new to 801's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nighthawk

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
Southeast Texas
I just started using an 801. I like it well enough, but I am not getting all that much flavor. Just using carts right now till I get the hang of it and then I plan on trying cartos. I have used 510, 901 & 808s to date, so I am comapring the 801 to those models. I like how it looks, I really like the soft whistle tips and the large cart is nice too. Any tips on getting more flavor out of it, or is that one of the characteristics of this model?

uba egar320

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2009
WV
I have never preferred using the carts with 801's I exclusively drip with them and they produce the best flavor.

I second that. Carts and 801's just don't get along imo. Big leaky mess. That, and you end up wasting lots of juice. Try dripping a few times with it. Remember, 801' like a nice long drag to get best performance. You can pop an eyeball out with mine lol. I thought some 801's had an adjustable air flow as well.

Skyway

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2009
NC - USA
www.bsvoboda.com
For the 801 technically you do not have to hit the bridge. The wire mesh goes all the way around the heating element. Some believe that you should drip down the side walls. I debridged one to see how everything looks and it actually works pretty well also.
Once an 801 is broken in, all it takes is 3 drips and I can go about 6 or 7 vapes sometimes more till I drip again. I also do not use the slim mouth pieces, I use a delrin drip tip and it works great. Only time I take it off is when I let it sit over night. I just pop it off and set the atty upside down to let it drain over night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread