone and love it.

I'd say go for it if your fine with removing the finish if it turns.. Prob easily peal it off if needed.. but by the sounds of it, it might be good.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither

The problem with the other veins is the 'color' in each that will oxidize and become dark if not clear coated. Clear coating them adds new issues to deal with if you ever drop or chip the finish. In effect they both become a black Reo with maybe some copper or silver undertones. Did the same manufacture take the issues with the old veins into account when developing the Supervein? It was not known yet, or for sure yet if what is used in its 'color' will oxidize. I believe it is a much heavier finish than even the Hammertone, with more texture (HT was the most durable of all the finishes on the Reos). In hand it should feel real nice if like me you like some texture rather than the slippery finish in most of the 'painted' color Reos (white, yellow, gold, etc). There are Superveins out there in use, but neither Rob or I had heard one way or the other whether they are staying exactly as they are when new. I quit running the forum where those were. Like the old veins you should be able to strip them back to raw aluminum, but how much harder that would be with this thicker finish than the old veins have is unknown. That's the logical answer, not a guess.

Rob didn't get any answers from the manufacture about this finish that I am aware of. You might contact Eric to see if he has, or had any Supervein owners complain about the finish yet. Otherwise I doubt he has any first hand knowledge about this finish yet either. That's about all I can add or suggest.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I put a clear JWrap on my Copper Vein. It did not fit perfectly, there was a gap or two. I used some of my daughter's clear nail polish on the uncovered spots, a rather limited area. It looks as good as it did three years ago.

The problem with the other veins is the 'color' in each that will oxidize and become dark if not clear coated. Clear coating them adds new issues to deal with if you ever drop or chip the finish. In effect they both become a black Reo with maybe some copper or silver undertones. Did the same manufacture take the issues with the old veins into account when developing the Supervein? It was not known yet, or for sure yet if what is used in its 'color' will oxidize. I believe it is a much heavier finish than even the Hammertone, with more texture (HT was the most durable of all the finishes on the Reos). In hand it should feel real nice if like me you like some texture rather than the slippery finish in most of the 'painted' color Reos (white, yellow, gold, etc). There are Superveins out there in use, but neither Rob or I had heard one way or the other whether they are staying exactly as they are when new. I quit running the forum where those were. Like the old veins you should be able to strip them back to raw aluminum, but how much harder that would be with this thicker finish than the old veins have is unknown. That's the logical answer, not a guess.

Rob didn't get any answers from the manufacture about this finish that I am aware of. You might contact Eric to see if he has, or had any Supervein owners complain about the finish yet. Otherwise I doubt he has any first hand knowledge about this finish yet either. That's about all I can add or suggest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread