100% Sweet Orange Essential Oil = is it safe to vape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
I just bought some 100% Sweet Orange Essential Oil which is for aromatherpay. 10ml for 3usd.

Added 4 -5 drops to 9ml of menthol 30%vg and 70%pg that was cheaply bought from China and had no flavor. 11mg nicotine.

Now it tastes pretty damned good. in fact I can honestly describe it as delicious.

I hope this is not going to do my body any damage....

I am noticing more of a lightheadedness than usual. Like being a little, tiny bit tipsy. That could be the aromotheraputic effects I guess. 20 mins later it's pretty much worn off

Is that many drops okay for my health? How much could I safely vape in a day?

AM I IN ANY DANGER? HELP PLEASE!

5vz

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2011
in here somewhere USA
Hotwire,

What company is made by and what are the ingredients on the bottle. Should be okay if the essential oil is made properly, but why not look up the ingredients? Some people in the diy-eliquid forum use essential oils for vaping, and I see you have a question in there too. Hopefully there will be a clear answer soon.

Post the company and any ingredients if you can, then we can all determine. :)

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Hotwire,

What company is made by and what are the ingredients on the bottle. Should be okay if the essential oil is made properly, but why not look up the ingredients? Some people in the diy-eliquid forum use essential oils for vaping, and I see you have a question in there too. Hopefully there will be a clear answer soon.

Post the company and any ingredients if you can, then we can all determine. :)

All I know is that is is 100% EO with no other ingredients. It is for aromatherapy.

I only know this as it was bought in Korea where I work and I can't read korean. But I asked 3 people at the store (I can speak it at basic level) if it contained anything other than 100% Eo and was told no. I even told them a lie that if it had anything else in it it would kill me instantly so I needed to know 100% that it had nothing else added to it or I would die.

I know in aromatherpay EO's are inhaled / vaporized and heated and they are only made from the skin of oranges... I feel okay. It actually made me feel kind of mellow and warm....

I have no decent juices until my batch of fsusa juices come in in a cpl of weeks so bought the Orange EO out of desperation.

I guess I'll leave it alone until I get more answers and stick to my DEKANG menthol and Janty Oriental (the only juices I have with any noticable flavor and even they're not that great....) until I have a clear idea about the health implications of vaping the Orange EO. better safe than dead I guess.... Or I could just add the 10ml of DEKANG menthol to it and that would be a pretty weak concentration at about 19ml of e-juice to around 5 drops of Orange EO.... It does give the most vapable flavor. I guess I shouldn't advertise that though as it could prompt others to give it a go...

Please don't anyone try this until you are told by an expert it is safe to do so etc.

warbdan

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2009
Somerset, Kentucky, United States
I had a similar experience recently with Lorann's Wintergreen. I got damn near high from it, as did my wife, so I poured it out. After a little research it turns out wintergreen's active chemical that gives it it's flavor is dangerous to inhale. Check it out.

Edit: Here is a link to Orange Oil MSDS Scroll down to the second page for inhalation facts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread