ZFM cart mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawn L.

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2010
Oklahoma
I was looking at the ZFM Vapor website and they're selling some carts with a yellow foam looking thing that has a straw. Has good reviews on the website, supposed to keep the atty wet while allowing every drop of liquid to be dispensed out of the cart. Wondered if this works or if anyone has tried it? I drip mostly but I'm hating the new Joye cartos so I'd like to be able to have a cart filled and ready to go when I'm driving. Any input would be appreciated.

Dawn L.

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2010
Oklahoma

Awesome!! I'll look forward to your initial review. I'm having trouble with cartridges keeping my atty wet so I'd like to know how it performs in that aspect, and also whether or not it leaks?

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
Awesome!! I'll look forward to your initial review. I'm having trouble with cartridges keeping my atty wet so I'd like to know how it performs in that aspect, and also whether or not it leaks?

The problem I had with the premade was they where to tight in my ego 510 carts. This would not allow the juice to drip, cut the caps so they fit in carts just a little loose.

I bought a silicon pad that is for use in microwave for a dollar. A belt punch for 5 bucks at harbor freight. A package of 100 straws for a buck. I had a stamp pad. Used an empty cart on stamp pad and stamped the silicon sheet. Then cut out with scissors. I am a heavy vapor, no leaks and attys does not get dry till cart empty

Last edited:

Dawn L.

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2010
Oklahoma
straw supports the whole plug from being pushed down into the cart by the atty bridge - you cut the straw just shorter than the cart length.

plug hole needs to touch the top of the atty bridge so you get a "seal" and the juice is only allowed to wick thru the bridge mesh.

So I wonder if an X cut would work, so when the atty pushed up on the X cut it would open up just however much it needed? Sorry, I'm a woman and DIY isn't normally my thing, but my husband isn't a vaper so he's no help at all and I really need a good cart mod. And I'm not asking out of laziness, I searched the forum for different mods and some don't seem to work well, and others basically require some sort of science degree to even figure it out! LOL

nubee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
IL, USA
I believe some have tried the 'X' approach with hit/miss success.

I think the issue with an 'X' is that not enough fluid reaches the bridge mesh and you don't get the wicking you really want/need - it isn't like a latern wick so the ejuice doesn't move all that fast.

Some of this too depends on the thickness of your juice (PG vs. VG) and the hi/low setup of your bridge.

Like most things vaper.....matter of taste (trial/error) :D

Dawn L.

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2010
Oklahoma
Hmmm, I see. I guess I'll just get a bunch of stuff gathered and try various methods until I find something that works. Maybe an X cut with a hole in the middle so that if the hole wasn't big enough, the atty pushing up on it would make it bigger...eh, who knows! I saw one with some sort of mold, wire mesh surrounding it, a BB to make an indentation, some sort of funnel, a vent hole, all that is just too technical for me. I'll try and figure out what works for me....Or just keep dripping, might be easier. LOL Also waiting to see what Throbinskin says about his ZFM. Thanks for the all of the info, I might just build the next great cart mod! haha, doubt it!

throbinskin

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2010
San Diego
Ok Dawn.... I have been using the ZFM Carts from ZFM vapors. And yes they work great.... I ordered the combo kit and also some extra plugs just in case. I have only used the H cut on my eGo and WOW works perfect. I am new to this all and within the first week of vaping I was already using the blue foam spring mod.... That would get messy and works just fine. But, I new when my cart was empty because of a burnt taste. I would even get a burnt taste with the blue foam didn't wick fast enough with my constant vaping. With this mod ( ZFM) I have not experienced any burnt taste. It is easy to refill and easy to figure out.... Within 40 minutes I had it down ( I didn't have to suck too hard as I would in the past because the atomizer seemed clogged.) If I were you.... Just order a combo kit with the straw and all. This kit is perfectly cut as I would not be able to do the perfect cuts. I will be getting some straws from Walmart for the other plugs... Once you order it you will be happy! Save your self time and wasted juice and order one - YOU WILL LOVE IT!

Dawn L.

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2010
Oklahoma
Ok Dawn.... I have been using the ZFM Carts from ZFM vapors. And yes they work great.... I ordered the combo kit and also some extra plugs just in case. I have only used the H cut on my eGo and WOW works perfect. I am new to this all and within the first week of vaping I was already using the blue foam spring mod.... That would get messy and works just fine. But, I new when my cart was empty because of a burnt taste. I would even get a burnt taste with the blue foam didn't wick fast enough with my constant vaping. With this mod ( ZFM) I have not experienced any burnt taste. It is easy to refill and easy to figure out.... Within 40 minutes I had it down ( I didn't have to suck too hard as I would in the past because the atomizer seemed clogged.) If I were you.... Just order a combo kit with the straw and all. This kit is perfectly cut as I would not be able to do the perfect cuts. I will be getting some straws from Walmart for the other plugs... Once you order it you will be happy! Save your self time and wasted juice and order one - YOU WILL LOVE IT!

Cool, thanks for the review. I'll probably order the combo pack and also do the silicone pad cut-out just because I'm one of those people who has to try everything in order to find out whats best! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread