USPS delivered my package to the wrong place!

Status
Not open for further replies.

donei

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2009
Baltimore, MD
Sometimes I have to wonder about the US Postal Service.

My bestecig.com package was delivered to a place called Grace Chemical. Luckily for me the person who received it called me and I went there to pick it up. (On a side note, the guy had the same last name as mine. Turns out his great grandfather is my husband's uncle. Crazy, huh?)

Anyway, my first package from China came last week and tracking on USPS says that they left a card in my mailbox and they are holding for pick-up.

I wish the USPS would get their act together because according to their tracking, I've not received either of my packages.

Happy vaping,
-d

cherrypopwizkid

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2009
Chesterfield Virginia, USA
I'm having shipping problems to and I haven't even gotten my first e-cig yet. My SE 2.0 was shipped UPS allegedly but with the tracking number I was given the UPS website has no information. I'm not sure whose fault this is, UPS or SE. I'm getting ready to call them just need to let my phone charge.

cherrypopwizkid

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2009
Its UPS. On the company website when you log on and view your orders it gives you the UPS tracking number (1Z like you said) and a link that says track. You click it and it goes right to tracking your package. When that came up no such luck I figured the link was broken so I wrote down the number and tried it manually, they still had no information about my package.

donei

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2009
Baltimore, MD
Well that stinks. Hopefully you'll get it all straightened out when you call. Good luck.

I bought into the SE at the mall. It's way overpriced. Maybe you can cancel that order and get the same e-ccig from one of the online vendors cheaper? With the price difference you could get a starter kit and a lot of extras.

cherrypopwizkid

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2009
I know. But from everything I've heard here that sounds unlikely to happen. Quite frankly I just want something. I'm sick of waiting, I really really hate waiting for a package. I always start thinking "Who can I punch to make this go faster?" Its a situation-beyond-my-control-fustration thing.

I'll probably end up ordering a 901 in a few months, but I already ordered this SE so I'm going to use it. Because from what I've heard SE's returns and cancelations are nearly non-existant.

Walrus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Baton Rouge, LA
USPS isn't real-time tracking, it's just delivery confirmation. Sometimes it takes days for them to update it.

I do have a problem with them misdelivering mail all the time though... with all the mail I get that is supposed to go someplace else, I wonder how much of my own mail I'm not getting. Sometimes it's as simple as getting the neighbor's mail. Other times, its from someplace on the other side of the city... and I wonder WTF?

donei

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2009
Baltimore, MD
the Postal Goobers

HA! I like that, mind if I use the term??

The guy that my package was delivered to, said I ought to file a claim saying I never received my package. I'm just not like that. I did get what I paid for after all.

The thought did occur to me for a split second just so I can be a pain in the whoohoo to the post office but then, the paper pusher who I would be bothering has nothing to do with the persons responsible for the misdirection of the package. I'm just happy that I got my stash, even if I had to drive several miles out of my way to get it.

donei

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2009
Baltimore, MD
Walrus

If I got started on all the neighbor maill I receive, ya'll would be here all day, just reading. The very worst was one morning when I was leaving for work. On my top step was about 7 or 8 pieces of mail belonging to a lady several streets away. Yup, just laying there on my top step. That was the one and only time I took everything to the post office to file a complaint. Then they wouldn't LET me make an official complaint because it was NOT my mail. They scare me. I had to have my bank card sent to me three times because the first two never made it to my house.

Mr Davis is so right... Postal Goobers.

Jayisbored

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Brooklyn NY
I'm out 130 bucks cause USPS delivered to the wrong address. Not much i can do about it..No insurance so i loose. The 2 vendors cant help me because tracking says its been delivered. Glad someone was nice enough to call you...not so much in my case. I've been ordering from china this way a signature is needed...sadly some of the vendors on this board have been loosing out on my money.

cherrypopwizkid

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2009
Vendors should start using more reliable delivery services. UPS or FEDEX. I understand they aren't always perfect eithier but its better than USPS.

As for my order, I finally got through and found out my order sliped through the cracks of the system, and my product is on back order so it will be an extra 3 days before it will even be shipped. They through in an extra pack of cartridges for free for my trouble but seriously, thats not the issue. The problem with that is I ordered on Friday. I'm smoking analogs waiting for my PV to arrive. Thats three more packs of cigarettes before it even ships and between three and six more packs before it gets here.

Skad

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
Biloxi, MS
Vendors should start using more reliable delivery services. UPS or FEDEX. I understand they aren't always perfect eithier but its better than USPS.

I have to disagree with you there. USPS priority mail has been much faster for me then Fedex or UPS unless I'm actually paying for overnight service.
UPS ground is the bane of my existence. It took them a week to get me the last package I got from them, and it only had to go about 400 miles.

cherrypopwizkid

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2009
I think a lot of that though depends on your area. They are fairly fast here, but other places I've lived its been a lot slower and it doesn't seem to necissarily connect to rual vs. urban. HOWEVER. Despite them being slow, I have to say UPS has NEVER lost a package on me. USPS has. Better late than never.

taz3cat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2008
Port Arthur, Texas
Since I got a new mail carrier last year after complaining, I get my stuff a lot faster. The last mail carrier only delivered my packages on thursdays and she would post them as having been delivered. The post office has never lost a package yet. I am going to keep using EMS out of China because I have to sign for it, harder to lose a sign for package.

donei

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2009
Baltimore, MD
Neither one of my EMS packages were signed for. I asked the guy that received mine today and he said no one signed at his job, it was left with the rest of their mail.

My first EMS package that I received, was left in my door because no one was home when it was delivered. USPS tracking shows that they left a card and it's at the PO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread