All Alien Visions Tobacco Flavors Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike306

May 28, 2010
Denver, CO
I looked to see if there was a review-specific forum. Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place.

I ordered the 5-bottle sampler from alien Visions. That, combined with the flavors I already have, covered every tobacco flavor on the site. In general, AV liquids produce great vapor, have a great TH for the strength (higher than other brands of the same strength), and the flavors are very complex. Some I liked. Others I did not. So it goes. All flavors I ordered are 12mg strength. Plenty for me...high enough for TH and low enough to avoid nic OD from my obsessive chain vaping.

Boba's Bounty: I've reviewed this one before. A robust, vanilla-like sweetness with lots of depth. You'll find all kinds of flavors in here if you search. This is my go-to juice.

Havana Gold: I think I liked the original recipe better, but it's still good. It tastes like the smell of a good cigar shop. Very smooth. If you like cigars, this is a must try. I like to add a drop to other flavors.

Gamel: The closest I've ever found to that very first drag of my beloved Camel Lights. Not smokey like an analog, but it does have a bit of a cigarette taste to it. Mild flavor. VERY much unlike the other brands of "camel cigarette" flavors. Totally worth giving a try.

555: This one is closer to the analog-ish flavors from Dekang but without that extra something that makes those taste gross. I've only had one other 555, and this one is better. Nothing special, but vapeable (I'm fairly certain that's not a word...yet). It's the smell of fingers post smoking. That's the closest I can come to describing it. I won't buy this one again.

C&D: I actually really like this one. A little like that smell of a freshly opened pack of cigarettes. A little planty/earthy scent. Hard to explain. I go to this one when I don't want sweet, but I also don't want a flavor reminiscent of ashtrays or yellowed fingertips.

Blend 4: Have you ever been to Home Depot and walked through their lumber section? This has the distinct flavor of the smell of treated lumber. A little unnerving to be breathing that in. I just can't shake that similarity, which makes this one hard to vape. If you search, there is a tobacco leaf flavor hidden in there, but I don't think I'll be vaping this one (incidentally, send me a PM if you want me to send you this one to try...everyone's a little different in their tastes)

Flue Cured: If you have ever put your face near the flue of a wood stove, then you know this flavor. It is incredibly smokey. I don't mean tobacco smoke. I mean straight-up, someone-call-the-fire-department, I-think-I-singed-my-arm-hair, don't-do-that-in-my-car kind of smoke. I can't do it. Again, PM if you're interested (good sell, huh?)

So the positives:
A great way to sample. 5 bottles. 6ml each. Customizable strengths 4.00US per bottle.
I now have four confirmed go-to flavors from my absolute favorite liquid shop.
Ben is terrific to work with (he made a special equipment swap-out with my last order)
100% VG comes standard (easier on my...err...system)
Shipping is lightning fast
The package always has a compliment written on it in sharpie. Who doesn't like that?

The negatives:
The flavors that genuinely try to be like a lit cigarette are gross
I may never smoke a cigarette again because of how irritating I now find the smoke smell (wait, maybe this should be in the positives)
I keep spending money exploring new juices when I really don't need to

I hope some of this is helpful.

All the best.

Mike

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
Yes, but it is very unique. Alot of different opinions on it. I originally tried it because of the raving reviews. It is an acquired taste IMO. First and second times I tried it I hated it. Almost threw it out. Was advised to keep at it once in awhile. I did just that and now I would not want to be without it. Best throat hit too of any juice. Other juices mix well w/it for something different. I just cannot describe it other than its excellent.

Does Boba's Bounty have any tobacco flavor in it?

Mike306

May 28, 2010
Denver, CO
Yes, but it is very unique. A lot of different opinions on it. I originally tried it because of the raving reviews. It is an acquired taste IMO. First and second times I tried it I hated it. Almost threw it out. Was advised to keep at it once in awhile. I did just that and now I would not want to be without it. Best throat hit too of any juice. Other juices mix well w/it for something different. I just cannot describe it other than its excellent.

I agree with this 100%. I, too, really didn't like it the first few times I dripped it. That's why I think the secret ingredient is crack. You just have to push past that first hump, and then you'll never want to let it go. There were times I thought I might have to start drinking the stuff. Put five drops in two fingers of scotch and sit back to an old Gene Kelly flick. It's that kind of smooth. Disclaimer: don't do that.

...but yes, there is a certain tobacco flavor to it. I've likened it to an unlit cigarillo or something to that effect.

Give it a try. Then try it several more times. You'll see what I mean.

If it doesn't taste enough like tobacco, get some Havana, too, and combine Havana:Boba's 1:5

Mike

NCVapingLady

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 20, 2009
Statesville, NC
I agree with this 100%. I, too, really didn't like it the first few times I dripped it. That's why I think the secret ingredient is crack. You just have to push past that first hump, and then you'll never want to let it go. There were times I thought I might have to start drinking the stuff. Put five drops in two fingers of scotch and sit back to an old Gene Kelly flick. It's that kind of smooth. Disclaimer: don't do that.

...but yes, there is a certain tobacco flavor to it. I've likened it to an unlit cigarillo or something to that effect.

Give it a try. Then try it several more times. You'll see what I mean.

If it doesn't taste enough like tobacco, get some Havana, too, and combine Havana:Boba's 1:5

Mike

Mike, an excellent and very entertaining review! I got a real good laugh reading your posts!:laugh: If only we all had a sense of humor like yours, this world would definitely be a better place.

P.S. My DH loves Boba's. I bought it for myself, but he ended up taking it over! It is a tad thick because of the 100% VG, but he drips, so it's no problem.

Phreaker

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Great review! I really agree with you on C&D and Blend 4. I got 5 samples from them and like C&D best. I gave Gamel to a co-worker, he had never tried a juice with VG and was a Camel Lights smoker, he really likes it. I like Boba's, but find myself vaping C&D more often. The last two I got were Blend 4 and Root Beer. Regarding Blend 4, I don't hate it, but I don't really like it either. Each time I try it there is a very distinct taste and smell that I can't place. Maybe that's it - the Home Depot Lumber area, Haha. The Root Beer sure smells like it, but the taste was too strong for me and not sweet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread