Status
Not open for further replies.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
I saw a Joe Cocker show from backstage years ago. That was an experience. After every number, he would walk off stage and throw up into the trashcan that stagehands kept just out of sight. I enjoyed the show but frankly, that was a bit distracting. :blush:
Joe was beautifully distracting onstage as well... It would seem he had a great sense of humor as he said this was one of the greatest moments on stage of his performing career. There doesn't seem to be a complete video of the skit that I can find this morning but here's a mash up...

Without a doubt one of his best songs. Though he wasn't the best singer or guitar player, he was definitely one of the best poets of my generation and put music to what he wrote that just seemed to work!! His legacy has influenced many musicians to this day and in almost all musical genre's. He's still doing it after all these years as well as he did well over 40 years ago. This is what I think was one of his best songs he ever wrote...

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Now, that is a bombastic recording of Layla!!! Does it get any better than that? Clapton and Duane Allman - wow!

Yeah, from one of my favorite albums of all time. Can you imagine the music, that would have been produced from them, if Duane had not died? :nun:

KAS

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Yeah, from one of my favorite albums of all time. Can you imagine the music, that would have been produced from them, if Duane had not died? :nun:

KAS

The sounds that Duane Allman could get out of a guitar were nothing short of supernatural. I love Stevie Ray too, but Duane was Duane.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
How's the saying go... "If you remember you weren't there."
Obviously not a true saying

I never saw a concert or anything, but I know I have that album in some form or other. I got interested when I was really into Hendrix, shortly after that Stevie Ray made the scene, and I forgot about it. There are a bunch of concerts that I went to, that I wish I could remember. :oops:

KAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread