Not open for further replies.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
I have searched high and low and finally found the best way to clean them. There is a video and I will post a link when I find it. I use a 60cc catheter tip syringe and a rubber pencil gripper. The carto fits well in one end and the syringe in the otherend of the gripper. You draw hot water up through the carto into the syringe and then push the water back out through the carto. Repeat twice. Last plunge air from syringe through carto several times until little to no water is coming out. Put cartos on cookie sheet and dry for about 1-2 hours in oven at lowest setting. Turn oven off and leave overnight. The next morning cartos are as good as new. I hope that made sense.

DivaB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2010
Ohio
I don't have a lot of time to waste on the cleaning...so with the cartomizers that have a filler I just put them in a coffee cup and pour boiling water over them, let them sit in there for a few minutes...sometimes I do this twice, and then let them dry. For the ceramic ones, I syringe ever clear or vodka through the center and the little reservoir holes, blow out whats left, use a denti brush to clean the coil, let sit to dry, then do a dry burn...and that's all.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Try this video on youtube. It looks a little perverted at times LOL - but this is a method I use and it works great. The medicine syringe is about $3.00 at the store with the little cone attachment.

YouTube - KR808D-1 Carto Cleaning: Quick-n-Easy.

That is the video that I was looking for. That is the way that I started but found that using the grips and 60 cc syringe cleans better and is faster. That method works too though.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ

Newme

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2011
Wisconsin
Try this video on youtube. It looks a little perverted at times LOL - but this is a method I use and it works great. The medicine syringe is about $3.00 at the store with the little cone attachment.

I cannot find that syringe "with" the gripper. I've looked at Walmart and Target. Anyone have any ideas where to find them?

SSV2

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2010
Pleasantville, USA
www.cigeasy.com
I cannot find that syringe "with" the gripper. I've looked at Walmart and Target. Anyone have any ideas where to find them?

I have seen them at many grocery stores, drug stores and discount outlets like Dollar General, though Wallgreen's seems to have a lot of a store locations throughout the US here is a picture of one they sell.

31191710968_450x450_a.jpg

SSV2

Newme

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2011
Wisconsin
I finally found the Walgreens one. I kind of tested putting it on my carto because it looked so big. And it doesn't fit in, it fits over a carto. But just barely! I had a really hard time getting it on and it peeled back some of the paper that is stuck onto them. Maybe it will stretch a bit after doing that a few times. I hope so. But yay! I found one finally. lol

SSV2

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2010
Pleasantville, USA
www.cigeasy.com
I finally found the Walgreens one. I kind of tested putting it on my carto because it looked so big. And it doesn't fit in, it fits over a carto. But just barely! I had a really hard time getting it on and it peeled back some of the paper that is stuck onto them. Maybe it will stretch a bit after doing that a few times. I hope so. But yay! I found one finally. lol

Exactly! It fits over the mouth end of your cartomizer. It will stretch the more you use it and if you soak the cone or run it under hot water for a few minutes it will be more plyable to work with when you attach a cart.

It should not seem like such a chore if you maybe start out with only cleaning a a few to begin with just to see how it works out for you?

You can modify the procedure in the future to achieve the best results that suit you. For instance. I use to put the cleaned carts in the oven for a while at a low temperature setting to ensure they got totally dry before use though may not be a essential step as well the stickers sometimes begin to peel off from the heat melting the adhesive that holds them on.

It seems many people have put their own twist on this procedure and experienced various levels of success which has helped me by learning from other members helpful tips.

I now have my very own slightly modified method to this procedure where I have not experienced any casualties after repeated cleanings and involves much less effort than the extremes I use to employ that did not always produce consistant results.

Most important is whatever works for you and you are satisfied with the end result. Good Luck! Nothing wrong with having a nice surplus of freshly cleaned carts in your vaping arsenol at all times!:)

SSV2

Newme

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2011
Wisconsin
SSV2,

Re: "if you soak the cone or run it under hot water for a few minutes it will be more plyable to work with when you attach a cart."

Great idea! Thanks!

Re: "now have my very own slightly modified method to this procedure where I have not experienced any casualties after repeated cleanings and involves much less effort than the extremes I use to employ that did not always produce consistant results."

Do tell. What is this slightly modified method that is making them last for you?

Thanks!

SSV2

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2010
Pleasantville, USA
www.cigeasy.com
SSV2,

Re: "if you soak the cone or run it under hot water for a few minutes it will be more plyable to work with when you attach a cart."

Great idea! Thanks!

Re: "now have my very own slightly modified method to this procedure where I have not experienced any casualties after repeated cleanings and involves much less effort than the extremes I use to employ that did not always produce consistant results."

Do tell. What is this slightly modified method that is making them last for you?

Thanks!

PM sent!

After the fact...:rolleyes:

I really had hoped I could have just written this all out for everyone since I mentioned it though hopefully I can break it down either here or in another thread of its own if needed? I am sure I probably overloaded Newme's brain just from my PM trying to explain the science behind my own method. :matrix:

SSV2

timrichard

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2011
Victorville/Adelanto CA

I just tried this method. 3.99 for the toothpicks and 2.49 for the syringe at walgreens. I hade 11 cats that were burnt, ready to throw away. I used this method cleaned all in 15 min. And they are as good as new. I used the toothpicks and hot water to clean my bats as well, and they work better as well. Thank you:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread