Status
Not open for further replies.

Lauralie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2010
Here, there, everywhere!
I have been vaping since August and have yet to run into anyone else that vapes (well except for the people here at work I have converted - yeah me).

I live in Central, MO so just curious if location has anything to do with it. Would be interested to see how many people have or have not encountered another vapor in their daily routines?:confused:

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
I live in Central, MO so just curious if location has anything to do with it. Would be interested to see how many people have or have not encountered another vapor in their daily routines?:confused:

Zip Zero Nada Nobody....

And I'm in Los Angeles. I vape at some of the nicest restaurants in Beverly Hills (not as often as I'd like, but...) and I'm the ONLY ONE!

I've vaped at Disneyland, Universal Studios, everywhere, and in six, eight months haven't seen another vaper! (well, other then, as you said, people I'm introducing to vaping, and there have been a few)

Strange.

Lauralie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2010
Here, there, everywhere!
So is everyone closet vapers? Not me - I like showing people and they are usually very inquisitive. I intend to make up some business cards (not for business purposes) but with this website and some companies I buy from just so people don't have to try to remember what I tell them. Small intro to vaping to get them reading!

Luvs5rugrats

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2010
The Lowcountry
I met one at the local fair here and I was puffing along on my ego. A woman walked up to me and asked if it was an electronic cig and then and showed me her mall-type unit. I gave her my favorite vendor's card and jotted down this forum address. So far, that's it and she had approached me because I was using mine. She seemed genuinely surprised that I was happy and had completely stopped smoking. She was not using hers but pulled it out of her bag.

I was in Wal-mart a few weeks ago and had my ego in my hand and walked by an older man who gave me a smile and a wink....so he was ether a perv, because he was with a woman I assumed to be his wife or he recognized what I had in my hand. lol

AND...I really like your sig counter, so I done stole one for myself. :)

Last edited:

ajrily

Oct 24, 2010
AR

I'm in NW Arkansas- Just my wife and I and one co-worker vape. My wife started a couple of days before me and I got my co-worker to try it. That's it around here that I've seen so far.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
AND...I really like your sig counter, so I done stole one for myself. :)
I started to go for it. A couple things stopped me.
#1 It requires you to give you email address.
#2 It attempts to calculate $$ saved and cigarettes avoided ... neither calculation ever works right on any banner I've tried. That's why I stopped using them.
Oh well.

LeAnn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2010
Urbana, Illinois, United States
I have been wondering the same thing. I live in Central Il. and other than my sister-in-law I have never seen anyone vaping in public,she got me started, I do vape when I am out but try to be discreet cause I don't want anyone to banish me from vaping. I do carry cards from V4L that explains what they are but only give them out to friends when they ask about me vaping.
They do sell them at the mall and the guy there told me that he got kicked out of the theater for vaping, that would really piss me off, but guess he gave them his card and the next day they called his boss and told him he was sorry.

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
SoCal
Not a soul--at least not so far as I know. There's a possibility, of course, that someone vaping an M402 or some other cigarette-clone could have flown below my radar.

I've made a point, when vaping in the wild, to do so with a large battery mod that can't be mistaken for anything else in hopes of smoking out any vapers in my midst. No luck.

aziffel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2010
nc
Not a soul--at least not so far as I know. There's a possibility, of course, that someone vaping an M402 or some other cigarette-clone could have flown below my radar.

I've made a point, when vaping in the wild, to do so with a large battery mod that can't be mistaken for anything else in hopes of smoking out any vapers in my midst. No luck.
:laugh:I will do that once in a while just to see if I get any reaction,some people are interested some ain't,but they all say the same thing-'what the h--- are you smoking?":vapor:-oh yeah,I haven't seen any vaper's except my brother and his wife(I was so impressed by the joye eGo/totally wicked tornado I got them a pair):headbang:

BradSmith

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
Northern Michigan USA
I have converted a bunch of my friends and I have seen around a dozen people vaping. I play at a few bars in the area and we now have a smoking ban so I think vaping is taking off more all the time. It gets damn cold this time of year in Northern Michigan so who wants to stand out in the cold freezing your keester off?

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
SoCal

BradSmith

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
Northern Michigan USA
Status