• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

LR attys and digitalciggz order

Status
Not open for further replies.

electrowoman

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
venezuela
before i could not tell the difference between a regular atty and LR atty. i REALLY think now that's a PS thing (that's where i got my LR atty, it came w/my eGo kit). i ordered from digitalciggz.com and decided to try the LR again. YES, now i can tell the difference between them. i'm not sure i'll order any more, as it seems like it just SUCKS down the juice so fast, but there is a definite boost in vapor performance on the eGo.

i remember someone else posting they thought maybe the LR attys from PS were just not LR? could be. there is a noticeable difference between the two company's LR attys.

a note about digitalcigz---very good CS, quick shipping, and they tossed in a nice, hot pink aluminum drip tip into the order for me just to be cool. which was VERY nice. their attys are 7.95, and shipping is very reasonable. will definitely order again from these guys.

Kilroy2.0

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2009
Madison, WI
before i could not tell the difference between a regular atty and LR atty. i REALLY think now that's a PS thing (that's where i got my LR atty, it came w/my eGo kit). i ordered from digitalciggz.com and decided to try the LR again. YES, now i can tell the difference between them. i'm not sure i'll order any more, as it seems like it just SUCKS down the juice so fast, but there is a definite boost in vapor performance on the eGo.

i remember someone else posting they thought maybe the LR attys from PS were just not LR? could be. there is a noticeable difference between the two company's LR attys.

a note about digitalcigz---very good CS, quick shipping, and they tossed in a nice, hot pink aluminum drip tip into the order for me just to be cool. which was VERY nice. their attys are 7.95, and shipping is very reasonable. will definitely order again from these guys.

Can you bring one on sat. I have LRs from PS and would love to see the difference?

thomas_mikel

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2010
Winterfell
L/R stands for low-resistance. If you use one on a 3.7 (standard) device, it mimics vaping at higher voltage, somwhere between 4-5 volts. You get a little more vapor, throat hit, and a little warmer vape.

ETA, it is the best way to try higher voltage vaping without buying an expensive mod. I use l/r attys on my protege and it is perfect.

SmokingRT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
YIPEE!!! Home at last
L/R stands for low-resistance. If you use one on a 3.7 (standard) device, it mimics vaping at higher voltage, somwhere between 4-5 volts. You get a little more vapor, throat hit, and a little warmer vape.

ETA, it is the best way to try higher voltage vaping without buying an expensive mod. I use l/r attys on my protege and it is perfect.
Thank you thomas....
I have to tell you all I am vaping since Wednesday and LOVIN every minute of it!!!!!!!!

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
I'm not sure about digitalciggz & the flavor shack.....

:offtopic:

..... but I just got some LR cartos today to use on my 3.7 wetbox, since it always seemed to hit soft.
WOW!! Those little puppies really brought that box to life!!

The supplier states that they're Ohm rated at 1.6 +/- 0.2, but they all checked out at anywhere from 2.1 - 2.4. I'm still going to write him about the variance, but in just the couple of hours I've had it on, I'm very impressed. It's even making my eGo feel whimpy.

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
wimpy you say? is this the nifty little device you let me try that has the toggle between 3.7 and 5?

No, that was Peg's Fist Pack, which is also known as a variable voltage unit.

The wetbox is my little grey device that has the bottle below the carto. The top of the bottle has a needle that extends up into the atty/carto. After a few hits, you squeeze the bottle and it puts a drop into the carto.
Getting it is what put me on a carto search & nothing was really giving me the kind of hit the eGo does.....until now LOL

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
i think i want that variable voltage unit. i did very much like the 5v hit.

Yes, yes you do. ;)

It appears that VVs are becoming the latest and greatest that people are clammering for.
With a VV, it doesn't matter what kind of atty/carto you're using since you can make the voltage what ever you need it to be to hit the sweet spot of the moment. Plus, different voltages makes the flavors different. I think it was Killroy the other night said things she loved @ 5V, she isn't liking as much on the eGo, and vise versa.
It would just be really nice to have one unit that will do everything that one is in the vaping mood for.
Thomas said SAT he was waiting for a couple parts to arrive before he makes his first attempt at making a Fist Pack.
We haven't ordered the parts yet, because I stumbled upon something I might like better. My eyes really perked up & I went exploring when I saw that Nuck, the guy who was making the FPs, even praised & pre-ordered this unit called "Pro-Vari"
ProVari variable voltage e-cigarette! Order today!

I'm really not the type to jump on the pre-order wagon, but I'm thinking I'm going to on this one. Heck, many of the 'ol timers' have placed pre-orders. Not that following a crowd is a good enough reason....but it's a huge endorsement LOL
ProVape has a 7 day return policy, a one year warranty on the ProVari & the company seems to have a good track record.
It measures out at 4.1" L x .90" D...... 4.6" L if you get the extender for a longer life battery, but what's really cool is the Pro-Vari has 28 settings, varying from 3.3V to 6V.
Oh yeah; and they are $30 off for pre-order right now ;)

Yes....I know you guys can read all that for yourselves....guess I'm trying to talk myself into/out of placing an order LOL.
When I read up on it last week, I had CC number entered and everything...but luckily common sense took hold.....I know better to impulse buy, especially with something over a C note.....so I did come back down and deleted the order. But here it is, still a week later and I'm thinking I should bite the bullet. Wow....it's pretty high up here on the ledge......;) LOL

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Note to Santa........ Oh wait, Santa Nuck is no longer making what you want - sorry. (unless the wet-box is 5v)

Actually, Missy is now making the Wetbox in a 5V. Sells at COV for $75 ;) LOL

Maybe someone else knows, but I haven't seen a VV wetbox yet, but I'm sure it's coming! LOL
But, there is a plus & minus to everything....

electrowoman

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
venezuela
tell me the essence you let me try was out of a 3.7! i hope the flave is the same:)

i am going to wait to see what YOU guys think! hahahaha. thanks for being willing lab rats on items costing over $100:) you guys are so NICE to do that!

O/T: got more juice. PURECIG from FSUSA (I had to try) is WEIRD. peppery and weird. i don't hate it...yet. all their caramels/butterscotches seem to taste the same. so the caramel cream tasted like the butterscotch almond, tasted like the caramel...etc. I did get something called MAGIC MASK to change the flavors (I think it changes the pH). folks say it's how they vaped the flaves they hated. will give it a go. maybe it'll make the ms. t's taste better? (hahahah...doubt it) i think i'll mix it w/the caramel/butterscotches from FSUSA, see if i can reduce the "candy" taste they all seem to have. also got candy cane (they sent it as a sample, haven't tried it yet) and blackjack gum (haven't tried yet) and french toast (which ain't half bad, though not as good as that rath stuff mlrgrl gave me from cigtech!), i'm not quite ready to say it's GOOD, only because i'm vaping it with the remnants of "purecig" mixed in. so another night of flavor testing from me. as USUAL, eliquid planet is taking forever to ship my stuff, so i STILL don't have my essence and chinese ry4 :( rrrgh! i want my COCONUT and i want it NOW! (/tantrum)

C-kool Dad '09

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Brookfield, WI - USA
! i want my COCONUT and i want it NOW! (/tantrum)

YOU CAN'T HANDLE IT NOW! OK, here is my Christmas Present to EW.
Freedom Smoke USA:
Apple Pie
Apricot
Banana
Beer
Brandy
Bread Crust
Cherry
Chestnut
Cookie
Fig
Garlic