How many drops of E-Juice do you put in the atomizer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raymond Go Ho

Jan 25, 2011
Manila
I just bought an e-cig and I want to know how many drops of e-juice do you put in your atomizer? the e-cig that I bought is a pass through, it doesn't have a cartridge, I put the e-juice directly to the atomizer.

my e-juice is a 30ml 24mg nicotine. is one drop considers as 24mg nicotine already? i'm afraid of getting overdosed here because i chain vape.

Icoth

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
CA
Here’s a link to a sticky in the medical sub-forum. Item 14 addresses nicotine overdose symptoms. It’s hard to give exact equivalents when comparing smoking and vaping, so best to know what the symptoms are, and if in doubt, cut back on the nic. Lots of other good info there as well.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...hen-quitting-tobacco-changing-ecigarette.html

3 drops is the most common recommendation when dripping for a 510, 5 if the atty is totally dry to start with. Drop size and atties vary though, so adjust depending on how things go. If you’re getting gurgling, the atty is too wet. If it tastes nasty, too dry. Goldilocks would have had a hard time with dripping. She probably uses cartos.

Icoth

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
CA
Sorry, I'm not sure I understood your questions. I don't think folks measure their nicotine intake by how many drops they use. Strength is measured in mg/ml. Divide the given strength by 10 and you have the percent of nicotine. 26mg/ml juice is 2.6 percent nicotine for example. The official number of drops per ml is 20, but again, that varies a lot. After dripping 3 drops, you can take approximately 5 drags before dripping again. You will get a feel for when you need to drip, the dry burnt taste is not pleasant.

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
When you drip you can start with 2-3 drops in the atty, vape until the flavor changes and vapor production start dropping off, then add 2 drops. Every time the flavor changes and vapor drops, just add 2 drops. Don't worry about getting too much nicotine because your body will let you know when you've had too much. When I overdo it, my ears start ringing and I get a slight headache. That's my clue to put down the PV for a little bit and drink some water.

ChloeEranu

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2010
Laurel, MT
If I'm understanding your question correctly, you want to know how much nic is in a drop of liquid? Generally you drip 2-3 drops per time. At 24mg nic, that is 24 mg per 1 ML of juice. It usually takes between 10-15 drops to equal 1 ml.

The reason why 10 drops does not always equal 1 ML is because different vendors use different tips. For example, my Tasty Vapor tip is tiny and I can drip 3-4 drops depending on how dry I let the atty get. With my V4L bottle I drip 2 drops max.. any more and I get juice in my mouth.

Hope I understood and answered your question!

~C

I also forgot to note, that if you aren't experiencing any OD symptoms, I wouldn't worry about it. If you are concerned, you can get a bottle of lower nic juice to use throughout the day, and if you feel like you need to, drop a few drops of the higher nic stuff occasionally and then go back to the lower stuff.

Last edited:

rrayda

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
the icy northlands
Number of drops in my atty depends on a few things. When I first start vaping after a good atty cleaning, it's maybe 5 or 6 drops to prime the atty. I'll hit that a few times and maybe only get two sorry little puffs, then it's time for 3 or 4 more drops. Whenever it feels like I'm out of juice, more goes into the atty...the plastic dropper bottles seem to have larger drops, so 3 does it with them, the glass eye dropper style bottles tend to need more like 4 drops.

Raymond Go Ho

Jan 25, 2011
Manila
If I'm understanding your question correctly, you want to know how much nic is in a drop of liquid? Generally you drip 2-3 drops per time. At 24mg nic, that is 24 mg per 1 ML of juice. It usually takes between 10-15 drops to equal 1 ml.

The reason why 10 drops does not always equal 1 ML is because different vendors use different tips. For example, my Tasty Vapor tip is tiny and I can drip 3-4 drops depending on how dry I let the atty get. With my V4L bottle I drip 2 drops max.. any more and I get juice in my mouth.

Hope I understood and answered your question!

~C

I also forgot to note, that if you aren't experiencing any OD symptoms, I wouldn't worry about it. If you are concerned, you can get a bottle of lower nic juice to use throughout the day, and if you feel like you need to, drop a few drops of the higher nic stuff occasionally and then go back to the lower stuff.

yes, you understand my question! thank you!

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
24mg per ml. If you didn't chain smoke and you chain vape 24mg then you could overdose on nic or at the very least escalate your nicotine habit. You might want to consider getting lower nicotine if you want to chain vape. Also be sure to drink plenty of fluids to keep your mouth from getting dry and I'd recommend having at least some VG in your ejuice (like 70pg/30vg juice) to help avoid sore tongue and throat.

Some symptoms of too much nicotine - headache, light-headed, rapid heartbeart or worse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread