Does anyone feel more addicted to e-cig then regular cigarettes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danoslam

Jan 15, 2011
New haven ct
I feel like I am vaping more then I ever smoked. I just quit smoking cigs about 2 weeks ago and I'm puffing on my e-cig every minute. I feel more addicted to nicotine then ever. I dont know if its because im craving a cigarette or that I'm that addicted to vaporing?
How many puffs of an e-cig does it take to = 1 reg cigarette? My e juice is 18mg..
Also let me know if anyone else feels they crave vaping more then smoking cigarettes?

banjo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2010
Rio Oso, CA
I also vape more than I smoked, but the reason is that I'm getting less nicotine and other addictive elements vaping than I did smoking. I don't really think that it is a big deal. My breathing has greatly improved over the last 7 months, and I feel a lot healthier. I don't crave vaping, while I did crave my analogs. No one with the proper credentials, as far as I know, has ever done a study comparing the amount of nicotine a particular mg level provides compared to cigarettes, so you really have to rely on what your body is telling you, and adjust your vaping accordingly.

Last edited:

SuZamme

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
What's not to love about Tiramisu, Chocolate Au Lait, Passion Fruit, RY4, Red Bull, Mentholyptus, and (thanks to justboringsarah) Dill Pickle.

Makes me wonder what I ever found so compelling about that bitter, dirt taste and burnt stench of analogs.

I vaped 36mg for months and now use 12mg to 24mg with an occasional 36mg which knocks my socks off at 3.7v, 5v, and 6v.

Welcome to the Wonderful World of Vaping and ECF. Enjoy the ride!!!!

JackSam

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
NY USA
When i started vaping i was doing it in the same habit as i smoked, so i would go outside and so forth and was vaping about the same. Maybe if you stick to your existing smoking habits you'll keep it under better control.

I found now after a few months i don't even reach for the PV first thing in the morning, i've gone 1-2 hours a couple of times which never would happen with cigarettes. They were the very first thing i reached for when i got out of bed.

Scotch827

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2010
PA
I am on day 55 of vaping. I still vape alot. I don't vape over 12mgs and use a lot of 6mg juice. I was a 2 pad and I am trying to reduce my nic addiction. However I do feel much better and plan on reducing my nic completely. I smoked for over 30 years so I am not really worried about the time frame. If it takes a year, no big deal. I do enjoy vaping inside.

Scott

David Bruno

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2009
Iron Mountain , Michigan
When I started vaping and quit analogs, I sucked on the PV like my life depended on it, and it did! When you first make the switch your body tells you that you're running low on nic. You are addicted to nicotene. After a while I seemed to slow down in between drags on the PV. You get use to lower nicotene levels in the system. I'd say for me, I replaced analogs with juice and puff as my body requires the nic hit. I actually am less hooked on the nic now and just as hooked on the smoking ( vaping) ritual. I still need to have a PV in my hand after vaping for two years.

Dave

Last edited:

afrazier5

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
What's not to love about Tiramisu, Chocolate Au Lait, Passion Fruit, RY4, Red Bull, Mentholyptus, and (thanks to justboringsarah) Dill Pickle.

Dill Pickle?!? I mean yea to the Tiramisu. Just picked up a small bottle of it and wow...YUM!

When i started vaping i was doing it in the same habit as i smoked, so i would go outside and so forth and was vaping about the same. Maybe if you stick to your existing smoking habits you'll keep it under better control.

I agree with keeping the same overall habits in the beginning. I still go outside at work and sometimes at home. Not so much at home though as I really enjoy vaping inside. Smoked for 24 years and have always been an outside smoker so this is a real joy for me

Frazier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread