Diluting ejuice (cutting nicotine in half)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smilyblue

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2010
NH
Still new to all of this and wasn't sure where to post this question.

So here we go.

I have 18mg nic ejuices and was hoping for input on how cut it in half diluting myself...I am on a smaller budget now and need to work with what I have. I currently have several 10ml bottles of many different flavors. I vape more at night and don't want the higher nic content cuz it's giving me headaches yet I still want to vape the same amount.

I was going to try the pure glycerine USP from CVS but not sure what I would do. Thinking I would go to a health store and get the Vegetable glycerine cuz I like smooth less throat hit....but still I am very clueless on what to do. Just too confused about the mixing deal...not sure I would ever go 100% DIY cuz of this...:?:

Any thoughts?

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
DIY is not that hard. If you want to cut the juice it is simple. Start small so you do not waste a whole bottle. Get a 3ml dropper bottle (or syringe) and fill w/1.5ml of base liquid then add 1.5 of VG or PG. That will bring your 18mg/ml juice to 9mg/ml. The issue with this is you will be losing flavor.

Check out the DIY section and read the stickies there is some useful info there.

I did the same, but drop by drop. I added the drops of VG and flavored Nic juice to my carts (alternating drops) and it smoothed out the vapor (PG kills me) and really didnt alter the flavor that much. (plus it gave a nice full vapor, I dont like the this PG vapor) Not really much more work when I do all my carts at once with the flavors I like.

Still new to all of this and wasn't sure where to post this question.

So here we go.

I have 18mg nic ejuices and was hoping for input on how cut it in half diluting myself...I am on a smaller budget now and need to work with what I have. I currently have several 10ml bottles of many different flavors. I vape more at night and don't want the higher nic content cuz it's giving me headaches yet I still want to vape the same amount.

I was going to try the pure glycerine USP from CVS but not sure what I would do. Thinking I would go to a health store and get the Vegetable glycerine cuz I like smooth less throat hit....but still I am very clueless on what to do. Just too confused about the mixing deal...not sure I would ever go 100% DIY cuz of this...:?:

Any thoughts?

It sounds like you have a sampler (they usually come in 18mg). Diluting is possible, but diluting too much will defiantly change the flavor. Personally, I wouldn't try to dilute lower than 12mg (1/3 PG or VG to 2/3 e-juice).

As far as I know Pure Glycerin is the same as Vegetable Glycerin, did you mean Propylene Glycol USP? VG runs a high risk of altering the flavor when too much is added. I understand not wanting a harsh throat hit, but personally I wouldn't go for a full VG. I found a 60/40 PG/VG mix is the best. If you can afford it I would buy both.

I know that CVS makes a Propylene Glycol USP (PG) but there has been some debate on weather or not it is safe. One side of the debate says all PG is the same and the vaping companies are just trying to make more money by telling us only their PG is safe to vape. The other side of the debate says the PG purchased from the ecig companies has been specially formulated to be safe for vaping. The decision to buy from CVS is a personal choice.

I would try mixing just a little bit at a time, slowly adding more PG/VG until the flavor changes. Make sure you wash and dry your cartos between recipes.

IMO ecigexpress.com has the best recipe calculator; e-Juice Calculator | ecigexpress
Your Base Nic Level will be 18mg, try a Target Nic Level of 12mg. Try a recipe of 1ml or less, and then select your VG mix. Hopefully this will help.

The last piece of advice I have for you is not to use the same dilution for all of your flavors. Each flavor will react differently.

Good luck and happy vaping.

smilyblue

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2010
NH
Thanks for all that responded. I did a lot reading on the DIY side and just decided on trying out Humco Glycerin, USP from Walmart. First I tried the drip one drop of glycerin on my atty in between ejuice drops. I didn't mind the flavor and loved the vape response. Then I took 1ml of glycerin and 1ml of ejuice to dilute. The taste was definitely less intense which was okay at first but then I noticed how thick the vaping became (if that makes sense). Almost like I had a thick film on my tongue or something, not liking that much. So I researched and looked on YouTube. I found someone to add alittle bit of volka or distalled water that is meant to thin it out a bit. I didn't try that...
After tonight, I am actually looking into the whole DIY deal and know that I can do it with practice. Right now I am still experimenting on what mixture I like of %of PG and/or VG. Half of my selection of ejuices are 50/50 and few others more PG then VG. So tonight I learned that I don't care for just straight up VG, too thick.

With that being said, I wonder what I should buy as my unflavored nic juice? 100% PG or 50/50? If I buy 100% PG then I would have to add VG for more vape. If I buy the 50/50 would that mean all I need to do is add flavoring and maybe volka/distalled water if I wanted?

Man...I think it's time for bed hee hee

Thanks for your time.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread