Status
Not open for further replies.

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
The flaw with that statement is that Reos were NOT the first commercially sold squonk mods. The juice Box by Carlos Aguiar was and dates back to 2009 (before the Reos). The Reos are however the first commercially successful squonk mod.

Yup fully aware of that. Though reosmods put bf mods on the map so I still think of the reo as the OH.

I believe the first one used a needle sticking up into the bottom of a atty. You could imagine how much that leaked.

I owned some wood box mods with the sane design.. cant remember the makers name.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Actually, I think it was either Missy's Wetbox or the Old Goat mod that was the original bottom feeder but Rob created the 1st one that didn't leak all over you!!

Now, "Missy's Wetbox" would be a mod that I might be reluctant to fool with.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Okay...

* removed clone reference (felt "unReonautian")
* left OG Squonk (OG meaning "an original", not "THE original", which may be contentious)
* added web site address
* added "snik squonk puff" phrase as reference to ease of use (and to capture the iconic sound the door makes)

REOSwag8.png

MsLoud

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
Okay...

* removed clone reference (felt "unReonautian")
* left OG Squonk (OG meaning "an original", not "THE original", which may be contentious)
* added web site address
* added "snik squonk puff" phrase as reference to ease of use (and to capture the iconic sound the door makes)

View attachment 689315
Love this one the best...Nuf Said - awesome.

Sent from my 5049W using Tapatalk

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I agree!

If 'est 2008' is in reference to the Reos, it is beyond contentious, it's wrong.

I have a picture of the very first true bottom fed mod Rob ever made. It's his improved interpretation of the JuiceBox. But it's still a long ways from being the first ever true bottom fed mods that used standard atomizers... the Reos.
(And a pic of a first prototype Reo received by a gent for review on 4/9/10)

(I also have the story on the Juice Box that I may start a thread about.)

Last edited:

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Where are we getting the date of 2008? Rob joined ECF in Feb. of 2010. His first offering and the opening of his Reosmods site was in March of 2010.

:) was a quick guess that I threw out there expecting to be quickly corrected by someone that knew but it stuck so figured it was right lol. My bad.. just was suggesting using the established date phrase.

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut
A work in progress; I need to add a Reo to the hand or do something else to it possibly but I've reached my limitations with Microsoft paint. I think maybe I'll make the whole helmet blacked out

Attachments

• IMG_3317.PNG
    IMG_3317.PNG
    444.4 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Well I tried @Papa_Lazarou keeps turning them out lol I got a cool new avatar now and hopefully one day I'll put a grand in its hand haha

Hey, brother - you got the idea of space themes in my head, so thanks for that. If it's okay with you, I was thinking of another to directly plays off of your helmet reflection idea.

I'm just trying to rally some talk/feedback (which has already helped shape the above). They're not really 'mine', anyway - they're just a scratch pad for the whole town (hmmm... Reoville is another theme worth exploring).

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut
Hey, brother - you got the idea of space themes in my head, so thanks for that. If it's okay with you, I was thinking of another to directly plays off of your helmet reflection idea.

I'm just trying to rally some talk/feedback (which has already helped shape the above). They're not really 'mine', anyway - they're just a scratch pad for the whole town (hmmm... Reoville is another theme worth exploring).

I'm on board with whatever you want to do. :thumb:

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Well I tried @Papa_Lazarou keeps turning them out lol I got a cool new avatar now and hopefully one day I'll put a grand in its hand haha
It's all about collaboration. It takes a village.....

I'm liking all the ideas....some of us are just sitting back and watching what you fellas are coming up with. (And I like your new avatar....)

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Couple others for fun...

1) slotted SL door
2) Warhol treatment

View attachment 689373 View attachment 689375
I like the Warhol treatment...especially since many of us LOVE the color options (See my avatar....) but on the writing, instead of "snik, squonk, puff...'nuf said" part, I'd rather it say, "squonk, puff, repeat...'nuf said". Not all of us play with the doors. But more to the point, I think that it might imply we have to raise the door to squonk. Or, worse, nobody would even know what "snik" might mean. Of course everybody knows what squonk means....

Just my 2¢

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread