REO Mini vs Reo Grande

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorkingDawg

Oct 24, 2010
Connecticut
Good Morning Everyone,

Being a Newbie to this forum, I guess that I'm only allowed to post my questions in here.

I've been doing a lot of research on this site looking for a new PV. From everything that I've read, I had it narrowed down to just 2, the Reo Mini and the R&R Manufacturing Ali'i. Out of these 2, I'm definitely leaning a lot more towards the Mini because of it's size and durability. Then I read about the new Reo Grande coming out, which has a lot more versatility in bottle size and battery configuration. But that is about all of the information that I could find out about the Grande. I skimmed through the Reo's Grand opening forum, but couldn't find much there with limited time to sift through all of the conversations.

Does anyone have more specific details about the Grande?
What are the dimensions compared to the Mini?
Does anyone have any pictures of it?
What colors will it be available in during the initial launch?

Any information or assistance would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks - Sean

harpo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Yuba City, California
It's built the same as the mini except it uses different batteries and it's larger. It uses a 6ml bottle instead of a 3ml bottle. If you're looking for a mod that will last all day without changing batteries or refilling your juice go with the Grand. If you want something small and sleek go with the mini just be prepared to carry extra batteries and juice if you're a heavy vaper.

doubledown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2010
Columbia, SC
Does anyone have more specific details about the Grande?
What are the dimensions compared to the Mini?
Does anyone have any pictures of it?
What colors will it be available in during the initial launch?

Any information or assistance would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks - Sean

Per the thread which is about as long as the bible now:
K dimensions I don't think I ever posted them Height minus the well 3-3/8 strong by 1 and 11/16 strong.strong is 1/32 for those of you that don't talk the talk.

Colors are supposed to be same as mini except I think he said no blue. At initial launch I know he is planning for black and polished but think the other colors may be available as well.

Picture:
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm312/redeyedancer/Grande.jpg

All the info you need is in the thread it just takes time, LOL, alot of time to find. I have a mini and absolutely love it and Robert's excellent customer service. It is one purchase I don't think any vaper would regret. And, yes, I'm getting a Grande too :)

Oh and welcome to the forum and vaping. If you are just starting out you are headed in the right direction. I skipped over the 510s and 808s when I started too. Wanted an Ali'i or REO mini. Both are beautiful and excellent and backed by solid people. While waiting for them to be released I got an EGO and it too is a great starter device. The REO mini in my experience is very easy to use, no mess, well made, vapes GREAT, and is wonderful for the beginner or experienced vaper.

Last edited:

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Here is a photo of all three REO mods

1. Wood REO 18650/6ml 2. REO Grand 18650/6ml 3. REO mini 14500/3ml

All are wonderful mods. each has it place in my line up (REO Grand will me here soon)

I have tryed both the REO and the Ali'i and IMO I find the REO mods better for me but each is to there own. I have more Photos if you would like to see the insid of the REO Mini. :)

WoodREOREOGrandandREOMini.jpg

WorkingDawg

Oct 24, 2010
Connecticut
I started with the Joye 510s almost 2 weeks ago, but quickly found that I need something better to help me kick the "analog" habit for good. I've been smoking just over a pack of Marlboros, per day, for over 15 years now. The Joye has helped quite a bit by getting me to cut down to smoking only 2 or 3 regular cigarettes daily. Being a Restaurant Manager, I'm usually on the go for about 10 to 12 hours each day,and I don't always have the extra time needed to switch the batteries and refill the juice cartridges. That is why I was looking for a PV which could survive being kept in my pocket, and would last the entire day without any extra fuss. From everything that I read, these aluminum REOs seem to be exactly what I'm looking for!

Tomi

Sep 7, 2009
Germany
I have tryed both the REO and the Ali'i and IMO I find the REO mods better for me but each is to there own. I have more Photos if you would like to see the insid of the REO Mini. :)

Please post some more pics
its interesting how its build inside
Im still not sure what to buy
The Reo mini or Grand or the Ali i
Im not sure if the wood is tough enough for everyday use
I am a heavy smoker and want to use my next mod
the whole day.
What do you think its better?

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
Here is a photos of the inside of the Mini, The Grand will be built the same.

MiniREO9-30-2010002.jpg

Please post some more pics
its interesting how its build inside
Im still not sure what to buy
The Reo mini or Grand or the Ali i
Im not sure if the wood is tough enough for everyday use
I am a heavy smoker and want to use my next mod
the whole day.
What do you think its better?

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion

WorkingDawg

Oct 24, 2010
Connecticut
From everything that I've read in these forums over the past week, I'm sold on the REOs. I just REALLY hope that I'll be able to get one when they go on sale this week!

By using the 510, I've cut down smoking regular cigarettes from just over a pack a day, to just over a pack a week. I would really like to fully quit using the "analogs", but it is just too difficult sometimes having to change batteries and cartridges when you have a very limited amount of time to sneak outside at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread