Where can I buy a pipette locally?

Status
Not open for further replies.

closetsmokr

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2010
Richmond, VA
I went to the local cvs here, and asked if they had any syringes (no needle) and they gave me one - no charge. I just rinse it out good and reuse it. I did tell them it was for my cat's medicine so they wouldn't think I was using it for drugs. I am taking my cat to the vet today, and I am giong to ask them for syringe just to see if they will give me one. You can get pipettes at hobby shops and medical supply stores.

KongsRevenge

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2010
Alabama
One thing I figured out by sheer dumb luck when I got my 60 ml bottles and, like you, didn't realize when I ordered that they didn't have drip tops-

I found that I had a couple of plastic funnels in my kitchen that fit *exactly* on to a dripper bottle- it was really cool, it was almost like they were made for one another- the drip bottle (with the dripper removed, obviously) locked right on to the bottom of the funnel, creating a seal that didn't leak even a little bit. Then I just poured some of the juice from the 60 ml bottle in to the funnel. The juice was a bit too thick to flow freely, so I just gave the dripper bottle a little squeeze while it was still attached to the funnel, and the juice flowed right in. It's been by *far* the easiest way I've found to transfer juice from a larger bottle to a dripper bottle, with zero mess.

The funnels I'm talking about are just small kitchen funnels, plastic, that can be bought for a dollar or so at Wal-Mart.

KongsRevenge

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2010
Alabama
i have beed tilting my 120ml to the side with one hand while squeezing a 3ml closed with the other. then allowing it to open again and sucking the juice out:img:

Dude...good idea...I may have to try that one next time I don't feel like messing with the funnels.

Quick question, though: I notice you're from Florida: Are Jorts essential to this process in any way?:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread