p67 feed tube problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey thanks for all your suggestions guys...

i have two authentic reos: a '14 grand with old gold contacts/feed tube, and a new p67. i've only bought rm2s, and a couple of atomizer clones (to see what i like and what i might want to spend the big bucks on) recently since rm2s weren't available the last time i checked.

i did cut the v in the bottom of the tube before the problem began as i am using standard 6ml "old style" reo bottles, no pre-cut v there.

i have just gotten used to checking on the tube periodically to make sure it's staying on the nipple so i don't spray my life with juice! the tube just naturally edges off the nipple and slumps into the bottle as i squonk over the course of the day. i do eventually wear a hole in the tube from the nipple pushoff/my fingernail, so i'll probably have to buy extra tube as i have had to shorten this tube several times now as holes form in the top. thanks for trying to help! here's what my little guy looks like after about three hours. it was very close to the top of the nipple just a couple hours ago.

Attachments

• IMG_2053.JPG
    IMG_2053.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut
hey thanks for all your suggestions guys...

i have two authentic reos: a '14 grand with old gold contacts/feed tube, and a new p67. i've only bought rm2s, and a couple of atomizer clones recently since rm2s weren't available the last time i checked.

i did cut the v in the bottom of the tube before the problem began as i am using standard 6ml "old style" reo bottles, no pre-cut v there.

i have just gotten used to checking on the tube periodically to make sure it's staying on the nipple so i don't spray my life with juice! the tube just naturally edges off the nipple and slumps into the bottle as i squonk over the course of the day. i do eventually wear a hole in the tube from the nipple pushoff/my fingernail, so i'll probably have to buy extra tube as i have had to shorten this tube several times now as holes form in the top. thanks for trying to help! here's what my little guy looks like after about three hours. it was very close to the top of the nipple just a couple hours ago.
That tube is way too short. You’ll need another for sure.

FatBill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
CT
yes as MsLoud said.... the tube should touch delrin insert (might not be delrin on new mods)...get a new feed tube.
Install on your mod.....make sure it touches delrin insert....all the way up....now it will be a lot longer than you need on the bottom....trim off excess so it just hits the bottom of mod....cut a inverted v on bottom of tube....then push bottom of tube thru your cap...pull cap up and install full bottle. You'll be in great shape.
Years ago Rob put just a speck of crazy glue on top of feed tube near delrin insert so it would stay on the smaller nipple. But I've never used it with the new style Im sure you have on your p67.
Also looking at your pic......you might be able to get away with just pushing your tube farther up on the connection....I don't like to have the feed tube bent around inside the bottle. I've had your problem before a new tube was the fix. As you found out use blunt tweezers (I use ones that have pieces of an old tube around the tongs of tweezers)

Last edited:

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut
I’m thinking the tube was pulling off because you didn’t have it pushed up high enough on the nipple but also because you had excess tubing in the bottle. I would start with a new tube. Push it as high as it will go on the nipple than cut it so it’s flush with the base of the p67 then notch your inverted “v”

yeah the picture was of what it does naturally after a few hours after i've properly installed a tube with a v on the bottom. the tube is pushed all the way to the top of the nipple but after a few hours the tube slinks off the nipple by itself and into the bottle and starts squirting juice.

i'll put a new tube in again today.

thanks for trying to help me with this! you guys are the best.

Reactions: ENAUD

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
yeah the picture was of what it does naturally after a few hours after i've properly installed a tube with a v on the bottom. the tube is pushed all the way to the top of the nipple but after a few hours the tube slinks off the nipple by itself and into the bottle and starts squirting juice.

i'll put a new tube in again today.

thanks for trying to help me with this! you guys are the best.
Hope the new tube solves your issues, that is weird that it just works itself off. Just a thought, have you tried a different attie on this mod, and was the pressure required to squonk similar? Your issue seems to be rather unique, in that you did have the V cut on the squonk tube and all. Me, I like the tubes to be a tiny bit long, with the v cut, so that the tube is bottomed out in the bottle, and the extra length offers a bit of positive pressure towards the nipple to keep it in place, but then again, once the tube is in place, it requires a lot of force to remove it, as it has a very snug fit onto the new style 510 nipple...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread