closest tasting juice for a marlboro red smoker

Status
Not open for further replies.

giamarisa

Mar 7, 2009
:confused:Any suggestions for the closest tasting juice or carts to marlboro reds? I just got my puresmoker pilot m401 today and am still waiting for the battery to charge only 2 1/2 hours left to make 12 hrs of initial charging i bought 5 med marlboro cartridges and marlboro juice also risky yuice,banana nana, coffee bean and strawberry cash juices. I heard that they used to have a camel juice that was closest to marlboro but it wasn'tthe cash juice it was the other one. Anyway any suggestions would be helpful. thank you, I'm counting the minute to vape!!

I have agree with Kate here. When you think about it, how good does a cigarette really taste? And if you can 'smoke' something else that can satiate your nicotine lust, why would you want the taste of chemicals and burning plant material? I just started on Wednesday, and like you I initially wanted something to taste like my Marlboro's, but I've come to the conclusion that I would rather enjoy both the taste and feeling. Plus, it's always nice to have options. Have a different flavor based on how you feel at the moment. It's great to have choices aside from just regular and menthol.

tinear

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
Florida, U.S.A.
Sorry, I can't think of any flavour that tastes like real burning tobacco. Soon enough you'll probably hate that taste anyway, there are much nicer flavours around.

true enough ;)

IMO, as a 34 year 2pack Reds smoker ~ Marlboro's don't taste anything nearly like real burning tobacco anyway. however, while vaping i've on occasion started to melt a few cart fibers - now that comes pretty close to a red.

Coffee Addict

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2009
Houston, Tx.
I think most of us have been in this situation when we started.
Wanting something that tasted like what we were trying to replace.
But as we all know, nothing is just like the original.....
My best thought is to grab a tobacco flavor at med. strength.
Also pick up some Riskee, 555, Original tobacco or viriginia blend.
(Thoses seem to have a "tobacco" flavor,but will also slowly lead you into much
better vaporing)
Not many people here (after vaporing a few days) have any urge to go back to tobacco flavor.
Then you can jump, both feet first into the many other flavors out there until you find the one "you cannot do without)
Well......at least not do without "this" week.

smokingclam

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Punta Gorda, Florida
true enough ;)

IMO, as a 34 year 2pack Reds smoker ~ Marlboro's don't taste anything nearly like real burning tobacco anyway. however, while vaping i've on occasion started to melt a few cart fibers - now that comes pretty close to a red.
That's pretty funny....:D been in that spot myself that yummy burnt taste. I thought the Janty Marlboro was pretty close to a red when I started. Then I got my sense of taste back and then it tasted better.:)

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Go to the main page of new Members forum then use Search Forum to search for Marlboro. Check out all of the threads where people have asked the same thing. You'll find lots of suggestions.

Nothing is going to taste as nasty as a real cigarette because real cigarettes have lots of chemicals in them plus the taste of burning. But if you try a bunch of tobacco ejuices you'll find something familiar in some of them, and I think familiar plus some TH is enough.

FreedomSmokeUSA has lots of tobacco flavors and lots of other flavors.

Several of their tobaccos are available as $2.25 24mg sample sizes. And you'll find all of their tobaccos in their tobacco section - smallest bottle is $4, fully customizable for nicotine and PG/VG ratio. Unless you have a problem with VG, I would recommend 70PG/30VG or 80PG/20VG. VG smooths it a bit and add more visible vapor, but dampens TH.

I like Turkish blends. I also like adding a bit of their Chocolate sometimes (my favorite Capris and also Marlboros have cocoa in them). I am currently enjoying their Desert Ship and I ordered some of their other Turkish blends - Camel and Dark Vapure.

BTW - my main PV is M401. I recommend when the white cartridge stuffing gets tired and not wicking well, toss the stuffing and replace with blue foam. To start, I cut down the cheap precut pieces from http://www.strictlyejuice.com/ - their pieces are the cheapest way to try blue foam but they are precut for 510/901. If you like blue foam stuffing, you can buy it bulk as Marineland Rite-Size U Foam Sleeve from the aquarium dept at Petsmart. Video about putting blue foam in 401 carts (though the guy is using a similar gray foam). I cut mine a tiny bit larger than he does. BTW - wasn't particularly impressed with the juices at strictlyejuice so don't spend a wad there. However, if you like coffee I hear those Kona coffee juices are real nice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjFTxCpK47E

Last edited:

Alvin Lim

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
My customers whom started with e-cig tobacco flavours are disappointed and when back to analogs! What a waste.

They don't understand that e-cig are food flavours. It just won't taste as analog cigarettes!

Those listen to my advise to start with fruit / beverage flavours are still vaping to-date! Smart customers.

Rgs,
Alvin

Hrtbrkr1965

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2010
Indiana
Once again almost everyone says you don't really want what you think you want! LOL Unreal!
Find whatever is closest to what you like! Yea it won't be exactly the same but close enough! I personally want tobacco flavor and no Fruity stuff as I can always eat a lifesaver while Vaping! Find something that makes you feel comfortable and if tobacco is it then so be it! Then experiment once the cravings are under control! I have tried about 10 flavors other than tobacco and only somewhat liked 1 of them!
Some people like all that other stuff but when I want ice cream I want choc or van. when I want coffee I want coffee not a $5
frapalapadingdong from starbucks! Some people like what they are used to!
To much change all at once is not good when trying to kick a super addictive habit! IMHO
Good Luck and Have What Makes You Feel Comfortable!

chimney55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
NW Arkansas
I haven't smoked Marlboro Reds for years. But recently, Freedom Smoke USA sent me a sample of "Mar/boro" 24mg. I opened the bottle and there was something reminiscent of the Marlboros. I dripped it onto an atty. Yuck! I set the sample aside for a friend of mine who's starting to vape and is hooked on Marlboros. I say "yuck" because it was way too much like a marlboro to me. I won't say that it's exact, but too close for me.

Hrtbrkr1965

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2010
Indiana
My customers whom started with e-cig tobacco flavours are disappointed and when back to analogs! What a waste.

They don't understand that e-cig are food flavours. It just won't taste as analog cigarettes!

Those listen to my advise to start with fruit / beverage flavours are still vaping to-date! Smart customers.

Rgs,
Alvin

All of your customers who used tobacco juice went back? All of them? Myself, My Wife, My Mom and My Best Friend all started with Tobacco and all are still analog free! Maybe you should work on a new recipe! Just a thought!

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Maxboro from backwoods brew is pretty popular with some folks.

Vapor4life's Kamel is good if you want a bit more of the camel-like "twang".

Don't sweat needing to bump a level in nic for trigger-point vaping, like first thing in the morning. After 35 years smoking pack a day of regulars (first 25 were actually Camel straights), 16 - 18 didn't cut it, I absolutely needed 24 before I could stop. Now, coming up on 6 months, people talk about cutting nic -- I've actually bumped a notch, tend to use my own 30 mg tob5 do-it-yourself (DIY) mix much of the time, though I still use 24, and 15 and 12 (the latter two on passthroughs where I chain-vape). I also make a tob4 -- very cig-like to some, a bit "ashy", "metallic", it's a grab-you-by-the-tonsils blend.

A bit of 30 or 36 might be what it takes to clear a hurdle. Rather a bump in strength than smoking a grit.

David Bruno

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2009
Iron Mountain , Michigan
I have been vaping two years in about a week.Signed on this forum months after starting. I kind of hung around and read posts before actually posting myself. I started on Dekang Tobacco blends. They did get me off of analogs. After 3 or 4 months I started with beverage, pastry, food type juices. I almost went back to analogs! When I started vaping Cash Tab from Pure smokers I was saved. Zero cravings. For me, I need the tobacco flavor. Funny though, none of the tobacco juices taste analog. They do have a great throat hit and a kind of rich taste. If I start vaping food, I'm done. Just my take on it. For some of us, tobacco juices are exactly what we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread