• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Florida Panhandle check in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Florida is a BIG state. Nearly 900 miles by road from the Northwestern extreme to Key West. Our state has the 4th largest population out of the 50 states. But, let's face it, the panhandle is pretty well removed from the rest of the state's population centers.
We're an outpost, viewed as the boondocks by the rest of the state. :p
Map_of_Florida_Panhandle.88122324_std.jpg
Actually, that map extends the Panhandle further Eastward than I would. But, let's be liberal.

Here are our major communities (according to wikipedia)

• Apalachicola
  • Blountstown
  • Callaway
  • Cedar Grove
  • Crestview
  • DeFuniak Springs
  • Destin
  • Fort Walton Beach
  • Gulf Breeze
  • Lynn Haven
  • Marianna

• Milton
  • Niceville
  • Panama City
  • Panama City Beach
  • Pensacola
  • Quincy
  • Springfield
  • Tallahassee
  • Valparaiso
I live in Panama City.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Looks like it's just you and me Wench, heh.

Naw, RIMP should sign in shortly. And then there's djones6254, boochips, Yankee802, Twilightmom (at least I know RIMP is still active).

It would be neat if the Panhandle had enough interest to organize our own meetups ... I think so anyway.

It's a thought.

laurel099

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Well it sounds like you guys have enough to get a meet planned....If you start, more will come :)

First meets I went to there was like 6-8 people, last meet we had 30 and were missing a few regulars. Each time a few more join in.

If you get a date planned post it here, on Vapersplace calendar and whatever other forums you visit as well. I'm crossing my fingers for you guys to get a group going up there, good fun!!

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Well it sounds like you guys have enough to get a meet planned....If you start, more will come :)
Hoping for a few more. So far, five counting myself and HzG8rl (who didn't give her hometown, ahem!).

Maybe a weekend breakfast and coffee? Visit a State Park? I dunno. My car group gets together and we check out each others mods and talk cars.
Do y'all do the same (replace 'cars' with 'pvs'?).

But, that's really the whole point of a check in. Put our heads together and come up with some ideas, ya know? Come on guys & gals.

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
Hoping for a few more. So far, five counting myself and HzG8rl (who didn't give her hometown, ahem!).

Maybe a weekend breakfast and coffee? Visit a State Park? I dunno. My car group gets together and we check out each others mods and talk cars.
Do y'all do the same (replace 'cars' with 'pvs'?).

But, that's really the whole point of a check in. Put our heads together and come up with some ideas, ya know? Come on guys & gals.

Pft-St Johns. I am out of the range you gave. Although I would do all I could to attend a get together.
I have replaced all cosmetics, clothing, shoes, purses and coloring my hair for pv purchases. LOL
Really, I have.

Last edited:

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Pft-Duval County. I am out of the range you gave. Although I would do all I could to attend a get together.
I'm sure nobody would hold it against you, if you chose to drive the extra mile(s). You know, that's 300+ ... you'd probably win the prize! :)
I have replaced all cosmetics, clothing, shoes, purses and coloring my hair for pv purchases. LOL
Really, I have.
Wow, clothes too, huh? It's a good thing we're in Florida. :p

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
I'm sure nobody would hold it against you, if you chose to drive the extra mile(s). You know, that's 300+ ... you'd probably win the prize! :)
Wow, clothes too, huh? It's a good thing we're in Florida. :p

I seem to always be driving somewhere.
Florida does make it easier to not have a whole lot of clothing!

laurel099

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
You don't want to know..... it's scary!! ROFL!

Honestly our meets have been usually a barrel of laughs! Many people bring their tackle boxes of stuff, share liquids...show off latest mods. We bring alcohol wipes to sterilize if anyone wants to share/try a device. Many times we trade juices, give away stuff. If any new vapers are in the group they usually get to see more devices and juice than ever before. People answer questions or share tips, tricks they've picked up. The new vapers usually then can't wait for the next meet.

Usually some food & drink are flowing. When we get prizes either donated from members or suppliers we raffle them off at the meets as well.

We usually find a place with food/drink that is vape friendly...post date/time/place on all the forums, vapersplace, etc.

I know I look forward to the meets...good fun! Would love to see more Florida meetups get going too!

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Alrighty then. It's been one week since I opened this thread.
I count nine people aboard. Here's the roster so far ...

boochips
ED-209
Iamfoltzy
HzG8rGrl
Krazirob
NCC
RIMP
Wench
Yankee802

Shall we let the thread ride a while longer and hope for more people to discover it and check in?

Or, would someone like to make suggestions for possible dates, locations, activities, etc.?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread