Status
Not open for further replies.

cherewine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2010
Pacific Northwest USA
I have an ego 650mah and the 1000mah pt. I would like to know if it is better to run the batteries until they blink, letting me know they need to be recharged, OR if it is okay to just put them on the charge before bed and let them get a full charge for the next day? The reason I thought about this was that I remembered that years ago, there was two different battery types for cell phones, one requiring a full discharge before recharging and newer ones that didn't have a "memory." I don't remember what their "types" were called right offhand (NiCad and something or the other)

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
eGo batteries, like just about All e-cig batteries are Li-Ion. They do Not develope a memory. And it is better to NOT drain them all the way before charging.

If your charger is doing what it should, there is no problem leaving them on the charger after the green light comes on. But it for some reason the charger doesn't do it's job properly, because it is a cheap, mass produced item made in China, then over charging can reduce the life span of a battery.

I would suggest that you charge your batteries often and not leave them on the charger any longer than needed.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Yes, all batteries and attys are produced in China. This is the country that first brought the e-cig into existence, let's not bash the country that is producing these life saving devices please!

For all the junk I have gotten from China, I don't think a little bashing is out of order.

dreamer728

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
New England
I have purchased 4 eGo batteries over the past 10 months. Only one "died" aka would no longer hold a full charge. One original 10 month old battery is still going strong at about 12 hours usage. I always use them until they blink and then put them on the charger until I have another battery to charge, so they get swapped out. So I don't think leaving them on the charger is detrimental at all - the light goes green on mine and stops charging as far as I know.

I use the mains battery with adapter, purchased at TW. If you aren't getting a full charge make sure you clean the battery connections, the oxidation can interfere with charging.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Ok zioDman, when you find as good or better e-cig parts for the same price manufactured any where else but China, you let us know, ok?

Will do...

One thing to remember is that if you have to pay shipping to and then shipping back for a DOA item, sometimes things arn't as inexpensive as they seem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread