Not open for further replies.

uba egar320

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2009
WV
"What is the best personal vaporizer?"

The one in your hand that keeps you off cigarettes. :)

Yep, that about sums it up. I'll list what I've had, and what I liked thought if it will help you out.

Njoy npro My first ecig. Worked ok to get me started. Very high price on atty's though, and no battery life foe a heavy smoker.

Greensmoke second. Was a step up imo, but not much. The cartomizers seemed better than the carts the npro came with, but about the same deal. Replacement parts were through the roof money wise.

Puresmoker protege(discontinued) Ahh my first mod. ran on a 14500 battery, and still does a great job a year later. Battery lasted most of the day and gives a nice vape.

Totally Wicked Srew Driver MKII MY all day vape for the most part. Awesome small mod. Gives great vape, and the battery life last most of the day as well.

Chuck I've had mixed feeling about my chuck. Worked great, until switch dies. Jeff is a good guy though and will replace them. The thing hits like a tank with the 18650 battery in it, but I was no fan of 6v

Kaji Journeyman from RnRmanufacturing This thing is completely awesome. Bottom feeder, holds 3ml of juice, and the 18650 battery last a day or two depending on usage. I haven't put this down since I got it lol, it's that good. I carry the screwdriver in the car, and this at my desk. Awesome combo imo. Never have to worry about being without due to a failure.

Hope this helps out!!

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
What roxics said The one in your hand that keeps you off cigarettes

IMO its the REO's Bottom fed juice mods

REO mini uses a 3ml bottle for juice and runs on a 14500 battery has a standard 510 connection

REO Grand uses a 6ml bottle for juice and runs on a 18650 and has a standard 510 connection

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
There are so many good devices it would be hard to say what is the best since personal preference plays a big if not huge roll in determining that,.

I love the bottom fed mods like reomods.com and the Ali. no mess no fuss vaping.. the reos go on sale again tomorrow..
once I have used these I will never go back to regular ecigs..

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
.......Chuck I've had mixed feeling about my chuck. Worked great, until switch dies. Jeff is a good guy though and will replace them. The thing hits like a tank with the 18650 battery in it, but I was no fan of 6v.....

I'm with you on the 6 volt comment. You didn't state that you tried a 5 volt mod or a variable volt device. I think you might find you really like this level. If you don't want to put the money into a VV, you might want to look at one of Ken's 5 volt box mods. They do a nice job.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I totally forgot to mention that I have a 5v pass thru for my protege. LOVE it with an 801 atty. Gives a very unique hit. I very well may get a VV sooner or later. You know how this hobby goes lol. You can only go so long without picking up something new.

I found a significant difference between a pass-through and a 5v mod. The PT was a cheap one which might have been part of the problem. But quite a few members on here stated the same thing that a PT didn't perform as well as a good 5v mod. I'm also considering biting the bullet on a VV.

uba egar320

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2009
WV
I found a significant difference between a pass-through and a 5v mod. The PT was a cheap one which might have been part of the problem. But quite a few members on here stated the same thing that a PT didn't perform as well as a good 5v mod. I'm also considering biting the bullet on a VV.

Good to know. I've seen some sharp VV devices as of lately. Might just take the plunge.

rogerdugans

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
A house in the US
There really is a pretty simple answer to this question-

the best PV is the one that is so good you buy a second one as a backup.
Even if its expensive.

In my case, the Golden Greek Telescoping Storm with AVS.

Yes, I could have tried another mod- and there a LOT of them that look great and have many fans and cost less as well- but the first one was so good I really don't see the need.

I know there are a lot of other great devices that people have "collections" of too, and I really don't see any point in saying "Yours is better than mine" or "Mine is better than yours."

There are enough great devices that are all slightly different that anyone should be able to find their own Best PV and be correct.
Even if it is not the same choice as mine. ;)

Last edited:

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
I prefer the Joye eGo. I have all the different sizes (listed in my signature), but I like the shorter 650mAh battery the best, even though the 900 and 1000mAh batteries last a few hours longer.

Here are a couple of sites where you can find the popular Joye eGo 650mAh kits:

Liberty Flights in CA - Joye eGo kits

LiteCigUSA in PA - Joye eGo kits

Liberty Flights has a 20% discount if you use the coupon code of ECF or click the 20% discount link at the top left of the main page.

Kevin Freeheart

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2010
Live Free Or Die
I'd recommend anything with a larger battery.

I started out with manual and automatic 901's and found them horribly lacking. When it produced vapor, it was satisfying but the batteries died so quickly that I spent more time charging them than vaping on them. Which eventually resulted in me smoking analogs more often than charging them.

I moved up to a DSE-905 (Screwdriver) and loved it. Being able to swap out batteries and keep them charged was good until I killed my spare battery. Even with one active, I still was vaping nearly all the time.

I've ordered a Bartleby recently. I found that I'm almost always near my computer and a passthrough would be great, but having my vaporizer and passthrough in the same device, with removable, standardized and cheap but powerful batteries is the perfect combination.

uba egar320

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2009
WV
I'd recommend anything with a larger battery.

I started out with manual and automatic 901's and found them horribly lacking. When it produced vapor, it was satisfying but the batteries died so quickly that I spent more time charging them than vaping on them. Which eventually resulted in me smoking analogs more often than charging them.

I moved up to a DSE-905 (Screwdriver) and loved it. Being able to swap out batteries and keep them charged was good until I killed my spare battery. Even with one active, I still was vaping nearly all the time.

I've ordered a Bartleby recently. I found that I'm almost always near my computer and a passthrough would be great, but having my vaporizer and passthrough in the same device, with removable, standardized and cheap but powerful batteries is the perfect combination.

Just to let you know, the dse 905, and the SD MKII are two completely different devices. Have had a totally wicked SD MKII for over a year now, and purchased two dse 905's for pals last year. Not being snippy, just wanted to clear that up for the new guys that may see.

Kevin Freeheart

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2010
Live Free Or Die
Just to let you know, the dse 905, and the SD MKII are two completely different devices. Have had a totally wicked SD MKII for over a year now, and purchased two dse 905's for pals last year. Not being snippy, just wanted to clear that up for the new guys that may see.

I'm a highly techical guy and I appreciate the correction. Yes, the MKII is a different device, but IIRC, the DSE-905 is a mass-produced version of the original Screwdriver Mod. Several vendors refer to the 905 as "Screwdriver" in their product descriptions. I meant that as more of a description of the type than an endorsement of a specific model (Screwdriver MK-II eni).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread