Hi everyone, new to electronic cigarettes & to this nice forum! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandy68

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2011
Illinois
My name is Sandy, and I just found out about electronic cigarettes a week ago when my sister called to tell me that she just got a Cig2o and explained that it was an electronic cigarette that allowed one to smoke without actually smoking. She sang such praises over hers that I promised to get online and look them up. I ordered my Cig2o online as no one sold them around here, and I’m absolutely AMAZED how much I like them!

While waiting for the starter kit and the extra pack of cartomizers to arrive, I continued the search for more info, and that’s how I found this forum. I read that the Cig2o is really a repackaged KR808D-1 and learned that there's a couple places...Vapor4Life & LiteCigUSA...that carry the KR808D-1 batteries and cartomizers for a better price. I really like V4L’s selection of pre-filled cartomizers. Has anyone used the V4L cartomizer with their Cig2o? One of the reviewers wrote that V4L’s cartomizers wouldn’t screw onto his/her battery, but didn’t say what battery they were using. Would hate to order something that didn't work. Also, does anyone know if the Cig2o battery is considered a standard or an extra long? Would like to purchase one of the cases that V4L offers.

Thank you for the help. I’m a bit over-whelmed trying to grasp everything!

Last edited:

Sorrid

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2010
Tampa,Florida
Welcome Sandy! I Just looked up Cig2o and looks just like a kr808 so I would assume that it is. Hopefully someone will come along shortly who can verify this for sure. Remember, you can purchase your own juice and refill those cartomizers many times before they need to be thrown out. This will save you a considerable amount of money if you decide to do this. Most people can use a cartomizer about a weeks worth of refills before they need to be tossed. It is possible to clean them and continue to use them longer but they are a disposable item.

tigerlily

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2010
Oklahoma
Welcome to ecf. I've not used the type of pv you mentioned, but I've heard some good things about v4L cartomizers so I hope they are compatible. Sorrid is right when he suggested being able to refill the ones you get with your kit. I suggest you take some time to shop for some interesting sounding flavors and order some samples. The "great juice hunt" will be the fun part of your new vaping experience.

Sandy68

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2011
Illinois
Thanks catmman, Scooter70, sidetrack, and plyallstar for the warm welcomes! Am sure I’ll have plenty of questions along this journey...is a bit like walking into a different world!

Sorrid, tigerlilly & JBLB60: Thanks for your welcomes, and responses. Yes, I saw where many folks are using juice, and that may come eventually but for now I want to stay with the pre-filled cartos. I’m a wade into the waters easy kind of person, and need a better understanding of the ins/outs of things first. My goodness there’s so much to learn!!

vr4boostin: You wrote that the Cig2o is NOT a kr808 and the only thing in common is the threads. Is the kr808 better???? If you tell me yes, then I have a GREAT excuse for getting a Vapor King starter kit. LOL. I really like the looks of the Vapor King, and the V4L selections are fantastic! Hmmmmm :rolleyes:, wonder if my Cig2o USB/wall-charger would work with the Vapor King batteries?! Anyone know????

redryder1

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Henderson, North Carolina
Welcome to ECF Sandy! I'm vaping a few different vendor 808's. Cartos are easily refillable, and easy to clean. I ordered about 20 cartomizers with my first two kits and im still using them. Simply boil them for 15 minutes with the rubber tip OUT of the cartomizer, and allow to dry over night. This is to simply remove the old juice residue from the cartomizer, then keep on vaping them.Im using one cartomizer now for about 3 weeks. And at a cost of about 1.50 each, its very affordable. Try a few vendors for juices to see what you like, or you can DIY your own juices like a lot of us do. Thats even cheaper!! you can narrow dwn ur vaping cost to ~75 cents per day..I have delt with V4L a lot..Hands dwn great customer service, parts replacements, and will answer any questions you have within hours. As far as price, CigEasy is a great vendor as well. They carry 901's and 808's. cartos juices, etc at a great price. They are in California, and since im in North Carolina, it takes about 3 days for shipment to arrive, but V4L is in Indiana, only a day and my gear is at my door in a day. If you have in questions, there are tons of people on here that love to assist.!! great group here..Theres never s stupid question. They are constantly answering my questions too..LOL, but neway WELCOME!!

Last edited:

redryder1

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
vr4boostin: You wrote that the Cig2o is NOT a kr808 and the only thing in common is the threads. Is the kr808 better???? If you tell me yes, then I have a GREAT excuse for getting a Vapor King starter kit. LOL. I really like the looks of the Vapor King, and the V4L selections are fantastic! Hmmmmm , wonder if my Cig2o USB/wall-charger would work with the Vapor King batteries?! Anyone know????

Agreed, a 808 is a LOT of people's starter before moving to Mods etc.. It vapes like a beast, good quality and simplicity in parts and components. Still gives you that normal analog feeling and look, if thats a factor, which most of the time is a factor for most beginners. Its about 65.00 bucks for 2 batteries, USB charger, wall charger, 5 cartos, and a nice lil carrying case. Btw, if you plan to refill ur cartos to save money ( recommended) get MANUAL batteries.. it'll pay off for ya.

Sandy68

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2011
Illinois
If you search this forum for Cig2o you will finds lots of posts that say it is compatible with the KR808D-1 model.

Thanks DC2 for the reply. I just looked on the back of the USB plug that came with my Cig2o starter kit and it says right on the back that it works with the KR808D-1 so I'm thinking the Vapor King batteries *will* work with the Cig2o charger.

The USB plug has this info on the back:

Input: DC 4.5V -- 6.5V 0.3A

Output: DC 4.2V 0.15A

If the KR808D-1 is compatible, does this mean that not only are the threads the same but the Input/Output V/A of the plug doesn't matter either? I don't know beans about these kinds of things. It looks like this may be the case and if I'm understanding this correctly then I CAN switch over to the Vapor King batteries! :) :cool: Am I understanding all this correctly?

Thanks....

Hi Sandy68.
Glad to have you here on the forum. Welcome!

Can't tell you anything about the Cig2o, but my KR808 has been a reliable and good vaping device. Easy to find parts and accessories, also.
Maybe check this out:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...st-electronic-cigarette-first-time-vaper.html

Read this 6 part series also:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ping-illustrated-guide-e-cigs-part-1-6-a.html

and watch these six vids when you get the chance:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-videos-newbies-particular-broke-newbies.html

Good luck in all your future vaping endeavors!

Sandy68

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2011
Illinois
Welcome to ECF Sandy! I'm vaping a few different vendor 808's. Cartos are easily refillable, and easy to clean. I ordered about 20 cartomizers with my first two kits and im still using them. Simply boil them for 15 minutes with the rubber tip OUT of the cartomizer, and allow to dry over night. This is to simply remove the old juice residue from the cartomizer, then keep on vaping them.Im using one cartomizer now for about 3 weeks. And at a cost of about 1.50 each, its very affordable. Try a few vendors for juices to see what you like, or you can DIY your own juices like a lot of us do. Thats even cheaper!! you can narrow dwn ur vaping cost to ~75 cents per day..I have delt with V4L a lot..Hands dwn great customer service, parts replacements, and will answer any questions you have within hours. As far as price, CigEasy is a great vendor as well. They carry 901's and 808's. cartos juices, etc at a great price. They are in California, and since im in North Carolina, it takes about 3 days for shipment to arrive, but V4L is in Indiana, only a day and my gear is at my door in a day. If you have in questions, there are tons of people on here that love to assist.!! great group here..Theres never s stupid question. They are constantly answering my questions too..LOL, but neway WELCOME!!

Thanks redryder1...you just put my mind at ease in one area regarding refilling cartos. I've heard there's a danger of bacteria, and this was a bit of a concern. It's good to know that the cartomizers can be boiled...definitely saving this info as I may just go that route eventually. :) V4L is looking better all the time too...great looking batteries, cases, cartos, juices, etc. etc.!

redryder1

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Im vaping a one month old carto now as I type to you and the room is fulla vapor..LOL. No worries.. BTW, check out CigEasy, they have some 808 batteries too that are cheaper than V4L. But seeing that ur from the V4L town, u cud have ur gear in no time ;-)
I have some codes for discounts for them too BTW on my email. I can message you to ur inbox if you want them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread