Fire and Ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ariel

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2009
Spatula City
I was chatting with a friend yesterday, and we got on the topic of juice flavors, and from that came up with this idea for something like the cinnamon mint liqueur. I mixed it up today, and it turned out WAY better than I hoped.

Here's the recipe for 6 ml, 24 mg strength:

Add to syringe in this order:

2.50 ml glycerin
5 drops menthol base (instructions follow)
0.10 ml cinnamon oil (Lorann's)
1 drop spearmint essential oil
0.40 ml PGA
3.00 ml 48 mg unflavored base

Shake and vape. :vapor:

If the mint flavor isn't *quite* strong enough for you, another drop of menthol base should do the trick.

Before I get complaints/comments about the oils, I'd like to say that I've been blending juices using oils for about 15 months now, and I have yet to have an atty die on me. The single atty that's died on me since I started vaping about 18 months ago had nothing to do with vaping a blend with oil in it. There's not enough oil in my blends to cause a problem, so long as the vaper is willing to maintain those atties properly. ^shrug^ YMMV.

I can't remember who posted instructions on making menthol base, but it was somewhere on ECF and is ridiculously easy to do. (Thanks to whoever came up with this.) Here's a brief refresher:

Crush menthol crystals in a double plastic bag until powdery.
Fill a dropper bottle with the crushed crystals.
Add PGA into bottle until crystals dissolve and the bottle is full.
Cap the bottle and shake while running under hot water. Shake until crystals are totally dissolved, about 2 min.

LuckyLulu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2010
Florida
You are Lucky Lulu...you DIY:)
Let me know how it is, I may have to buy supplies and try this, this flavor sounds right up my ally!
I try :D
I actually prefer my own mixes to "store bought" now. I do not have spearmint (I have it on order from PA) but i'm going to try it with peppermint. If it's any good I'll send you some. I'll let you know!

Ariel

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2009
Spatula City
I hope you two like it as much as me. The spearmint essential oil is something I picked up at the local health food store (Whole Foods is a good example). It's one of the cheapest oils available.

This recipe mutated from one where I just wanted to tweak the menthol a bit, and added a drop of the spearmint to the menthol blend.

The proportions for that are 6 drops of menthol base to 1 drop of spearmint oil, with 0.50 ml of PGA instead of 0.40 ml. The other measurements stay the same.

I'm considering trying wintergreen EO, and maybe combining the two with 5 drops of menthol to 1 drop of each of those oils.

(Wintergreen oil is cheap too.)

DIY is so much fun, and working in small batches means if one batch doesn't quite work out, it's not a huge loss. I've certainly dumped my share of hideously untasty batches. :laugh:

For further consideration, 1 drop of lavender EO adds a lovely dimension to many of the fruit-flavored DIY blends. My blog has more recipes.

Last edited:

proudlion

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2010
Winter Haven, FL
I got a bottle of Fire and Ice from Vaporbomb.com and haven't been able to put it down yet. AWESOME TH and flavor. I will mix up your recipe tomorrow.

my first ever bottle of Mutt's Fire 'n Ice from VaporBomb arrived today and it's like crack to me - I, too, cannot put it down. I smoked menthol, mostly Kools and Newports, for many years.

I haven't attempted DIY yet, don't even have the supplies, but your recipe sounds wonderful

48lowes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2009
illinoize
Ariel said:
I can't remember who posted instructions on making menthol base, but it was somewhere on ECF and is ridiculously easy to do. (Thanks to whoever came up with this.)
Scubabatdan is one. You should download his e-juice calculator at the bottom of all his posts.
View Profile: Scubabatdan - E-Cigarette Forum

JonnyVapΣ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2010
Rochester NY
I just drop the menthol crystals into whatever bottle I'm using then warm it under hot tap water. Takes about 3-5 minutes to dissolve once warmed. Or, if I'm whipping up a quick "vape-o-the-day" bottle in the morning, I just drop a couple crystals in the bottle then put it in my pocket. By the time I get to work they're dissolved. I don't take exact measurements when making juice for myself, kinda like the way I cook, pinch of this, dash of that...lol.

DawnsDone

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Derry NH
This sounds fantastic. However I don't have the exact flavors. I have F Apprentice in: Cinnamon Redhots, Peppermint and Menthol Liquid. This is my very first diy juice. Any suggestions on how to make your recipe from my flavors?

I was thinking leaving it as is but I don't know the difference between the menthol your using and the liquid one I ordered. And maybe since my cinnamon is red hot type I should decrease it a bit?

I hope I can do it because this sounds great!

Rosco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2010
KCMO:>)
I got a bottle of Fire and Ice from Vaporbomb.com and haven't been able to put it down yet. AWESOME TH and flavor. I will mix up your recipe tomorrow.

I have to agree. This stuff is so "right on" if you like cinnamon and menthol. I smoked Kool's for 40 years and wasn't totally into cinnamon, but this stuff is gooooooood. :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread