Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Our bottles look different here,
651d1265203931-humco.jpg

but that looks like the stuff to me.

JBWoody

ECF Veteran
I am in South West Florida, and our Wal-mart never heard of it, can't order it, and doesn't know why it is available in some other places? I actually called corporate head quarters only to be routed back to my local store manager who has no clue? I found it a local health food store. Found Stevia liquid concentrate there too:)

Not trying to be a naysayer, but I recall reading that the Humco brand was Glycerin and not vegetable glycerin. and that it had caused some folks some issues.

I saw the Humco brand but kept looking and found NOW brand Vegetable Glycerin at a local health store

Nyxie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2009
Port Richey, Fl.
Not trying to be a naysayer, but I recall reading that the Humco brand was Glycerin and not vegetable glycerin. and that it had caused some folks some issues.

I saw the Humco brand but kept looking and found NOW brand Vegetable Glycerin at a local health store

I personally have a problem with vg when I use more then 20%. I have all the symptoms people tell other people about pg allergy when my juice has more then 20% VG. So it could be the glycerin , or it could be those people have a vg allergy in general. just an opinion.
There is a big long thread somewhere in the forum about VG. In that thread there was a link to some vg info and basically it said Glycerin is all Vegetable based. Or something like that. They specify to make sure that the glycerin says usp on it, that is the pharmaceutical grade. Food grade is not the same as usp although some food grade vg's are usp.

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
I am in South West Florida, and our Wal-mart never heard of it, can't order it, and doesn't know why it is available in some other places? I actually called corporate head quarters only to be routed back to my local store manager who has no clue? I found it a local health food store. Found Stevia liquid concentrate there too:)

At my Walmart in Michigan, I couldn't find it, so I asked an employee. She said they didn't have it but asked another employee. That employee found it on the shelf above the rubbing alcohol products. It's in a 6-ounce bottle called Glycerin, with the brand name of Humco listed at the bottom of the bottle. Sells for $3, and I believe all Walmarts should have it. I've seen it in three Walmarts in my area, all on the same shelf...in the pharmacy section.

This bottle of Glycerin is VG (vegetable glycerine) and has the USP to the right of the word Glycerin. I've been using it with no problems for the last six weeks.

Last edited:

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
I believe you all, however my local wal-mart said if it's not on their ordering sheet, they can't get it. Unless, I can find a upc# or find it on there website? So, again, if you can find it on the website, please post a link:) Thanks for all the input!

The UPC# on my bottle under the bar code is: 03951 03196

Heartbskts

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2010
Ohio
Found Stevia liquid concentrate there too
Is this what you would use to DIY to sweeten your juice a little? I just tasted my VG and it does have a sweet taste already to it. I am interested in learning to DIY, so was just wondering......also, I think I read somewhere that Lorann's marshmallow helps sweeten too?? Sorry- a little off subject here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread