Repairs and Spa Treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric Parlin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
There has been quite a few questions on here lately (and in emails to me) about what type of repairs we can do these days. So, I thought I would just post this out there for everyone as a reference.

Spa Treatment is basically replacing everything in a mod that ever needs replacing. We remove and replace the positive contact, the button, the spring, and the bottle, cap, and tube. While here, we also check to make sure the delrin insert is holding up well, along with all of the associated screws used in the assembly. The mod is cleaned to remove minor juice residue and reassembled and tested for functionality. Price for this service is $35 + return shipping.

510 Assembly Replacement is a great way to update an older mod with the newer adjustable stainless steel 510 assembly. The older mods were built with a brass 510 assembly that was not really adjustable, so there were often leaks and poor connections with the atomizers. To replace the older 510's, we drill out the old 510, clean the opening and press fit in the new 510. Price for this service is $25 + return shipping.

LP Conversion involves us milling down the well area on a standard profile mod to make the well shallower, allowing for a wider variety of atomizers to work with the mod. The milling process ends up removing the paint and approximately 2.75mm of height on the well, leaving the top of the well a "shiny" aluminum finish. Price for this service is $20 + return shipping.

Woodvils: For 2015 Woodvils, we can do the Spa treatment. On older Woodvils, I am happy to look at them, but there is limited work that I can comfortably do on them. I can't convert them to LP or flat tops, nor can I replace the buttons, 510 assemblies or wiring on the older Woodvils. There's just too great of a chance of me messing up or breaking the mod. And that would make us both very sad.

For all repair work, just send the mod (without the juice bottle, cap and tube) to us at the new shop address:

ReosMods
Attn: Repairs (Eric)
216 E. Collins Road
Fort Wayne, IN 46825

Please include a note indicating what problem(s) you are having and what you would like done to your mod, along with a return address, phone number, and email. We will take a look at the mod, prepare a PayPal invoice and get your mod fixed asap.

I hope this info helps!

Eric

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I may have a challenge for you. I have one of the original variable voltage Grands and the firing button broke on it. I understand there was a issue with the original buttons and Rob switched over to a different type. Do you still have some of them? How much to get it replaced?

Thanks!

I have a pristine OG VV Grand with the small recessed button that all still works flawlessly (although I rarely vape it anymore). IIRC Rob told me around 3 years ago that he didn't have any spare parts for it at all. I have no idea about the other external button that was used on VVG's. Only Eric will know for sure.

nightcrew.jpg

Last edited:

Obi Wan Vapori

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2013
Saco,ME,USA
I have a pristine OG VV Grand with the small recessed button that all still works flawlessly (although I rarely vape it anymore). IIRC Rob told me around 3 years ago that he didn't have any spare parts for it at all. I have no idea about the other external button that was used on VVG's. Only Eric will know for sure.QUOTE]

Mine I believe is older than that. It has the black button with a chrome ring on it. I am hoping that he has one like the REO in the middle of your picture that will work.

Eric Parlin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I may have a challenge for you. I have one of the original variable voltage Grands and the firing button broke on it. I understand there was a issue with the original buttons and Rob switched over to a different type. Do you still have some of them? How much to get it replaced?

Thanks!
We are pretty much finished unpacking every box from the move. I have not found any of the buttons for the VV Grands. I'm talking with Rob later today, so I will ask him as well and post the answer out here.

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
We are pretty much finished unpacking every box from the move. I have not found any of the buttons for the VV Grands. I'm talking with Rob later today, so I will ask him as well and post the answer out here.

It would be nice of him to give you the specs on it so maybe one can source a compatible switch.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Mine I believe is older than that. It has the black button with a chrome ring on it. I am hoping that he has one like the REO in the middle of your picture that will work.

That bigger button is the later model.. the tiny button is the earlier model.

FWIW... Some VV Grand prototype pictures I saved from Karen's old Reo Timeline thread that unfortunately is no longer intact... with the dates she assigned to them. I went back and checked the broken thread and they were added to that thread on 2/12/2012.

All of these pictures are labeled as VV Grand prototypes. Shows both button options in the same time period.

1/11/2012
2012-01-11 VV Grand Prototype a.jpg

1/11/2012
2012-01-11 VV Grand Prototype b.jpg

1/15/2012
2012-01-15 VV Grand Prototype b.jpg

1/15/2012
2012-01-15 VV Grand Prototype.jpg

1/19/2012
2012-01-19 VV Grand Prototype.jpg

1/20/2012
2012-01-20 VV Grand Prototype.jpg

Last edited:

Obi Wan Vapori

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2013
Saco,ME,USA
No it's the button. The thing sticks and I have to fight with it to get it to stop firing. More than once I had to use the on/off switch to shut it down. At first I thought it was gunked up with dried juice but I cleaned it out good with alcohol and it still does it. I believe the return spring inside broke because when it does free up it's all sloppy and rattles, it was not like that before. Found some buttons online that might work. Going to have to do some measuring to see if they fit. Have a feeling most will be too big.

Reactions: ENAUD

Xbbjlv7

Moved On
Sep 22, 2017
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: New identity of previously banned member
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread