• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Zombie Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the designs of some of the knives, but I will stick with the old tried and true...Cold Steel!

The zombie tool "Vakra" is $224.95 and the proven Cold steel LTC Kukri $89.99...and they have video of it in action:
YouTube - Original Cold Steel test GURKHA KUKRI

The harvester you like is $424.95...cold steel's Warrior Katana $350...again, heres video (i know they are kinda long, but you really get to see them in action)...
YouTube - Warrior Series Katana : Cold Steel Swords

I would still be very curious if someone out there actually goes and buys from the Zombie tool site... Are they built like the fantasy swords? or are they built zombie tough?
YouTube - The Perils of Cheap Fantasy Swords

The zombie tool "Vakra" is $224.95 and the proven Cold steel LTC Kukri $89.99...The harvester you like is $424.95...cold steel's Warrior Katana $350...

Man, I just have a 2 1/2 foot machete ($12.95 at ACE Hardware) and an old lawn mower blade (FREE off my old lawn mower), in easy access points for the coming zombie apocalypse... And of course firearms.

How many zombie skulls do you think a machete and an old lawn mower blade will last through? I was hoping quite a few.

whynotvap

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
amerika
I can't say Cold Steel doesn't make great stuff, they use the 3 layer technique for strength and flexibility like a true katana, just without the dozens of folds. I still have my CS machete on standby even if it isn't 3 layer. The one I liked most from ZT was the D'Capitan which is modeled after the falcata. You combine the better parts of the kukri with a cavalry sabre. Not as long as a sabre or as heavy as a kukri would be, a more than acceptable compromise for me though. If Cold Steel would make one, I'd be all over it! Think of it more as a spring steel version of their gunstock war club.

I'd like to see ZT do some hanging manilla rope tests for sure to see exactly how sharp their stuff is (and for how long) for sure but they ARE blacksmiths that hammer out their blades compared to stamping and grinding a bevel like the fantasy stuff.

p.s. When the hell did they (CS) get Mark McGwire to do demonstrations for them! That guy looks like he's swung a bat or two before :D

whynotvap

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
amerika
Man, I just have a 2 1/2 foot machete ($12.95 at ACE Hardware) and an old lawn mower blade (FREE off my old lawn mower), in easy access points for the coming zombie apocalypse... And of course firearms.

How many zombie skulls do you think a machete and an old lawn mower blade will last through? I was hoping quite a few.

MMMM HMMM, I reckon a lawn mower blade will plum split a head nearly in two. Jes make sure ye got some biscuits an mustard fer the wait. That CDC may take a while to get the ambelance and maybe a herst there too. :D

I can't say Cold Steel doesn't make great stuff, they use the 3 layer technique for strength and flexibility like a true katana, just without the dozens of folds. I still have my CS machete on standby even if it isn't 3 layer. The one I liked most from ZT was the D'Capitan which is modeled after the falcata. You combine the better parts of the kukri with a cavalry sabre. Not as long as a sabre or as heavy as a kukri would be, a more than acceptable compromise for me though. If Cold Steel would make one, I'd be all over it! Think of it more as a spring steel version of their gunstock war club.

I'd like to see ZT do some hanging manilla rope tests for sure to see exactly how sharp their stuff is (and for how long) for sure but they ARE blacksmiths that hammer out their blades compared to stamping and grinding a bevel like the fantasy stuff.

p.s. When the hell did they (CS) get Mark McGwire to do demonstrations for them! That guy looks like he's swung a bat or two before :D

I would like to see some video of the ZT in action myself. Glad to hear for the prices its not stamped metal fantasy sword stuff. I got a new product magazine from cold steel on the way. ( go to the coldsteel.com website and they will ship it to you for free)...I will see what they have new and exciting this year. The ZT stuff looks incredible, and if it works as good as it looks, then I would be all over it. I was just impressed watching the videos of the cold steel stuff. I also have a local guy thats a cold steel dealer, so its kind of nice to be able to touch it before you buy it.

MuddyWaterMan

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
Texas
Already have mine.

20b32631-03a3-64b2.jpg

20b32631-03b7-07fb.jpg

20b32631-03cd-6546.jpg

20b32631-03f3-943a.jpg
Most of these at crap. But I love my Kukri.

Plus a full selection for the wife and a few friends. ;)

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread