how to mix veggie glycerin and flavors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VP2008

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2008
Richmond, VA

Please note this is a very old thread and virtually all the information in it is wrong.

Admin

Okay I got the veggie glycerin (thanks Cash -- got it at VitaminShoppe!) and flavoring without PG (cook's or wilton's brand in Ben Franklin store).

Now what do I do? I have all these cartridges, all with PG that I can't vape, some with zero nic and some with low or med nic. I have mini cartridges and pen styles. The pen carts are much easier to deal with.

The veggie glycerin is very thick! Am I supposed to dilute that with water or just a LOT of the flavor liquid or a little of both?

I've already figured to rinse out and dry the carts before refilling (thanks for that tip Karen!).

Just not real sure what and how much to mix to refill carts. I realize these will be zero nic carts and that's okay.

Sorry for all the questions. I haven't used my ecigs for a while and can't wait to get them going again!!

Thanks much!!
~VP~

Last edited by a moderator:

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
it might not be that easy to mix ... VG is very sticky, and tends to stay together. I normally drip about 5 drops of VG in a small bowl (egg holder) and 5 drops of flavoring. Mix with the tip of the eye dropper for about a good minute or two, or until the contents look completely meshed, then suck up into the eye dropper and either drip a couple drops directly onto the atomizer or fill up the cartridge.

let me know who it goes :)

Mihai

Jul 11, 2008
Romania
flavoring without PG (cook's or wilton's brand in Ben Franklin store).
~VP~

You need flavouring WITH PG.

Those without PG use oil or alcohol as a solubiliser - the first one is bad for your atomiser and for your lungs and the second one dilutes the solution too much.

If you get pure, undiluted extract (which I doubt) you'll need PG to dilute it, or PG to dilute the glycerine solution, then add something like 1 drop for 10 ml or more of the solution.

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
You need flavouring WITH PG.

no you don't ... TB has used flavoring without PG and has been successful. its the breakdown as to what matters. I will wait for him to chime in here ...

VP is using VG because he is allergic to PG... thus the reason for flavoring without PG.

EDIT:
Cross Post from VP's other thread. This is where TB mentions Cook's Vanilla.

TropicalBob said:
I've used Cook's vanilla and really, really like the taste. Cook's is alcohol-based. If anything, the vaporizing alcohol helps clean the atomizer, not kill it.

and the original thread can be found here ... http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...61-pg-allergy-may-have-give-up-e-smoking.html

Last edited:

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
I will try to make it up soon with a too long message about the way you can calculate the nicotine content in home cooked juice... I'm still writing it... started last night :D

i will love you forever if you have come up with a way to measure the nicotine content :thumb:

been waiting for information pertaining to this subject for quite some time!!!! looking forward to it very mucho ... :)

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Look forward to it, Mihai.

I have commented elsewhere on the problem of getting a good viscosity to the final liquid. Bickford seems a very good viscosity for e-smoking, but the taste is intense if it's the only fluid vaporized! And there's no nicotine, which I want.

Last night, I made up a mix I've been using all day consisting of some thick homebrew fluid, some glycerine and Kahlua liquor (alcohol), and about 2ml of E-Cig 24mg coffee E-Liquid. I kept adding the thin liquor until the final mix seemed about like E-Cig's E-Liquid stuff. I started last night and have been smoking it all day. Extremely pleasant taste. Unknown (so is everything else, I guess) consequences to atomizers and health.

My hope is that the alcohol helps burn off crud on the atomizer in addition to helping the viscosity. It sures helps taste and aroma! Cook's flavorings, BTW, use alcohol instead of PG. That's how I got started down the alcohol path. Cook's Vanilla makes outstanding e-liquid when mixed with glycerine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread